Finally! I finished answering all your questions that you asked me during my Q&A post! Took me long enough, eh? Well here they are, in the order that you left them. Here is also an outfit I wore out with my lovely girls last Friday. Comfortable yet romantic. Enjoy!
1. How tall are you? I am 5’11” (180 cm.). Yes, I am very tall . . . but I love it!
2. If you could visit any place in the world with no budget where would you go? I would have to say Paris because I always dream of it being so romantic, beautiful, full of rich history, art, and creativity. I would like to see how it compares to how I envision it in my head.
3. What is your job? I am the girls’ social media manager at Volcom Clothing. I help with the creation and coordination of the upcoming Volcommunity blog set to launch in mid-March. I will be working closely with the Volcom bloggers and girls’ design team on blog content, taking behind-the-scenes footage of video, photo shoots, and events, and everything else in-between like updating the Volcom Girls Facebook and Twitter pages. I am also a free-lance writer and fashion blogger, of course!
4. What do you prefer - vintage or designer clothes? Definitely vintage, but vintage designer would be even nicer!
5. Who are your favorite bloggers? Gosh, I have so many, but some of my absolutely everyday reads that I always have to check are: Sterling Style, Late Afternoon, My Floor is Red, The World Looks Red, Another Day to Dress Up, Fashion Zen, AfterDRK, Atlantic-Pacific, Song of Style, Sincerely Jules, Style Scrapbook, Phosphene, Fashion Chalet, The Blonde Salad, Fashion Bananas, Fashionerdic, Flashes of Style, The Cherry Blossom Girl, and The Golden Diamonds. These are just a FEW of my favorite blogs!
6. At what age did you know that you had a love for fashion? I am not sure exactly what age I truly fell in love with a little thing called fashion, but I think it must have been as soon as I could talk! I think it started with my first Barbie doll. I must have been like 3 probably. My mom bought me a huge case full of Barbie clothes and I loved to make up interesting outfits for my dolls. my aunt even crocheted a few outfits for me and those were my favorite. My mother was also an expert seamstress and she sometimes made me dresses and pants for school. Fashion has just always been a part of my life and always caught my interest. From then on, the interest just sort of bloomed into a passion, and especially so in the 9th grade when I finally discovered who Marc Jacobs was. It just took off from there!
7. What is the best place to buy vintage clothes? I don’t usually shop at exclusive vintage clothing shops because I think they are too expensive. I always find great vintage pieces at random thrift stores I come across, like The Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc. The hunt may be harder and quite a bit longer, but there are sure to be some great pieces amongst the junk!
8. What did you study in school? I studied a lot of things in school. I was a Biology major at first because I wanted to do something in the medical field, but I switched majors to American Literature and Culture my junior year of university at UCLA. But I did get my A.A. degree in Biology. I also took some film classes that I really loved. I liked that I got a very broad education. I kept my options open and now I do what I love!
9. What kind of camera do you use? I first started off with an old Canon 10D, but now I switch back and forth between a Canon Rebel XS and Rebel XTi. I start my photography class next month, and once I get my skills mastered, I hope to upgrade to a Canon 7D!
10. What do you use to edit your pictures? I am really crap at Photoshop and haven’t taken the time to learn how to properly use it yet, so I go the easy route and use picnik.com. It works great! I just edit pics slightly and try to get great pics the first time around with natural lighting.
11. What do you do in your free time? I love to do a lot of things! I read, writer, play the piano/guitar, sing, dance, workout (I love to bike ride, do tae bo, and hike), go to the movies, meet up with friends, shop (of course), listen to music, Internet surf, but most of all I love to create.
12. Who is your photographer? My sister Natalie from the blog Natalie off Duty is my main photographer, unless I am out with a friend.
13. How many pairs of shoes do you have? I don’t know exactly. I try not to overindulge in shoes but stick with classic pairs that I can wear with everything. But I will count them soon and get back to you on this!
