Friday, April 19, 2013

Coachella with Free People // Day 2




Day 2 of Coachella  with Free People was yet another energetic whirlwind of good music, cute boys and chill vibes. We said hello to our friends at Threadsence who were all hanging at their campsite curing hangovers with more beer. Classic. Love those guys! Saturday was yet again full of sunlight and dry heat. How Indio should be. We ended up stopping by Caf√© Tacvba, an alternative rock band from Mexico. They were an upbeat party of dance jams and raging vocals. All in Spanish, of course. Then we gravitated towards the Gobi stage because I heard Rihanna's Stay playing and I legit thought she was guest performing. So we and a whole flock of people headed that way, only to find ourselves in the middle of the rave-like audience for Major Laser. They were crazy fun, of course. Diplo can do no wrong when it comes to throwing a party. After that we chilled out to some indie rock with Portugal. The Man, who like Local Natives the day before, captured my heart entirely. I found myself with my eyes closed dancing with my hands above my head. Good times man. This was when the sun was setting, and everything around us just seemed warmer and prettier. And not to mention, the audience was extremely good looking. Good photo opportunities always happen during sundown at Coachella. Then off to Hot Chip we went for some classic electronic dance music. Of course we spotted Vanessa Hudgens and her cute as pie boyfriend, aka Sebastian from The Carrie Diaries. We tried hard not to stare but failed. Oh well. That girl is tinyyyyyy. But I appreciate her taste in music. Then finallyyyy, who we have been waiting for all evening . . . The xx at the Coachella Stage at 10:10 PM. My mind was blown. By far one of my favorite performances of the weekend. The intrigue and sexiness of their beats was even more deep and bass-heavy live than when you just listen to them on your iPod. Their music literally runs through your body and you feel every single note. And the interaction between Romy and Oliver was even more amazing. I felt like the two were deeply in love and I was freaking out it was so awesome. I love The xx. I love them! I basically engraved the way Oliver plays his bass in my mind because it is the hottest thing on earth and I want to marry him. Sad that we missed Franz Ferdinand, who were playing at the exact time as The xx. Oh well. There may be a next time. And we danced to a little bit of Janelle Monae before heading out for the festival to attempt to make it into the infamous Neon Carnival, which actually ended up being quite the shit show of a scene so we left. Hollywood crowds. Blaaaahhhh. Over it. I slept well that night with the Intro song by The xx on repeat as my lullaby. So that is basically Saturday wrapped up in a nutshell. Still so sad that I am back to work in Philly and Natalie extended her Cali trip to visit family at home for another two weeks! Lucky giiiiirl!

25 comments:

lifeisamaze said...

Beautiful photos !

Cassie said...

gahhhh i love all your outfits, i'm going to two festivals in england this year and if weather permits i'm definitely going to take inspiration from your outfit espescially the skirt! xx

Jeans Please! said...

U look beautiful here :)

Random.Mess said...

it looks like you're having a great time! love the flower headband! enjoy!

http://lerandommess.blogspot.co.uk

Jane said...

I'm so jealous of you guys, Coachella must be so so cool!!

Fashiable said...

Again an awesome Coachella post! Really want to be there one day!

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Looks like so much fun! xx

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

monkeyshines ♥ said...

fabulous capture!

monkeyshines
http://monkeyshines-monkeyshines.blogspot.com/

Juliette Laura said...

Oh my god! This seems like an AMAZING time. So jealous! Your writing is amazing. The style in these photos is so fun and the photos are so perfect! Having a stressful week especially a scary day(I'm a college student in Boston!), and your post is such a great get away and destresser. Thank you!
xoxo
Juliette Laura
juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Kacie Cone said...

Wow that looks amazing! SO jealous right now!

Adora Mehitabel said...

Looks amazing! Dreaming of going. I am thinking I will plan for next year :) www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk

mirjam schuurkamp said...

jaleous!
socool!

New outfit post ; Spring look
www.mirfashion.blogspot.com

Amalie said...

Beautiful pictures! I'd love to go to this festival some time if I could afford it. Btw I always enjoy reading and looking at your blog! :)
http://amelia-xoxo.blogspot.dk/

Seeking Style said...

Could not love your Coachella style and posts more!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Lindsey said...

So jealous! Wish I could be there! But loving the outfits so much!!!

http://the-fashion-barbie.blogspot.com/

canvasofculture said...

love your patterned black skirt against the white top! gorgeous photos, looks like an absolute blast:)

xx

StilettosAndDiaperBags said...

Looks like an amazing time! Perfect outfit! xo
www.stilettosanddiaperbags.com

Sian Deciantis said...

I'm so jealous you got to see the xx I have been trying to see them for two years but due to unforeseen circumstances keep missing them. They are heading lining at glasto this year and I have my ticket so they are number one on my list because both their albums are incredible.

Style With Friends

g.ta said...

so much fun!! I wish I was there!! =`)

xoxo,
teru2xbozu.blogspot.com

Paint Me Blooming said...

It really looks like loads and loads of fun!
Hope you enjoy it fully darling!

xx

Christina Marie said...

You're outfit is perfect! Coachella sounds amazing!

xx
www.naturally-christina.blogspot.com

Louise Lawrence said...

Can't believe you saw The XX live, so jealous D: They're amazing. Love all your photos and all your outfits were amazing!
xoxo

http://ribbitsaidthefrogcalledtoad.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

wonderful photos dear <3

Heidi said...

I'd love to experience Coachella one day! :) xx


Check out my latest article!

Maria Dehtiaruk said...

Hi! Great blog!
Do you want mutual following?
If you interested, please contact me.
http://walls-cant-stop-you.blogspot.com/