Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Life Goes On


I was too tired to put together another outfit post for you guys last night, and decided to share a little prettiness and words of encouragement instead. I've realized that I have been a whole lot of tired lately. It might be because my mind is always restless, always thinking and dreaming. Twirling and swirling thoughts are dancing in my head is an endless occurrence. Sometimes I have to tell it over and over again to stop because I can easily loose track of what is real now. Work. Always striving to make people happy and proud. Trying to look good (when working in fashion, this is just part of the job). Traveling constantly between two cities (Philly and NYC). Juggling gym time, casual leisure time, blog time and social/party/don't give a shit time. Doing all this without a car and relying on rides and/or the horrific Philly public transportation system is hard and sometimes frustrating. Figuring out and stressing out over what to text that boy because I'm not that interested, I'm too interested or I really don't know and maybe I really don't care. Who knows?? At the end of most days, I just want to collapse in the warmth of my pillows in the hopes that I will have no reason in the morning to leave my bed. Or all I want to do is stay in my bedroom all day and watch reruns of my favorite TV shows online and drink coffee underneath the covers. All day long. Blog? What blog? The dishes need to be cleaned? Um forget about it Charlie.

I've always been one known to juggle too many things. Want to do too many things. Want to see too many places. Life is too short. You only live once. Blah blah blah. You know that feeling of wanting more and never stopping? That's me. Only the one's who know me best understand this part of me that always feels fleeting and unsettled and adventure seeking. I live in the present but I always dream in the future and find comfort in the past. Every day is a continuation of the prior day's thoughts of unraveling the process of mixing all of the present, past and future together to create a perfect feeling of nowness. And to be honest, I don't think I ever will come to a conclusion on how to have it all. But I sure can try my best. Even if it means looking at pretty things and finding solace in all that is visually warm, stimulating and colorful. Even if it means taking the time to read a quote or even just a word to kick start my day on a positive note and to spread a smile further and further across my face. Yes life is crazy. Yup, it's totally full of uncertainty and the feeling of being pulled in way too many directions. You may not be able to point yourself and shoot in every way all at once, but at some point you'll head in that direction you've always dreamed about. It might be a different time or a different place than what you initially imagined, but that's okay. Nothing is ever meant to be perfect. If we set ourselves up to see life in this way, maybe we won't always feel so tired or so easily defeated. I'm learning this each and every single day. And you know what, it's okay to be tired. Just don't beat yourself up over it the following day. Use your tiredness to reexamine where it stems from. Where adjustments can be made. What is it in your life that doesn't make you tired at all? How can you add more of that to your life?

Dream it.
Wish it. 
Do it. 

Don't give yourself a time limit. Don't give yourself too much of a thought out plan. Sometimes things just need to fall into place naturally. Sometimes it's better to be surprised. What do you have to lose? Over thinking things too much makes us tired. Sometimes we just have to let go and do it all as it comes. Our body and brains will thank us in the end.

*The double exposed floral paintings are done by Pakalya Biehn. The quotes have all been found on tumblr.

22 comments:

Laura said...

Nice post

Xx
Www.Lauralexo.com

Natali said...

Amazing words!! You got me so inspired right now with your way of thinking. I'm exactly like you and those words are a great reminder to myself since I've been quite tired lately too, but I don't know how to get some rest and get back on track of my regular daydreaming and waiting for the next adventure.

http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

Ruth Fee said...

wow this is simply amazing! i've been reading your blog for a few months now and you really are such a huge inspiration to me and i think to many others as well, your way of living your life seems so perfect (even though nothing ever is perfect, what i mean is close to that) and so fitting to you and you seem to be such a nice person to hang out with.. and i hope you won't find this awkward or something but i felt like telling you this because reading your blog and especially posts like these always make me feel more positive and ok with how life is so i thought maybe YOU might also need some encouraging words sometimes. big hugs from austria !! xx

monkeyshines ♥ said...

beautiful and inspiring!

monkeyshines
http://monkeyshines-monkeyshines.blogspot.com/

Paris said...

Ah Dylana, I think we are so on the same page. Loved this post. Also, just watched the Free People vid. You are darling! It is fun to watch you move.

Seeking Style said...

Love the inspiration!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Kacie Cone said...

Beautiful inspiration :)

My Gaby said...

BEAUTIFUL! FLOWERS!

http://yourdulde.blogspot.com/

Sue said...

Beautiful pics and post

GIAA said...

wonderful

http://giaa-fashion.blogspot.com/

Idalyze Nasiha Rose said...

I really appreciate your raw candor. It's great to see the personality behind a blog. Continue to inspire and be inspired

http://www.TheLuxeLifeSociety.com

Alicia.K said...

loved this post, i have been off blogger for awhile and it is posts like this that inspire me to write :)

Lady Vintage said...

Such inspiring photographs!

Am2Pm Chic said...

Lovely post with amazing words.
xoxo
Christy

http://www.am2pmchic.com/

YOUTHDOINTHANGS said...

Beautiful, beautiful post. xo

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Great words! :) xx

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Lois said...

Thanks for this. I totally relate! It's like you're writing my thoughts. Pretty quotes and pictures too - always a pleasure.

wanderings of a little soul said...

ugh!
i know the feeling!
always wanting more.
and i always get so confused and sometimes i even freak out because i want so much and i have so many ideas!

wanderingsofalittlesoul.blogspot.de

Oroma Roxella Rukevwe said...

Thanks for the motivating photos <3


Personal Style Blog By ORR

Katie Simeon said...

I've started following your blog more than 6 months ago and I've really enjoyed it.
After reading this post I feel as though I know you better and I just wanted to say thank you. =]

pawan kumar said...


Holiday in india- Are you looking for

holiday in India? Go Holiday India best offers holidays to India, India holidays,india

Tour Packages and famous Tour and Travel Delhi, Agra, Jaipur,Rajasthan.

Color Holidays said...

Thanks for sharing this information. You are sharing a very beautiful information about India.
Nainital Tour Package