14. What is the most expensive items in your wardrobe? I have quite a lot of really great designer pieces, but I got them for super cheap prices (so those don’t count). And I buy mostly sale items at the shops, but one of my recent purchases, a black leather motorcycle jacket, has to be the most expensive item I have recently purchased. But I think it’s a really good investment. Leather jackets are essential!
15. How much time do you spend on blogging? I usually blog for a few hours at night, when I am comfy in bed with the TV on! It’s harder for me to blog as much as I did when I first started and I wish I could get back to all of your comments like I used to before. But I try to work blogging around my busy schedule because I am def. committed to it and love it so much! I try to limit my time online and like to take breaks on the weekends.
16. What is your favorite high street brand? I must say that H&M is because they are always right on trend and have a nice selection of things!
17. How has blogging changed your life? It has changed my life in a very positive way by changing my career direction in life towards fashion and social media. Never before did I ever think I could or would work in fashion, and now I do. The skills and knowledge that I have learned through blogging has definitely opened up many doors for me, both socially and personally, and I couldn’t be happier. It has also made me more confident in my personal style choices and overall life. I am happy to say that blogging has made my dreams come true and has allowed me to truly follow my passions and develop new ones.
18. Is there a difference for you between what fashion is and what style is? I like to think of fashion as all the options that you can choose from when it comes to clothing. It is what the stores sell you and it is what the magazines tell you are trendy and that you should be wearing at the moment. But style is something truly unique and transcends anything a magazine editor can tell you. Style takes fashion and molds it to suit your personal preferences and personality. Interpreting fashion in your own way is style. They both go hand in hand, but style is what makes fashion interesting.
19. What is your favorite quote concerning fashion? There is a quote I really love from Marilyn Monroe. She once said, "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." I think this quote has a really great meaning behind it, and has a lot of truth, especially coming from such a world-renowned icon who has been scrutinized and shaped by the public eye so closely throughout her career. Applying this quote to fashion and to life in general I think is a great thing because it makes us think about ourselves in a whole new light. Why strive to be perfect when it is our imperfections that make us unique and one-of-a-kind? Madness is genius because it allows us to let loose and be creative. This quote embraces the strength of individuality, and this is something I try to do every single day.
20. Have people recognized you because of your blog? Yes, they have, a few times. I think it is quite funny! I get recognized a lot with my sister when we are out shopping sometimes in the LA area, and we got stopped a few times in NYC. But everyone who has approached me so far has been very nice! Sometimes people stare and you can tell they are talking about you, and I always wonder if it is because of my blog. But sometimes I never know. Maybe it is because I wear what I like and stick out because of my tallness. Who knows? hehe
21. What do you think was the key in becoming so huge on the blogging circuit? I don’t know exactly what the key is (maybe this is a good question to ask someone far more famous in the blogging world than I am), but I think that being yourself is really important. Being creative and having good, interesting, and aesthetically pleasing content that is a reflection of the blogger’s personal style and personality is important to me, too, and are often the things that I notice in a blog I really love. There are a lot of factors in play when it comes to a popular blog that catches the interest of many, but I think that creativity and a strong reflection of passion are very important.
22. Where did you learn to play the guitar? I learned how to play the guitar during my junior year of university. I always wanted to learn, so I signed up for a beginner’s class. Now I just teach myself and watch Youtube tutorials. I only know the basics, but sometimes that is enough to just strum my favorite song and be totally at ease.
23. How do you stay in shape? Naturally, I am a very active person. I hate sitting on my ass all day. I like to be up and moving. I don’t go to the gym, but I try to jump rope twice a week. I like to take walks (nearly every day), hikes, yoga, and long bike rides (usually on the weekend). My workout regime is not on a regular schedule, but when I feel like I need to move, I’ll just set like 30 minutes or an hour aside to get up and get active! I also really love tae-bo! Or I just turn on the music in the rec room downstairs and just dance my ass off! Anything that makes me work up a good sweater makes me feel so good!
