Thursday, September 27, 2012

CENTRAL LONDON


Dress - Vintage from Fuzzy Bellas, Boots - Belle by Sigerson Morrison, Jacket - True Religion

There is nothing more delightful to me than being a complete and utter stranger in a brand new city . . . a brand new country! Not only do I want to get to know the place like a local, finding the hidden, hole-in-the-wall nooks and secret hidden spots, but I want to be able to appreciate all that makes it famous and known around the world by all. A lot of Londonders I met on this trip told me that these places weren't worth it. They are too touristy. Too crowded. To blaaaah. But I didn't care. Natalie and I set aside a whole day committed to hitting up a few of London's most well known spots imprinted in the minds of the majority of us American thanks to the movies, television, and news coverage. We ran through the sprawling open grass of St. James Park. Not caring who stared. We did the whole cheesy/touristy/posing thing in front of Buckingham Palace (and wondered if we still had a chance of becoming princesses). Then we fought our way through the endless maze of the posh Chelsea and Kensington areas, to in the end find ourselves lost in the endless floors of Harrods. Then off to Westminster Abbey and Big Ben it was. We drowned our senses in the stunning Gothic architecture of buildings pulsating with history and age and timeless beauty. All so ready to impress and capture the hearts of all that pass by. I was shocked to realize by the end of our London trip that I barely looked at the pages of tips and recommendations that were given to me. Each day was unplanned and spur-of-the-moment, and I think it worked out best that way. I'd wake up in the morning, feel the urge to see Buckingham Palace and dream of marrying a prince, and we'd up and do just that. Then we'd just figure out the rest of our day as we went. I miss that feeling of having the world literally at your fingertips, putting your finger on a map, and saying "Let's do this". The end of this day in particular was quite breathtaking. The best view of the Thames River right beside Big Ben during a magical sunset. London. Nothing get's better than this. xo

40 comments:

Fashion Agony said...

Awesome photos, London looks amazing!

xoxo
Fashion Agony blog

lifeisamaze said...

Lovely photos ! They make me wanna go back to London !
:)

Norbyah said...

these pics are absolutely gorgeous! i love them. thanks for giving us a look at what you've been up to. i agree with you....i really love nothing better than finding the local haunts....getting to know a place like a local, but you're right....you have to do the touristy things, too.

Joana said...

Central London is beautiful though sometimes annoyingly busy. These photos are amazing

Pili's style said...

I am loving the pictures!!
http://pilisstyle.blogspot.com/

Liz Lauren said...

amazing! so beautiful!


http://lavieenliz.com

Natalie Suarez said...

SO SO IN LOVE WITH THIS!! i love u and miss u

xx

natz

AVY said...

Loving the saturation in those, very pretty.


/ Avy
http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com




Gilberte said...

Jolie photo !! Jolie look

www.leblogdegilberte.over-blog.com

Natali said...

Very beautiful photos, they all look like postcards and you look super happy too :)
Lovely dress!

http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

Lainey said...

your pics from your trip look straight out of a free people catalog. How do you make it look like that? That olden picture effect is amazing!

monkeyshines ♥ said...

beautiful captures!


Bises,
monkeyshines
http://monkeyshines-monkeyshines.blogspot.com/

Marie said...

AMAZING photos!
xx

http://basicstateofmind.blogspot.fr/

Fashiable said...

Great atmosphere! Love the editing of the photos

www.fashiable.nl

Adeola Naomi said...

WONDERFUL pictures and I am so in love with your dress!!!

Sarah said...

when I look at your photos I immediately would love to be in London, too!! :)

xx
Sarah

www.sarahs-fashion-diary.blogspot.com

yonosoyunaitgirl said...

Nice pics and wonderful dress! XX

Lisa said...

Gorgeous photos!
x

francisdodson said...

I love love love London - I cannot wait to visit soon! You've really captured England in these photos, they are absolutely beautiful! x

Andrea said...

i love all of your london pictures! your dress is very cute!

Paperstars said...

Great pictures!!

amalie said...

london is seriously my favorite place on earth. number 1 at least x

Seeking Style said...

I don't know how you came back home after being in beautiful London!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

el_martina said...

London! I love this town!

Stamina said...

Love how you matched this dress with the leather jacket and changed the style completely!!
I heard it was you behind the camera at the campaing photos of Natalie Suarez x Volcom! You did a great job!

http://staminasproject.blogspot.gr/

fran said...

completely the best post of the day
fran

http://www.showroomdegarde.blogspot.com.es/2012/09/black-mint.html

a. said...

I have so much love for this post. Both the way it's written and the content.
I went to London as well and my experiences were much the same, at times so similar it's uncanny!

http://the-makingofthings.blogspot.com.au/

The Fancy Teacup said...

Beautiful captures of London. x

www.TheFancyTeacup.com

Eryn said...

Stunning.

fashionfledge.blogspot.com

caylee said...

i'm living in a dreamland through your posts.
miss you princess dy dy!

Maita of Makeup On Demand said...

I was in London earlier this year and loved it. You made it look so beautiful with your pictures. Thanks for posting :)

I hope you can drop by my blog sometime. http://www.mariaatienza.weebly.com

Let's exchange links :)

Chyrel Gomez said...

This makes me want to go to London even more. Le Sigh. The photos and outfits are lovely, as always.

g.ta said...

London is awesome!! Love those Vespas!! =`)

misscontradictionofsorts said...

omg, these are awesome pix! what kind of camera and lens do you use? stunning perspective!
-jin-

Mrs Vintage said...

I like yr dress :)

www.facebook.com/MrsVintage

Jojo said...

London!! How I miss that city.
Love your pictures. Thanks so much for show me how beautiful it is.
xx

samantha mariko said...

Wow, those photos are amazing. Like "I'm printing them right now to put on my wall" amazing.

the vogue bandit

Adele said...

awesome shots! amazing london! <3

livelikeadreamer.blogspot.com
livelikeadreamer.blogspot.com

Lizzie said...

Such amazing photos! The pic of the eye is stunning!

Love the one of you jumping, so cute!

xo
Lizzie

placeclevertitlehere.blogspot.com

fuzzy bellas vintage said...

i spied a dress from fuzzy bellas.. :))
what a wonderful time you were having