Monday, October 29, 2012

Old City Dreams


Natalie + Dylana x Modern Vice Benni boot in pumpkin, vintage blouse, H&M pants and hat, Rebecca Minkoff bag

A little trek around Old City, Philadelphia in my pumpkin orange Benni boots is the perfect way to welcome in the autumn season. I still can't believe it's nearly the end of October. We are in the midst of the Halloween festivities, and I'm already working on my second costume. Currently, Hurricane Sandy is on the minds of everyone around me, and we are all prepping for a straight two days of being stuck inside. Stocking up on things like water bottles, cereal, and bread. Bananas have sold out at the local supermarket. At least work has been cancelled for today and tomorrow because of all the paranoia surrounding this oncoming storm. Just the little break I needed so much after what has felt like weeks of nonstop work, work, work. Old 90's movie and Sex and the City marathons are my top priority right now. It kind of feels fantastic.

By the way, how do you all like the new blog redesign? It's definitely still a work in progress, but I think it's the closet it's ever been to what I have fully envision my blog to look like. I've been thinking a lot about what kind of direction I want my blog to go in, and I feel like the best way to go about things is to really not think too much about it at all. A focus on photography has a much more distinct presence on the blog, and this is something that has developed naturally over time. And to think that using an SLR camera was brain surgery to me back when I started blogging in 2007. Now it is a such an everyday part of my life that it only made sense to make the pictures bigger on my blog so everyone can get a better look. I just want this blog to not only be fashion-centric, which is how it started as, but also a personal place where I share bits and pieces of my life with you all. I feel like we all have a lot of awesome things we can share with each and teach other through words, pictures, or however else we choose to express ourselves. And that's what I love most about keeping this blog. I have total control and I get to do what I love and share it with you all. Let's all just keep it up like this.

35 comments:

Sienna Rose said...

I love your shirt.
Simple but great outfit. :)

Sienna xx

Fashiable said...

Love this basic look, especially with the hat :)

www.fashiable.nl

Rory said...

Those boots are absolutely AMAZING!
Rory
www.WearAboutsBlog.com
CLICK HERE to enter the $50 Fifth and Orient Giveaway
AND one more giveaway!! Visit my blog to enter both!

Laura said...

I so love these boots


XX
http://Lauralexo.blogspot.com

monkeyshines ♥ said...

adorable pop of red!

Bises,
monkeyshines
http://monkeyshines-monkeyshines.blogspot.com/

Andrea said...

love the new layout and your boots are amazing!

Haylie said...

Awesome outfit once again! I absolutely love your style!! I wish hats looked that good on me! haha

-Haylie

EmerJa said...

Nice blouse and love the shoes. The hat looks so good on you!!:)



www.emerjadesign.com

le style child said...

beautiful post and great start on your re-design ;>

Borjana said...

Heaven for my eyes,love it honey!;)
xx
B.
http://www.beeswonderland.com/

Gyenzen Tshokey said...

I love your new blog change.
I love your hat too! :)
Take care.

Liz Lauren said...

love the hat!

check out my giveaway!


http://lavieenliz.com

Estherina said...

Love those shoes and how romantic these pictures are!

Step into Estherina's World

ALI&ANG said...

Wow the photography is beautiful I thought this was somewhere in Europe! Hope you are surviving Sandy!

Ali of:

www.aliandang.com

Linda said...

I love your outfit! Super cute shirt :)
I just found your blog, and you're the first fashion blogger I've found who is also in Philadelphia! That's so cool!

http://www.tenderallure.com/

Mariana Glez said...

LOVE WOMAN!!
:)

yonosoyunaitgirl said...

Nice pics and great look! XX

Frambu said...

qué linda! :)

Pili's style said...

I am stuck with brownies and Sex and the city as well :) stay safe!

lavelle said...

Excellent outfit, awesome new layout and PLEASE STAY SAFE DURING SANDY! xx

fran said...

i love the new image of your blog baby
fran

NEW LOOK: GRAFFITI
http://showroomdegarde.blogspot.com.es/2012/10/graffiti.html

chocolatefashioncoffee said...

love your shirt!

http://chocolatefashioncoffee.blogspot.ro/

K. said...

love the shoes <3 :)

Ginger Snap ♥ said...

Lovely photos! I love your blouse and those shoes give a gorgeous pop to your outfit! x

http://www.gingerrsnap.blogspot.co.uk/

JM Mericle said...

I have been a big fan of your stellar content for a while -- but I absolutely LOVE the new photo-centric style of the blog, and am really looking forward to hearing more about your personality and adventures!
Hope you are well and weathering the storm safely--
JM
www.threadandbones.com

fatima said...

Lovely shoes and your bracelets are so adorable. I love how you worked a really dark look in terms of clothes but made sure to wear a vivid color of shoes. It makes the whole look work together beautifully. Thanks for the inspiration :) x

Love, Fatima (fashionpilgrim)
Twitter: @fashpilgrim
Instagram: @fashionpilgrim

Vogue Villain said...

Beautiful photos.
Such an adorable outfit!
I love the arm candy too :)
www.voguevillain.com

pumpkinsoup said...

I love your newly redesigned blog. Always so much fun lingering here.
Gud day!

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Ah I want those pair! xx

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Steffys Pros and Cons said...

all the boots you designed are absolutely amazing. i LOVE the jetts. you ladies are awesome <3

Xo,
steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Seeking Style said...

I'm pretty sure I need these boots. And the Jetts too!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Vanessa Adams said...

Those little booties are awesome! I loooove the color.

XoXo,
Vanessa

www.stylebeautysole-Vanessa.blogspot.com

Elise Gray said...

This outfit is AMAZING!

Come check us out at http://thriftedandmodern.com/blog for great posts & products!

losttinafairytale said...

I really really really LOVE your outfit, from your hat till your shoes.
You look so adorable!

xxx
http://losttinafairytale.blogspot.nl/

Justinne said...

My favorite pairing of the benni boots with an outfit I've seen! so adorable!

xoxo
J

rxxjustinne.blogspot.com