24. Are you happy? Yes, of course I am! I couldn’t be happier with where I am right now and I look forward so much to the future!
25. How would you describe yourself in 3 words? Creative, kind, and passionate
26. Which are your favorite musicians/bands? I love so many bands and musicians! Here are my absolute favorites: The Doors, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Heart, Aerosmith, Michael Jackson, Jewel, The Strokes, Pheonix, The Black Keyes, Radiohead, Muse, Florence and the Machine, Kate Nash, Adele, Ingrid Michaelson, old school No Doubt, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Bruno Mars, Guns N' Roses, Alice in Chains, The Spinto Band, Phantom Planet, MGMT, Incubus, Interpol, The Silversun Pickups, Muse, Cold War Kids, Shakira, The Bird and the Bee, Lightspeed Champion, Audioslave, and lots lots more! But I can't remember them all right now! I have a very eclectic taste in music. As long as it makes me feel emotion, sing along, or get up and dance, then I like it!
27. How long does it take for you to showers? 10-15 minutes. haha. I’m not sure exactly.
28. What is your favorite season? Fall! But then I also love summer. Oh, I love all seasons!
29. What are your plans for the future (design, fashion)? I hope to continue working in fashion, hopefully on an even grander scale and with a company that I really believe in and connect to on a personal level. I would someday love to style or be head of the marketing side of a fashion brand, magazine, or department store.
30. What is your favorite movie? I have so many favorites, but one of my absolute favorites that I always love to watch is The Breakfast Club. I also love Clueless, since that movie really perpetuated my love for fashion and inspired the way I dressed growing up. Cher Horowitz was my style icon!
31. Out of all the classes you’ve taken in college, which ones have been your favorite? I really loved all the American Literature classes that I took at UCLA. My teachers were all so motivated to teach and they really loved the subject they were teaching, bringing to life all the stories and characters we delved into. And I was reading all the books that I would have been reading already just for fun! My major wasn’t work for me, but almost like a continuation of my hobby. Being in this major really helped with my creative writing and has expanded my knowledge of words and what it takes to be a great storyteller. Out of all the many science classes that I took, none of them was my favorite because I actually kind of hated the subject and all its technicality. But I did enjoy Organic Chem because my crush/eye candy was in the class. hehe
32. Where do you get inspiration from? Everything and everywhere! I think I am most inspired by nature and certain color combinations that are striking to my eye.
33. How do you take such great photos? I use a CANON SLR and I have my sister take my pictures most of the time. I always take her outfit pics, too, whenever I can. My photography skills have developed tremendously in the past year and I really have come to enjoy and love it so much! It is a growing passion of mine.
34. Do you like living in Los Angeles? Do you like the people? It is a love/hate relationship with LA. I live in the suburbs in the valley about 25 minutes outside of the city. I love that I am close enough to visit the city whenever I feel like it, but I also love how quiet and even boring it is where I live. Where I live, there is a lot of green. I can walk a few blocks and feel like I am in a rustic forest. So it’s a nice change from the fast-paced city life. My favorite part of Los Angeles is Santa Monica. I lived there when I was really little, and I go there almost every week! The people in LA can sometimes be a little snotty, but there are people like that everywhere. Everyone its driving in LA and into their own thing and it’s not usual that you are going to stop in the street to talk and say hello to a complete random stranger. But there are always good and bad sides of every place. But I know a lot of amazing people here, and it will always be my home.
35. Where would you want to live if you could anywhere in the world? I wouldn’t mind living in NYC for a while. I was there last summer for 2 weeks with my sister. We stayed in an apartment and it was one of the best times of my life. I literally fell in love with the city. I love every single aspect about NYC from the walking and people watching on the subways to all the food and shopping and diversity all around you. Everything is in NYC; it's like the center of the world.
