Friday, September 7, 2012

NYFW


It's that crazy time of the year again. NYFW.  Pretty and well-dressed girls and boys are rushing around the city like maniacs. From shows and presentations to dinners and lounges. With the hope of being street style snapped in-between. Duane-Reade is running out of band-aids right this second because of all the blisters forming around the city. Uptown. Downtown. And back uptown again. Gosh that was a heavy taxi fare. Let's do the subway next time? Even though I have this ridiculous dress on. All in the name of fashion. Pardon us, please. This will be my third NYFW, but never have I ever stayed for the entire week (yet). It's amazing now seeing myself getting hyped up to head to the Big Apple to do some of the things I've seen my icons do in the magazines or on the television when I was younger. Sometimes I really do have to pinch myself. It's like a dream come true. And I appreciate every second of this time that I can be frivolous and sip on champagne all day and do all those funny things us fashion girls like to do every once in a while. But at the end of each day, when I collapse in bed after running around like a caffeinated freak in heels all day, I am still the same old normal Dylana (who is just in an even more desperate need of sleep than normal = even more of a crazy person = don't mess with me). I have to say, NYFW is definitely over-rated (with a few snotty people thrown into the mix), but it is always fun. It's the two weeks out of the year when all the lovely people I have met through my blog are together in the same place at the same time. And it is always a pleasure.

I didn't take an extra days off from work to extend my NYFW week this year because of my London trip, and I am totally okay with that. My mind and feet will need the rest before I jet set across the pond. But for the next two days . . . Total madness. I think I'm ready to go. See you soon (again) New York.

22 comments:

fashion nightmare said...

LOVE IT !!!

XX,
FASHION NIGHTMARE

EmerJa said...

I see you'll enjoy this crazy days you say...nice text, love how you express all your feelings:)

Enjoy it a lot!!!


www.emerjadesign.com

Filipa said...

gorgeous! man, I wish I lived in NY :)

Jaya said...

i love what you wrote here! it's awesome how you're living your dreams and attending NYFW, yet you say at the end of it, you're still the same old you. And being in the world of fashion can be overwhelming at times (especially with the "snotty people"), but still oh so amazing. Definitely hoping to attend NYFW in the future!

p.s. I totally saw you and your sister in soho last week, i almost stabbed someone with my huge portfolio by turning my head around! you guys are tall! and super pretty of course :)

xx
www.chasingthmoon.blogspot.com
Givenchy Jewelry Giveaway on my blog!

monkeyshines ♥ said...

exciting! amazing looks!

Bises,
monkeyshines
http://monkeyshines-monkeyshines.blogspot.com/

María Chantal Rodríguez Nilsson said...

you sure rock the fashion week^^

Liz Lauren said...

happy fashion week!

http://lavieenliz.com

Joanna S. said...

GREAT post ! amazing photos <3
I love it <3

Domonique Wilson said...

How exciting :) I'm sure you'll have a blast however long you're there!

http://lilylovelock.blogspot.co.uk/

x

lavelle said...

Sounds amazing! I'm so jealous of everyone who attends fashion week x

Vasilieva said...

awesome looks

http://www.vasilievablog.com/
x

Michelle Lee said...

have fun :)

pink.lemon.in.crystal

Mariana Glez said...

LOVE

garde said...

you are a brilliant blogger!!!!!


i have new looks
http://showroomdegarde.blogspot.com.es/2012/09/afternoon-to-sunset.html

Jennita Lolita said...

awesome post! truly inspiring. I wish I was out there. Can't wait to see more pics.

Jenni <3

lipoooo said...

awesome! :)

VιcκyBeL said...

hope I had these great crazy days too!
looooooooooove NYC:)

www.fashionrailways.com

Aileen said...

Awww it has always been my wish to go to NY for the NYFW. Soon, I guess ;)

The Gloria Record said...

that is so awesome, you and your sister are so lucky to be apart of!

have fun in London :)

Seeking Style said...

I cannot wait to see all your NYFW coverage!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Can't wait to see the post about NYFW! Hope you have a great time there x

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Anne said...

Stunning post! Your blog is adorable <3 Would you maybe like to follow eachother?
Love, Anne

www.movieanne.com