Monday, January 21, 2013

What Weekends Are For, Duh





It's funny. Sometimes I get the feeling that when readers come to my blog, they can easily mistake me as a NYC blogger, for I do happen to do the majority of my outfit pictures there. But that is partly do to my having my NYC-based sister as a photographer, and I take the majority of her outfits pictures. But also, I just have no time to take any pictures during of my life in Philly as often as I'd like. And it is especially hard to do so during the weekdays because I am so, so, so busy with work. And the last thing I want to do after a long day in the office is snap pictures of myself all dolled up in something cute I happened to wear that day (that is what Instagram is for. haha. JK). Sometimes you just want to, HAVE TO, live life without a camera around to document every single thing. And I'm sorry, but really who cares about what I am wearing every single day. I think three outfits posts a week is nearly pushing it. For me at least. There is way more to me than just my outfits. And there is way too much more life for me to be living. And most of the time, what I wear really has nothing to do with it.

But at the same time, photography is something I am very passionate about. And so is life in general. And blending the two together just makes me very, very happy. Nostalgia is in my blood, and taking pictures and reliving special moments is very dear to my heart. So I decided to bust out my camera one super slow and easy Sunday in Philly with my friends. Brunching it up. Chilling in the park. After a long week, and when I'm not in NYC for work or to visit my sister and friends who live there, kicking back in Philly is what I'd like to define as the true meaning of really KICKING IT BACK. I don't really care about what I wear. I stay out late and sleep in even later. I go to the gym and get sweaty and don't really care. I try to read a book. I go to the supermarket. I watch a movie on Netflix. I download new songs to jam to during the week. Nothing super special. But this is exactly why it is special. There is always a lot of laughing and smiling during our most lazy days in Philly. We try not to talk about work too much, but most of the time we usually do. And usually it's very hilarious business. But let's not talk about that right now. But yeah, I just wanted to give you a peek at my lovely Philly girls Kristina and Brigette and how we brunch it up Northern Liberties style. My girls have good hair and an even better appetite. This is how we do it.

Oh, and in case you wanted to know what I am wearing:  Yesstyle sweater, Banana Republic coat, BDG jeans, Natalie + Dylana Suarez x Modern Vice Benni boots in cheetah, H&M scarf

38 comments:

Sarah Harradine said...

This.. THIS little bit of writing sums up what I love about your blog, and actually what I love about all the other blogs I love. A lotta love there.

You are one cool dude.
X

Fashiable said...

Amazing diary post. Love your photography!

Lady Vintage said...

Fun,Food that all we need ok let's go for Love too! I can feel the good moment you were lived Have a look on our vintage mood xoxo

Scatter Girl said...

Stunning shots! I love your leopard shoes. xx

http://scattergirll.blogspot.com

Sabrina T. said...

AWESOME pics:)

Patchwork à Porter

Pili's style said...

I love looking at the world through your camera!
http://pilisstyle.blogspot.com/

lifeisamaze said...

Looks like a perfect week-end ! Lovely photos !

Diane said...

looks like a lovely weekend! and all the food photos are making me hungry...

Jacqueline davis moranti said...

Your photos are amazing, you inspire me to be a better phototgrapher for the sake of my blog. I love NoLibs!

Burgundywhispers.com

Valeria said...

Just went through your blog and jezuz~ you take great photos! like previously mentioned, its very interesting to see the world through your camera :}

and about what you posted, I agree with the idea of it being difficult to document every single aspect of your life.. I also love looking through my old photos but when I'm somewhere new I feel like it does take away from the moment. You know what I mean? E.g. when one's on vacation.. one suddenly becomes an observer and tries to really capture a moment instead of simply enjoying (at least that's how I feel when in the situation).



BUTTTT like I said, awesome photos, awesome blog!
Inspiring ~

h² fashion said...

Great photos and that food looks amazinggg!

http://www.hsquaredfashion.com/

restartfashion said...

I always feel attracted to your blog because it's so carefree, so natural and organic. It's just what you love and you share it with us. We are very lucky! Thank you for all the posts, some made me laugh, others made me smile and all have inspired me in some way or another. Thank you so much! :)

monkeyshines ♥ said...

adorable captures!

Bises,
monkeyshines
http://monkeyshines-monkeyshines.blogspot.com/

Natalie Suarez said...

OMG looks way too yum yumz!! XX

Nat

Liz Lauren said...

that bagel!!!


http://lavieenliz.com

amalie said...

such great pictures! i love the red hair xx

odysseyhome.com said...

Looks like fun.
Red lips, so pretty.
The food pics are making me hungry now.. ;)

Otro blog fashion said...

Great pics!

http://otroblogfashion.blogspot.com/

Sharmili said...

pretty photos! love the winter accessories :)

Mili from call me, Maeby

Sharmili said...

& totally agree, gotta give props to people who manage to post outfits 7 days a week!

Mili from call me, Maeby

Regina said...

Great photos! Love your cozy winter looks

http://fashionyard.blogspot.com

Closet Fashionista said...

I love your outfit, perfect for this chilly weather, ha ha. :) These photos are so fun too, I love the vintage quality of them.
i agree, sometimes it's nice to not worry about taking photos and just enjoy life as it comes. I do love having photos to remember a lot of things in life though.
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Domonique Wilson said...

You always have the nicest little things to say to accompany your posts. Also even though you don't get to shoot alot in Philly, the times you do sure make me wanna visit!

p.s also you guys are too cute with matching lip colour :)

http://lilylovelock.blogspot.co.uk/

x

thingstoholdandstir said...

You are killing it with these photos and the chunky knits on top.

X
amanda
http://thingstoholdandstir.blogspot.com/
check us out? follow us back?

and so it goes.... said...

Love these photos! And everyone looks really great!

XO

Hanna & Christel said...

great pics!

<3

ps. we are now giving away a $80 Msdressy giftcard!

Chelsea Lane said...

love this little write-up! these photos are perf.

Oroma Roxella Rukevwe said...

Such a chill post
Love it x

A Blog by Oroma Roxella Rukevwe

Descontraidas said...

Wonderful pictures !!
xoxo

www.descontraidas.com

g.ta said...

such a fun weekend!! =`)

xoxo,
teru2xbozu.blogspot.com

Haylie said...

I love all of your outfits, so perfect! And I totally agree with what you're talking about, after a long day, outfit photos just don't sound fun. :)

-Haylie

Kacie Cone said...

You all look like your having so much fun in these pictures!

Michelle Lee said...

love the warm photos and your writing all the time :)

www.pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

Seeking Style said...

You're making me hungry :p

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Camille said...

super refreshing. you put things into perspective and kinda elevated your blog in one fell swoop! thanks for sharing your thoughts in this manner. stands out from the other blogs...

ann kim said...

Lovely photos Dylana! <3

Claudia G. said...

Loove your blog! :)

xx

-- I want to live in L. A --

petit chignon said...

lovely!

http://petit-chignon.blogspot.ro
http://facebook.com/petitchignon