36. How did you get into blogging? I got into it because I loved fashion and I wanted to share my passion with others and connect on a level that I never had the chance to do before in real life. I was in university and it was a way for me to be creative and express my love for fashion in-between and after class. My friends weren't really into fashion like I was, so starting a blog allowed me to start a conversation about something that really meant something to me. Now it is such a huge part of my life. I wouldn’t know what I’d do without my fellow bloggers in this online world.
37. Who/what are your favorite photographers? Magazines? I really love Juergen Teller, Steven Meisel, Zoltan Tombor, Steven Klein, Peter Lindbergh, Helmut Newton, Scott Schuman, Patrick Demarchelier, Annie Leibovitz, and all those famous photographers. But there are so many more lesser known photographers that I love from all the fashion editorials I lust over. I also love the work of the Zanita, the young Sharon Gong, and Nirrimi from the blog We Live Young. As for magazines, I really love British Vogue and Elle (any British magazine actually), Glamour, i-D, Harper's Bazaar, Lula, French Vogue, Teen Vogue, Grazia, and whatever is in the high fashion section at the bookstore.
38. Where are your favorite places to shop? I love to shop everywhere. I am obsessed with thrift stores. I also love Forever 21, H&M, Zara, Bloomingdales, and all those types of places. There is really no place I won’t shop! hehe. But I love thrifting the most because I don’t like to spend a lot of money on clothes. I also love browsing Crossroads Trading Co., Buffalo Exchange, and Wasteland in Los Angeles.
39. What’s a day like for you? I wake up, check my email and my blog, correspond with my boss and co-workers, eat breakfast, head out to work if I need to go to the office or out on location, drive home from work (which can take forever), eat dinner, watch TV, go for a walk. If I work from home on some day, I write, meet up for friends on lunch breaks, do some photography out and about, and work on the blog in my free time!
40. What is your favorite thing to eat, ever? Pizza!!! Also, I could eat Hainanese chicken rice any day of the week (totally weird, I know, but it is so darn good!)
41. Who are what inspires you and who is your role model? I always have to say that my role models are my parents because they work so hard and would do anything for my sister and I. I really look up to them for this and they inspire me to be hard-working and passionate. I am inspired by so many people. They can be someone I met off the street for just a second or someone I have known for a long time or even someone famous. But they have to be someone who follows there dreams relentlessly and still has the time to do good in the world, open up their hearts to others, and lend a helping hand.
42. If you had to choose one and definitive outfit, what would it be? If I had to choose one outfit completely definitive of my personal style, I would have to choose one made up of a printed maxi skirt that hits at the ankle, a lightweight sweater, and a black leather jacket. I would throw on a belt around the waist. This ensemble is now my go-to look and was just showcased on my blog! It defines my personal style so well because it is a mix of both bohemian and edginess that is completely me. It’s both girly and tough, and I love to juxtapose styles against each other. Fashion is more fun that way. This look is also super comfortable, and I am all about comfort.
43. Do you speak any other languages? I used to be pretty good at Spanish, but once I got into college, I basically stopped practicing and lost it all. I also took Italian for a quarter at UCLA (which I got an A in), but I am really rusty. I was an English major, so English is my forte, but I definitely want to brush up on my Spanish and Italian! So at the moment, the answer is no (I am so embarrassed to say).
44. Where did you go to school? I went to UCLA,, home of the Bruins!! :) Best school EVER!
45. Where do you find time to post and take pictures? I try to take more pictures on the weekend so I can post them during the week, or I try to find time after work. Someday I get to work from home, which helps when I feel like taking an outfit shot, or I just take them out and my sister or a friend takes them. I try to post whenever I have the time, and I usually create my posts at night.
46. What is your age? I am 23.
47. Would you like to come here in Rio de Janeiro sometime in your life? Absolutely!
48. What do you want to be in the future? I hope to continue working in social networking/media, but hopefully with a brand that really defines my style, such as Zara, Forever 21, or H&M. I hope to continue blogging, making music, and also starting my own business (be it a fashion-based website or online shop).
