Friday, January 11, 2013

If I Had A Boat

My friend Melissa introduced me to this amazing singer/songwriter James Vincent McMorrow. His song If I Had a Boat has been stuck in my head for the past two days. I think this is going to be my lullaby for quite a while. His voice is pure husky sweetness. McMorrow, you give me hope for the day that one fine man that will take his boat and sail to me. 

burn slow, burning up the back wall
long roads, where the city meets the sky
most days, most days stay the sole same
please stay, for this fear it will not die

if i had a boat, i would sail to you
hold u in my arms, ask you to be true
once i had a dream, it died long before
now i’m pointed north, hoping for the shore

down low, down amongst the thorn rows
weeds grow, through the lillies and the vine
birds play, try to find their own way
soft clay, on your feet and under mine

spinning at the seams
heaving at the brace
sheets all billowing
breaking of the day
sea is not my friend
and everyone conspires
still i choose to swim
slip beneath the tide

once i had a dream
once i had a hope
that was yesterday
not so long ago
this is not the end
this is just the world
such a foolish thing
such an honest girl


I am wearing a tunic by Gypsy Junkies here. Old pictures re-edited with new inspiration.


lavelle said...

I love these collages you're making at the moment! Have a look at my latest post - I've shared some photographs by a photographer I think that you will love:

Emma xx

Opposite lipstick said...


Seeking Style said...

I love all this new editing to photos lately... super cool effect!

xo Jennifer

Pardon My Fashion said...

Great photographs, chica. Keep up the inspiring work you're killiiiiiiiin' it.

xoxo Britt

Kalina said...

stunning photos, you look great!

DISOWNED said...

Love these color effects!
Beautiful photos <3

Randi Killian said...

LOVE these photos! The effects are so awesome!

Brooklyn Grace said...

Great effects very nice post!

monkeyshines ♥ said...

great photos!


Natalie Suarez said...

too beautiful! i love u! x

Lucia Flores said...

So beautiful, these words are so inspirational. how you editted those old pics, pretty!!

XOXO from the Netherlands,

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

Laura Miehle said...

Omg, those pictures are sooo beautiful! Wonderful edit, I looooove it ♥

Emilie said...

I love that song, discovered it thanks to you dear!

Michelle said...

I'm loving all these images of you.
Very neat editing of the pics and you look so lovely always! :-)

Scatter Girl said...

Love the editing you did! you look stunning! xx

Mariana Glez said...

Hermosa, me encanta la nueva edición de las fotografías.
Un beso.

chachamisu said...

your photos and style are very inspiring. i tried to do that but mine didn't turn out good like yours:-) Nice lyric also,never heard so thanks for writing about!

chachamisu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Last Girl In Town said...

Those photos are gorgeous... love the editing.

sheylac said...

Love the photo editing. It's very trippy.Keep up the good work.

Take care.

Lauren said...

Hi Darlin!

I am feeling so inspired and happy after seeing this whimsical display of stunning fashion!!
-Lauren at adorn la femme

Aspen Blain said...

The editing in these photos is very interesting. However, it's almost a little distracting. I think I love it.

XOXO, Aspen

Sasha said...

Those pictures are to die for. I love that effect it really suits your blogs atetics

amalie said...

such pretty photos xx

bijata said...

Ooooh I love that song! <3 <3 my friend recommended McMorrows album a few years ago and since then I haven't been able to stop loving 'if I had a boat'. It's amazing! <3

yonosoyunaitgirl said...

Nice pics and wonderful top! XX

Joana Caldeira said...

Oh wow! Those pictures are amazing, love the colors!
Hope you find your fine man ;)

el_martina said...


Pili's style said...

these pictures are epic!

Natalie Hagen said...

Oh my goodness I love him! And that song is one of my favorites! Enjoy :)

Remy Ramirez said...

WOW. I am totally blow away by how beautiful these photos are. And the bag y'all came up with is the shit. Nice work, mama!! (Mcmorrow coos in the background...)


Vasilieva said...

stunning shots

Andrea said...

the photos are so great!

dolceedamara said...

Loving the pics!

Alexa said...

So free and boho. Makes me want summer. now.


Stolen from Grandma said...

beautiful gurlll ! And thank you for the music tip, listening to his dreamy voice right now! xxx

Janice Thi Tran said...

You are so talented! Love your outfit, and what a pretty blog. Love this! Sending love from New York City, hope you are well. Please follow me! & like me on Facebook! If you have bloglovin, we should follow each other!

Saeed Zia said...

Latest Hot Entertainment News, Latest updata about Bollywood, hollywood, pakistani Girls

jalyssau3671 said...

you are just gorgeous