Wednesday, March 7, 2012

WATCH NOW // KONY 2012




I've been hearing a lot lately about the trials of Uganda and the relentless and violent power Joseph Kony and his army has throughout the country. Learning how this affects the children of Uganda breaks my heart. It makes me want to help. It makes me appreciate every second of the life that I live right now. And this makes me want to help even more. I've been thinking a lot lately about what we can do, as social influencers, to support and actively participate in the causes that we believe in. Whether it be a lot or a little, an investment of time and caring is incredibly important. Every act helps. Whether you have heard about Kony and the children of Uganda or not, take some time out of your day to watch this documentary. It'll give you insight into what is going on, what is being done about it, and how we can help as a country, as a team,and as an individual. When something is as important as this, and we can see the future outcome and steps to get there as what it should be, we need to take a stand and DO something about it.

Help make Kony famous so we can get the support we need.

For more information about the cause, visit the Invisible Children website here.

14 comments:

Sabrina said...

hey Nana, please read this: http://ilto.wordpress.com/2006/11/02/the-visible-problem-with-invisible-children/ xx

Shervins World said...

Soo good! I agree we do need to do something about this!

www.shervinsworld.com

maverick diva said...

I literally just finished watching this video a couple of min ago and visited your blog and came across this post!
Glad to hear you wanna support this too!

http://themaverickdiva.blogspot.com

Natali said...

I watched this movie yesterday and it definitely made an impression at me. As a mom to little girl, I'm very sensitive and aware of this kind of situation and will do this little that I can to make Kony "famous".
This has to stop, I can't find words to describe how wrong this is...

http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

I watched this yesterday, he really needs to be punished severely =(

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Tania Afonso said...

Let´s make him famous!!!xoxo

Cate.B said...

let's do this!

lipoooo said...

great idea!

monica rocha said...

Yesterday i came across this video, too.
I´ve already shared it on my blogs, facebook... Everyone should see it and share it!

xoxo

Wil Harris said...

I came across this as well and began spreading the word. I signed the pledge yesterday. Let's do this! :)

singfashion said...

Wow! Everyone is talking about this! I got emails from different people at totally different schools within two days! This is so amazing!! Totally sharing it!

Artminou said...

had just watched this video it shows how people can be enlightened by social media and lets hope this video continues to spread so this evil can be stopped

artminou.blogspot.com

Michelle Lee said...

agreed

www.pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

Tefy said...

I think all fashion bloggers should share the video! thanks for being one of them! This is what make the difference of all other fashion bloggers! BIG KISS FROM SPAIN! ;)