49. What kind of lens do you use for your camera? I use a standard 18mm-55mm lens.
50. Have you ever been to Europe? Not yet! Europe is my dream destination and I hope to visit very soon! I would also love to live there for a little while!
51. If you could sit front row at any fashion show which would it be? Probably Chanel because it is always such a grand event and totally defines fashion week. Chanel is one of those timeless brands that has always appealed to me, and I think Karl is a genius.
52. What is the correct etiquette: pancakes butter than maple syrup, or pancakes maple syrup then better? Def. the first one! hahahahaha. I LOVE pancakes. But I would also put some whipped cream on top!
53. Is it just you and Natalie or do you have any other siblings? It’s just me and my little Nat! Best buds forever :)
54. What is your favorite blog, or first one you visit each day? Definitely Style Scrapbook because I can always expect a wonderful update from the beautiful Andy!
55. Do you have a few tips for bloggers? Be yourself, blog about what you love, and get creative with your technique. Have fun!
56. What is your favorite place in the whole wide world? This is a hard one. But so far, NYC is my favorite place in the whole wide world. I also love Malaysia because it is a country that never sleeps and the food is amazing! It's so different from any place I have ever been and I really enjoy being there.
57. What you rather live without lipstick or mascara? I would rather live without mascara. Lipstick always wakes up a face.
58. How do you maintain your ‘real life’ with ‘blog life’? Do you always bring your camera with you? I don’t always bring my camera with me. Sometimes I just don’t want to worry about what I wear and photographing it for the blog. I just want to go out and have fun. Taking a break from blogging is a good thing. I have a really great balance between my real life and my blog life, but a lot of the times the two intersect, like if I make new blog friends in real life, or I get a really great job opportunity out my blog.
59. Is your family Latin? Yes, from my dad’s side of the family! He is half Spanish and half Mexican!
60. What is your favorite clothing item to shop for? Maxi skirts!
61. What is your favorite clothing item? Maxi skirts again! I feel so good in them! haha. But I also loooooooove to shop for sweaters and jackets. Sweaters are so comfy and pretty, and a really great jacket can do so much for a look.
62. What is one item that you wear over and over again in your wardrobe? Black leather motorcycle jacket!
63. What is your dream job? I love my job as a social media coordinator because I really love connecting with people and building a brand online, but I would also really like to report from the fashion shows all over the world for a major magazine! Anything that allows me to travel a lot and work in fashion would be AMAZING!
64. What is your biggest dream? My biggest dream is to travel the entire world, meet new people, and use my love of fashion in a way that helps those in need all over the world.
65. Every planning on popping to London? It is always on my mind! I cannot wait for the day that I actually do go!
66. Do you diet at all? Nope, I HATE dieting. I LOVE food and eating and being with people I love while surrounded by food. But I do try to eat healthy and I eat a lot of homemade meals. But I also love bread and rice and chicken and all that good stuff! I always say eat what you love, but don’t overdo it. I also am a very active person and have good genes from my parents, so I guess I am also lucky!
67. Do you have a boyfriend? I don’t have one at the moment and I am quite loving the single life, though sometimes I do miss being in a relationship. But I am still waiting for the perfect guy! So if you know any really tall ones with a good personality, a kind heart, and a handsome face, send him my way, please!
68. What is your favorite style to wear? I love a mix of vintage and modern. I am always wearing different styles everyday, so I don’t have a particular favorite. But I do love the sixties/seventies bohemian look!
69. What do you imagine yourself doing in 10 years? I see myself married to a wonderful man with my first child, with a steady job or my own business that also allows me to travel, and just settling down overall. Hopefully, I will have my own home by then!
70. How has your life changed after your blog? I have become a lot more busier and focused on what I really want to do in life! I am so much more confident with who I am and what I wear, and I landed a great job because of it!
