Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Trina Turk Fall '13 Presentation


On Sunday I went to the Trina Turk Fall 2013 presentation at Lincoln Center and it was deliciously beautiful. Turk's inspiration behind this tone and texture rich collection was a California cool meets modern day luxury. I couldn't help but drop my jaw at the stunning jewel-tone colors of the heavy and sumptuous fabrics that were wool, silk and curly fur. And those hats! Those hats! Can I have them all please?? I definitely felt an east coast energy running through the entire collection still, with the menswear-style coats and strong shapes. A nod to Old Hollywood actress Marlene Dietrich who is an inspiration of my own. Each and every look made a statement and each called out to me. I wanted a little bit of everything.

**Pictures by me

19 comments:

monkeyshines ♥ said...

fantastic pattern mix!


monkeyshines
http://monkeyshines-monkeyshines.blogspot.com/

Domonique Wilson said...

I love that even your pictures have a vintage vibe to them. The entire colour palette is just divine, what a collection!

x

Jeans Please! said...

Omg I just love these fabrics! Can Image when I touch one of them.... <3

Seeking Style said...

Ahh all the hats! Love them!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Fashiable said...

Need all those hats in my life!!

www.fashiable.nl

le style child said...

SO wish i went gahhhh. lovely coverage x

bon. said...

coolest hats ever. the collection is beautiful but damn those hats are awesome!

www.bowiebowie.com

Bad Joan said...

Gorgeous! Love the yellow pants in the first shot!

GTBB,
Bad Joan
http://badjoan.blogspot.com

Julie D. said...

So many gorgeous colors, patterns, textures. I love it!

Hudson East
HudsonEast.blogspot.com

Oroma Roxella Rukevwe said...

Great collection

A Blog by Oroma Roxella Rukevwe

Norbyah said...

i love reading about the adventures you're having with your sister this week (and always, actually). it makes me miss my sisters....and that city.

love your dress from the previous post. finding it sounds like one of those perfect moments....as if the dress were just waiting for you to come along and love it.

xo
n

Alexia Mickens said...

I couldn't agree more about the rich tones and textures!
Alexia of Sweet Bird +
vintage shop, Beautiful Savage

Ashleigh said...

Love the collection, especially the vibrant colors paired with that black fur jacket!

-Ashleigh
http://www.LovecraftandLace.blogspot.com

Jeanine Brito said...

I love these photos! They look like they were taken with a film camera. If they weren't, how did you get them to look like this? Would love to know!

J

jeaninebrito.com

Joan said...

great post dear.
i love your blog.

xoxo from Dubai,
www.streetblush.com

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Looks like an amazing collection! xx

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

ivoryolsen241 said...

I'd say the clothes match well with their hats. Could have used some back to back world champs hat though.

Kacie Cone said...

Beautiful pictures, looks like the 60s are making a comeback!

barefootandvintage said...

this collection is to die for. it's not shown here, but my favorite look is all black, deep v, sheer, animal print sleeves...amazing.