Thursday, November 15, 2012

Dream Big


Some late night words of wisdom on the above. Completely and utterly true. Sometimes I feel like a lot of us just don't dream big enough. We settle for something that feels comfortable and reassuring in the moment, and we are content with just that. I don't know why. Maybe it's fear of being let down. Or a fear of failing. Maybe its laziness. Maybe its hopelessness. I've always been one of those people that have hungered for more than what I already had. I always have to be creatively stimulated. I'm always thinking of new ways to see things or ways to make my present moment more inspiring and forward-going. Sometimes I get stuck in a rut with my job, doing the same thing over and over, but why just settle for that? I've never been one to want to get stuck doing one thing for the rest of my life. Why, that would be so boring. So monotonous. Why just live life during that 9-5? I have big dreams and I've never been afraid to reach them, even if I know it may take quite a number of steps to get to that point. But I've never let that discourage me. Be it photography, or picking up an instrument, or sitting down to write a spur-of-the-moment short story, taking the effort and time to fulfill your dreams, or even something as simple as an interest or curiosity, is worth every single struggle, hardship, and stress that is gained along the way. Without a little pain, there would be no love or passion, and these are the things that always have to ignite us. Every single day. Dream big. It's your dream, and it can be as outrageous as you want it to be. And size should never stop you from reaching.

xo

Picture from We Heart It

24 comments:

Ivanna said...

“Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the Romance of the unusual.” -Hemingway


I totally agree with you! x

-Ivanna
http://chapter89.blogspot.com/

Liz Lauren said...

I'm 21 and today I went to the Grove (a mall) and they had a Santa Clause so I decided to sit on his lap and tell him what I wanted. I didn't hold back and it felt really good to just say exactly what I really want outland. Sometimes you're afraid to tell people what you really want because they don't understand you and they might think it's impossible or too big. And so it makes you feel bad about wanting those things. But, it felt really good to just say it. And when you say it and own it, what other people say about it won't even matter. I mean, if you're gonna make a wish or dream...why should you limit yourself? The point of wishes is that they can be anything! So, wish for what you really want, and be so clear about it that you won't settle for less. You always have to have faith in some sort of magic.


http://lavieenliz.com

Haylie said...

Thanks so much! I needed this!
Not to get all personal on you, but I have been surrounded by extreme realists my whole life, so it's nice seeing some inspiration to dream. In fact, in january i'm moving to San Francisco to follow my dream of studying fashion design :)

-Haylie

Alexia Mickens said...

You stole this quote right out of my mouth! Dream big folks + stay away from anyone who doesn't believe in you!!!!

xx, alexia > In the Meantime

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

you are so damn inspirational girl. i love how HUGE this photo is and everything you say is truth! being lazy IS comfortable but in the end it doesn't make us happy. you inspire me to work even harder at everything i want

pandaphilia fashion

Oh, play it louder!! said...

Thank you for this post. It's so true & I really understand what you mean. It's the same for me.

See you :)

http://ohplayitlouder.blogspot.fr

Sharmili said...

love this little inspo post :)
xx mili

callmemaeby.blogspot.com/

V. Mirasol de 'SERENDIPITY' said...

Beautiful words..

xoxo

V. Mirasol de 'SERENDIPITY'

Somebody said...

Love this quote!

http://somebodyfromsomewhere.blogspot.com/

songbird said...

i found this quote a few months back and how i loved it..it is true you know too many are afraid to dream big because then there is a fear to loose more..but what is life if you didn't dare to live it.dreams are what keep me going.

Laura said...

So agree!

XX
http://lauralexo.blogspot.com

Stolen from Grandma said...

you have no idea how happy i am reading this :) I feel the exact same, if you can dream it, you can do it <3 Part of the reason i got dream tattooed on my wrist was so i have that constant reminder to never give up <3 xxx

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Amazing post! Thank you for sharing xx

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

amalie said...

oh i love this quote. x

Seeking Style said...

Amazing words to wake up to!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Natalie Suarez said...

I LOVE YOU DY DY SO MUCH!

xx

natalie

MintJulep said...

Some people are just made like that, and their dreams are just small dreams, and that's what they really want from life, and that's what makes them happy. My dream may seem like a small minded, backwards dream to most, a very small dream to plenty, but when I thinka about it I see how big it really is, and how difficult to achieve it is...
http://fashionfauxpas-mintjulep.blogspot.com

irene wibowo said...

i like thi post.. That's true... Dream big. Don't be scare. That's why we have a life. :)

Irene Wibowo

Melai said...

This is really inspiring! :) Thanks! I'm sure a lot of people needed it the most!

hearts,
Melai of Style and Soul

Constance said...

So true.... It makes me feel better..

Klaudia Drgas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Klaudia Drgas said...

beautiful words,you're inspiring me with your thoughts :)

Lizzie said...

Great words lady!! <3

xo
Lizzie

placeclevertitlehere.blogspot.com

Weini Tandiyanti said...

What a great post! Thank you so much! :)