71. At first, did you ever think that your blog would be so successful and that people would like it so far as to leave more than 100 comments a day? Never! But I am so thankful for all your support now!
72. What are you favorite artists? I have a huge appreciation for art and I love visiting museums to check out all that early Renaissance works of art. It's just so beautiful. As for modern art, I love to look at it and think about, but I don't really have much knowledge of the artists. So I can't say any names. But I sure do love what they do! As for musical artists, look at the above question concerning my favorite musicians and bands.
73. What do you look for in a great blog? I look for great personality and creativity, lovely pictures, a good eye, and someone who is relatable. If I feel like I can really connect with the blogger and her perspective on fashion, that’s when I know I am a huge fan and will become a regular reader.
74. What would you say are staple items in your closet and staple items every girl should own? Staples in my closet are my blazers, leather motorcycle jacket, high-waisted maxi skirts, button-front blouses, slouchy sweaters, and silky tops. These are everything you need to look fabulous no matter what. Also, really great fitting skinny jeans in a dark wash are a must-have, too! I think every girl should have one really great waist belt because everything looks better belted at the waist, even sweaters! Also, leather ankle boots with a low heel are an essential must-have!
75. What’s a typical meal for you? I love to eat and I love having homemade dinner. I love eating Asian food and Indian food. The dinner menu changes every night in my house! I still live at home, so I am able to enjoy all my mom's amazing meals. I love it when my mom cooks. She makes the best red curry noodle soup with tofu. It’s spicy and tangy and so delicious. I could eat it every day if I could! Meals also involve a lot of rice, or sometimes I just stir fry a lot of vegetables with tofu or chicken and eat it on top of brown rice with soy sauce and chili. So easy, healthy, and delicious! Lunch is usually sandwiches, left overs, or In n’ Out burgers and fries! I love french fries! They are my weakness! Oh, and pizza, too!!!! Oh, I have a soft spot for Panda Express around lunchtime. HECK YEAH!
76. What’s your favorite way to treat yourself? Shopping, ice cream, and a good book!
77. What is your proudest vintage find? I must say a vintage brown leather Gucci high-waisted skirt that I got for only $15. It was basically brand new. I haven’t worn it yet, but I can’t wait to!
78. Do you want to stay in the LA area forever? I wouldn’t mind if I could live in Santa Monica or anywhere on the west side of Los Angeles. It is so beautiful and peaceful there, and has a lot of great places to eat and shop. And you can go to the beach (well, the water is not the cleanest) whenever you want and enjoy those lovely sunsets every evening.
79. What are some of your favorite thrift/vintage shops in LA? I love hitting up all The Goodwills and Salvation Armys. I just google them to find ones I haven’t been to before. There are some really great thrift shops on Fairfax near The Grove shopping center. Out of the Closet is nice, too. There are a bunch of them all over Los Angeles. I don’t really hit up flea markets, but I know that the one at the Rose Bowl is very good (but a little pricier). I also love to head over to Downtown Ventura (outside of LA) because the Main Street there is full of thrift stores. The whole place is lined with them! I need to plan a trip there soon!
80. How much do you weigh? I hardly ever weigh myself, but I think I was like 140 the last time I checked. Maybe more now after all that eating I did during the holidays. But I am tall, so i guess I carry weight better than most! haha
81. What are your favorite books and movies? I am a major bookwork, so I am kind of sad that I am now too busy to read as much as I used to. But some of my favorite books are White Orleandor by Janet Fitch, A Piece of Cake by Cupcake Brown, The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri, Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld, Daughter of Fortune by Isabel Allende, Lucia, Lucia by Adriana Trigiani, Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston, Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer, The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult, and the entire Harry Potter series. And I still love Judy Blume. She’s the woman who inspired me to write. As for movies, I really love Crash, anything from the 80’s like Pretty in Pink and When Harry Met Sally, Never Been Kissed, Where the Heart Is (with Natalie Portman), The Devil Wears Prada, The Social Network, You’ve Got Mail, Stepmom, Roman Holiday, Some Like It Hot, The Secret Garden, A Little Princess, and all those really great movies they re-run on television because they never get old. I really love good romantic comedies.
