Sunday, September 16, 2012

SHOPIKON // LONDON SHOP CRAWL


Saturday was a day full of East London adventures. We met up with our friends from Shopikon for an underground shop crawl through East London (where the best shopping happens to be in the city) with Jen from Little Bird Fashion, Ellie from Pretty Much Penniless, and Ulrike from We Are Social. Without them, we never would have discovered all the amazing nooks of the city that have the best and most exclusive fashions London has to offer. The Shopikon team is also so funny and down-to-earth, and all Austrian to be exact, and we had a great day shopping, eating, and laughing. From Brick Lane to Shoreditch to Dalston, we store-hopped and got to know the inspirations and back stories behind them. Beyond Retro, London Loves LA, House of Liza, LN-CC, and Pitfield were a few of the East London spots we hit up. Pitfield was definitely one of my favorite places on the crawl; both a furniture store and restaurant, we chowed down on a healthy and hearty lunch after browsing the beautiful vintage furniture finds the place had to offer. It definitely inspired me to decorate my future home in a colorful, kooky, and perfectly British manner. Beyond retro was a gold mine, let me repeat . . . gold mine of everything and anything vintage and downright spectacular. I could spend hours in there. We ended the night filling ourselves up with wine and French delicacies at Brawn in Dalston before partying with the East London hipsters. I felt like a local and it was rad. I really do understand why London is now the fashion capital of the world. These Brits sure know how to dress. And especially so in East London. I don't think I saw one badly dressed person, and everyone had a vintage-cool-I-don't-give-a-care attitude, and I really loved it. So many creepers, oversized denim jackets and camouflage. And so many beautiful boys. Gah. I felt so at home. Today Natalie and I went back to Brick Lane and Shoreditch for the vintage markets (got some amazing pieces to bring home!). I think we are East London pros (well, nearly). One thing I have to say, those East Londoners sure know how to party. I thought we did it up good in Philly and NYC, but the Brits really do put us to shame.

31 comments:

Gabrielle @ LookSharpSconnie said...

AHh Dylana, I am so so jealous.

I've only ever been to London once annd for only 2 days! I went to Camden Lock, though, and fell completely in love with the chic grunginess that is London style.

And the men. oh lord, the men. Something about their perfect blend of properness with down-to-earth manliness is seriously irresistible. I'm oozing with envy.

You seriously look like you fit in so well here. Something about your laid-back but classy style suits London well, and it's so great that you got to do all that fantastic shopping and friend-making. Jealous jealous jealous.

-Gabrielle

Vanessa said...

Awesome pictures, those converses look very fierce! :)

Lizzie said...

Lucky lady, Londonin' it up!

Those spiked, platform converse are out of control.

Great photos :)

xo
Lizzie

http://placeclevertitlehere.blogspot.com

sheylac said...

I want to go to London so bad. So much vintage!! Great photos. Have fun!

Winnie said...

Aw wow, seriously you guys have been visiting places that I haven't even been to. I agree, Beyond Retro is Vintage heaven - I love their accessories! Glad you are both having an awesome time in London!

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

London looks like so much fun. A lot of vintage fashion.

Rory said...

Those studded wedge converse are absolutely FABULOUS! :) I love both yours and Nats looks as well :)
Rory
www.WearAboutsBlog.com
CLICK HERE to enter the Miss Viss Giveaway! !

Pili's style said...

it is always exciting to see your pictures:) thank you for sharing:)
http://pilisstyle.blogspot.com/

Christine Kim said...

So lucky you get to be in London! Hopefully I can go someday!

www.city-limitsblog.blogspot.com

thepinkmateproject said...

I am so envious! I so love to see London! especially the areas where you took photos! great shots!

Vanessa

http://thepinkmateproject.blogspot.com/

Maria Camila said...

LOVELY LOVELY, how I wish I was in London right now!

XO, Adropofbliss.blogspot.com

monkeyshines ♥ said...

beautiful captures!


Bises,
monkeyshines
http://monkeyshines-monkeyshines.blogspot.com/

Kaśq. said...

great shoes!:D:D

putri soe said...

That is like the coolest blue converse sneaks i've ever seen. And you all look so cool in the last pic!

Putri Soe
www.super-nice.co.cc

Hanna & Christel said...

these pictures are great!

<3

a. said...

Looked like a fun day, really loving the mugs and feather necklaces.
Only makes me wish I shopped there while I was in London!

x

Anny Choo said...

Choose a large Ferragamo Handbag , it is highly recommended to take into account its size. If you are looking for designer Ferragamo Handbag replica search, first decide what type of bag you need. For example, you may need a bag to go with him, or to go to work with him, or get away with it, or perhaps you are looking for a handbag that can be universally used for various purposes. If you carry your bag for long distances, it is advisable to choose a very spacious bag with several compartments. And if you're looking for a Ferragamo Outlet for shopping or to visit a club, there should be a small but elegant bag, which could lead to some important points from you. Ferragamo Outlet

http://www.ferragamobagsale.com

Dreamer Girl said...

nice pics

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Nice shots! I'm loving the effect and lusting over those studded sneakers x

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Raspberry and Rouge said...

Sounds so lovely! ENJOY! Xx Rebecca

http://raspberry-rouge.com

Fashiable said...

You look all amazing. I love the way you edit your photos!

www.fashiable.nl

Lucia Flores said...

Gorgeous pictures as always! O.M.G. those studded platform Converse are SO AWESOME!!!

Have a nice week!

XOXO from the Netherlands,
Lucia



http://luciafloresdesigndiary.blogspot.com

Anais Paws said...

A vision of things and ideas deserved to be seen.
http://submag.am/

True said...

love the pictures!
This brings me to Britain...


Check out my Lady Gaga giveaway!


- True

Lois said...

Wow, these pictures! You sure know how to find all those cute vintage shops, so jealous! I love London :)

vonilicious said...

Hope you're having an amazing time! It definitely looks like you are. I'm enjoying living through you and your sisters instagram pics since I've never been to London.

Maria Nelson said...

Is that a shot from the Mawi London flagship store in Shoreditch? I write for their blog and would love to know if you stopped by! http://blog.mawi.co.uk/

Seeking Style said...

Man, I could do some serious damage shopping in London! lol

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

mylifeinsound.com said...

So sweet!!! Gotta bring some of those hotties home to "teach us how to party" because until then I don't believe you!!

xx Cher


mylifeinsound
: ear & eye candy... great music, new music, epic music videos, gig photos xx

M. said...

Love your photos very well taken!


New follower.
xoxo
M

Michelle Lee said...

amazing!

www.pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com