Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Follow The Palm Trees // Coachella Day 3

My final Coachella post coming 'atcha! Getting all nostalgic looking at these pictures, which were taken literally 5 minutes in front of the Palm Springs Free People house before driving off to Indio with the rest of the girls. I showed a lot of leg my first two days of Coachella, so I felt it was time to go the maxi route for Day 3. And thank goodness I did, because Indio was a far cray from the perfect sunny weather the first two days. 

It was extremely windy and sand was blowing everywhere that it literally covered the sun. We thought it was so strange walking through Coachella that day, because it sort of seemed like the end of the world or some sort of apocalyptic/zombie war zone. But really it was just a bunch of tired and buzzed hippies just walking a little slower and with their heads down so as not to get sand in their eyes to their next show. It was a crazy scene. But despite the weather and the dirt flying in my face and hair, it was an awesome day. 

We got to Coachella a bit later this day, since we hit up two parties earlier, which were definitely worth it, but we still got to see a good chunk of bad-ass bands. Tame Impala was the first band we saw and I've been waiting to see them live for the longest time. I kept hearing what a psychedelic party they are, and they definitely lived up to everything I've heard about them. Not to mention, they are probably the hottest band ever. We rushed over to Vampire Weekend as soon as Tame Impala was over, which ended up being the biggest dance party I have ever been to. I have always been a huge Vampire Weekend fan, but I haven't listened to them in quite awhile, and I was delighted to be reminded of all jams that I used to chill to on my drive home from work everyday back in Cali. So many hands in the air at that show. Then we stopped by Pretty Lights for a little while. Never heard of them before, but definitely listening to them now. And like their name, the light show was freaking pretty. Wu-Tang Clan allowed us to get down and dirty to some old school hip hop. Like this was legit gangsta stuff and the crowd was digging it hardcore. So much fun. 

And FINALLY, the moment we've all been waiting for. The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Anthony Kiedis was one of my first rock star crushes and the reason why I love long-haired boys today. I felt like so many people I knew didn't really care about see RHCP, or who weren't really big fans, and I was quite shocked. I grew up with these dudes, I know basically every song from beginning to end, every beat, every music video. They have made such an impression on me growing up as a kid in the California burbs. Without the Red Hot Chili Peppers and their oh so cool Cali vibes, where the heck would I be now? Please tell me! They did, I have to be honest, get off at with rough start. I think the wind was messing up the sound and everything sounded a little muffled and off, but they finally got their act together and blew us all away with every song I know and love. So many memories rushing back. And Anthony Kiedis is just as beautiful as he was back in the day. And yes, he did finally take his shirt off, though for only one song I believe. That's the Anthony I know. 

A beautiful ending to Coachella 2013. I'm looking forward to coming back next year. And the year after that. And after that. Thanks so much to Free People for bringing me along for the ride this year!!!


Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Love your outfit so much! The skirt is fab! xx


Natali said...

Amazing skirt and scarf!


monkeyshines ♥ said...

lovely capture!


Domonique Wilson said...

That's crazy! I would have been all over that RHCP show! Glad you never missed them though, also that lip colour is divine on you- love a good dark berry shade.


Katya Yantarnaya said...

Great look!

Seeking Style said...

I'm so jealous you go to see RHCP!

xo Jennifer


Fragile Bird said...

You look amazing! So Jealous about cochella

Please come and check out my latest post if you have a few minutes spare :)




Jeans Please! said...

wooow so beautiful pics!

anurbanexplorer said...

Love the outfit! Coachella is definitely on my go-to list.


Claudia G. said...

Loooooovely post!


-- I want to live in L. A --

sweet harvest moon said...

I saw the RHCP at Rock Werchter festival last year and they were amazing!

fran said...

I love you're style baby!


Tabet said...

Hey Dylana,
great outfit and beautiful pictures.
The hippy-style ist awesome and suits you very great!


Juliette Laura said...

So happy your posted this! It literally sounds amazing. Like perfection. I love love your outfit!

Juliette Laura

g.ta said...

cool outfit!! =`)


Alexia Mickens said...

Looks like you had fun! Love the crochet top!

In the Mean
In the Mean

Sian Bowen said...

Seen RHCP 3 times at Festivals in the UK, would LOVE to have seen them in Coachella!! You are living my actual dream!!



Insomnia said...

I hope I can be part of it one day.
You look so happy and free. Just delightful.


VANESSA said...

what a gypsy!!!