82. How can you afford to buy all the clothes? I work and I save and I just started investing lots of my savings thanks to my Dad. I also shop only sale items and thrift. And thanks to my sponsors, I get gifted a lot of lovely items, too!
83. If you got the chance to go to 3 fashion shows to which ones would you go to? This is a hard one because I want to go to them all. But I would have to say Burberry, Marc by Marc Jacobs, and Alexander Wang.
84. Heels or flats? I love feels, but I definitely cannot live without my flats!
85. What are your favorite pair of shoes in your closet? My vintage black leather flat ankle boots! They go with everything!
86. Where is the best place to buy vintage clothes? The thrift stores! Just dig for them!
87. What is your favorite restaurant in LA? I really love The Novel Cafe. There are multiple locations in Los Angeles. It’s a great lunch spot because they have really good sandwiches and even quesadillas and salads. Great flavor and really healthy, too. I used to eat there a lot when I interned at Teen Magazine because it was right across the street. Another place I just discovered is a vegan restaurant in Santa Monica called RDF. So delicious! And if you want an amazing made-to-order-anyway-you-like burger, head to The Counter.
88. What’s the best concert you’ve ever been to and why? I think it has to be the time I went with my best friend to see my favorite band at the moment, We are Scientists, play in Hollywood. I ended up discovering a new favorite band of mine that opened the show, called The Spinto Band. We are Scientists totally rocked that night and I had such a good time! That night reminds me of the good old college days.
89. Do you want to (or ever wanted to) become a professional musician? I did when I was little. It was my dream to be like Jewel and even Christina Aguilera. I love singing, always have. When I was younger, I did some musical theater so that was fun, and I did take piano and singing lessons, and was even in a band with my piano teacher and all my fellow students. I once even tried out for American Idol like 2 years ago I think just for fun (that was the worst idea ever. I waited like 10 hours to sing for 20 seconds). I love to sing and I always sing, but right now doing it professionally is not my goal. It is just a passion of mine and I love sharing my videos on Youtube. I haven’t done a video in a while and I hope to get one up soon!
90. Do you prefer coffee or tea? Coffee in the morning and tea at night.
91. Sleeping in or waking up early? Sleeping in!
92. If you could be any cartoon character, who would you be and why? Roadrunner because he never got caught by Wylie coyote! When I was little, I was always like “beep beep!”.
93. How do you get those soft wavy locks? Going to bed with slightly wet hair and not brushing it in the morning. Otherwise known as laziness. My hair always looks nicer in the summertime because of the heat. But really, I don't do much. If I do feel like I am in the mood to do something, I'll just curl the ends a bit. If I want a messier look, I spray in some texturizer and mess up my locks to bedhead perfection. Most of the time, whatever my hair looks like in the morning is how it is going to look like for the rest of the day. I really am not a hair person at all. I actually HATE my hair! haha
Top - H&M, Hat - Forever 21, Jeans - SOLD DESIGN LAB, Shoes - vintage, Bag - French Connection
Oh, and today is the beginning of the Chinese New Year celebration. It's the Year of the Rabbit which is my year! I take this as a good sign that my 2011 will be a good one for me. I always like to keep my thoughts up :) You can be sure to find me in Chinatown with the family this weekend chowing down on Chinese food and drinking all the boba teas my little heart desires! Can't wait! I celebrated Chinese New Year last year way on the other side of the world in Malaysia with my family there, but it'll be nice to be home for it this year :)
GUNG HAY FAT CHOY ya'll!
And check out my friend Shamime's new fashion blog, Cloth Culture. She just did a little Q&A post with me, too! Check it out HERE.