Thursday, February 28, 2013

My Love It Keeps Me Warm


C&C California velvet mini dress, Jarlo cape jacket, Free People beanie, Natalie & Dylana Suarez x Modern Vice snakeskin leather Gillie boots and Jett messenger bag, Vanessa Mooney boot strap, Free People beanie

As the days creep closer and closer to spring, my heart just lights up so bright. The memories from last spring and summer rush back into my head. My white beach cruiser can bust out again! A tan may finally grace my legs. I can read a book OUTSIDE for once! Endorphins be flowing. Every single day I think of these little things that make me happy and content and forward-feeling. Even when I am at work on my computer and feeling completely stuck in a rut, I'll just look at the sky light above my desk and think, man it looks freaking beautiful outside, even though really it's cold as heck. And that is reason enough to lighten up a bit. Or I'll put on my favorite tune and play it on repeat and not give a damn if anyone else can hear it blasting from my headphones. Whatever you can do each day to lift your spirits and feel revved up, just do it. There is no point kicking yourself in the butt or being bored or feeling unmotivated. Eat a piece of chocolate. Get up and take a stroll outside. Go learn how to play that instrument you've been dying to learn how to play for so long but never found the time to. FIND THE TIME! Push away those feelings that make you feel strapped down. Just smile maybe. There is so much sweetness in each of these little things. And so much more height we can add to our days. A height that can be as tall as this NYC rooftop. You may not literally be on top of the world, but you sure as heck can feel like it.

Velvety layers and this reliable coat will save me from the cold right now. Summer will just be the backdrop of my dreams while I sleep for the time being. And check out the latest update to our Modern Vice Jett boot . . . The Ghillie boot! This pair is a snakeskin embossed leather lace-up with a removable kilty. Kilty or no kilty? It's up to you! We really are having so much fun with our Modern Vice collaboration!! What do you think of the Gillie boot?

Okay, this is all I have for you right now. Keep cool babes and see ya'll tomorrow. Thank goodness it's almost Friday! xo

33 comments:

Natali said...

Fabulous boots and beanie!!

http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

Valeria said...

Thanks for the inspirational words, brightened my day and brought a smile to mah face n_n

Also, love the cape!

aslightdisconformity said...

What a cool cape and lovely boots!

Poisson D'Avril said...

Great, great Look! <3

Amy N. said...

Love this outfit! I love the beanie and shoes!

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Loving the shoes and beanie! xx

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Fransiska said...

Dy Dy you look pretty! love the jacket and the colorful beanie. Those boots look amazing too xx

EmerJa said...

Love the coat and the bag. And girls, you're amazing designers, love all your boots:)


www.emerjadesign.com

Rachel, Cold Knees said...

love all the pops of colour here!x

Laura said...

Amaaazing girl

XX
http://LAuralexo.blogspot.com

monkeyshines ♥ said...

adorable beanie!

monkeyshines
http://monkeyshines-monkeyshines.blogspot.com/

The Fancy Teacup said...

Loving the vibrant color!

www.TheFancyTeacup.com

yonosoyunaitgirl said...

Nice colors! XX

Jeans Please! said...

perfect outfit!

Xenia said...

Amazing boots!!!

Xenia
xox

xensimagination.blogspot.co.uk

wanderings of a little soul said...

i love everything about your outfit and your inspiring words that i can feel that i am on top of the world. so true!


wanderingsofalittlesoul.blogspot.de

Seeking Style said...

You look amazing!
I love the edge of your boots!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Lizette Rosser said...

Love your coat so much! <3
beautiful pictures

www.thebluecurtain.blogspot.com

Jane said...

You look fab <3 Great pictures!

Paris said...

I am beyond ready for spring, too! It was nice to catch
some rays in Laguna. We are turning the corner, not long until we can experience music festivals, blue skies and singing birds all day. <3

You look so darling in the beanie.

Love, PARIS

Moira Parton said...

It's amazing how you add colour and life to every single outfit, and your layering skills will forever be beyond me! Thanks for writing such nice words. They're really inspiring and has now made me look forward to more sun and strive to be much happier. x

http://moiraparton.blogspot.co.uk/

Oroma Roxella Rukevwe said...

Oh, those boots <3


Personal Style Blog By ORR

salut sophie. said...

Who knew I desperately needed a pair of neon yellow snakeskin boots in my life!

aiken said...

in love with your cape jacket and also your snakeskin ankle boots!!
xx
www.shaveilachic.blogspot.com

Callia Armelle said...

Love that outfit Dylana, the mint beanie works so well with the cape jacket. PS love the new Ghillie boots!

x

the-nativenewyorker.com

My Gaby said...

So beautiful! love the coat!

http://yourdulde.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

Oh those boots! Pls be mine. :-)

Mili said...

just love the cape over the dress, so cozy yet girly!

Mili from call me, Maeby

g.ta said...

stunning boots!! =`)

xoxo,
teru2xbozu.blogspot.com

Kacie Cone said...

Wow love that beanie, it's such a great color! I love how you always look so free in your photos!

wllwproject said...

You looked very cosy and that pop of colour on your feet is awesome :)

Fashiable said...

Ahhw the boots (and the beanie!) are awesome! Happy weekend :)

www.fashiable.nl

lace label said...

LOVE the shoes and the hat!! It gives the outfit a pop of color!!

lacelabel@blogspot.com