Thursday, May 9, 2013

Aloha


Stylestalker jacket and dress (worn as top), Free People shorts, Stela 9 bag, Natalie & Dylana Suarez x Modern Vice summer Jett shoes, Vanessa Mooney necklace and bracelet

I've been creeping into summer mode slowly but surely. This weekend is looking likes its going to be in the 70s. Sweet mama. It's time for a celebratory dance! Heading to NYC this weekend for our Modern Vice event at the Wink Soho store. Then I think a little Brooklyn exploring is on the mandatory to-do list. Gah. Can't wait! I've been super into lots of color, and this bag from Stela 9 adds enough of it for just about 10 people. But I'll take it all and wear it on my shoulder like it's nothing. Was trying to find a way to make a sort of two-piece suit look with my denim shorts and new jacket from Stylestalker, but it turned out to be more of laidback, surfer girl look with the messily tucked dress worn at a tunic length. And the fraying of my shorts helped more with bringing this blazer back down to earth. This Stylestalker piece is from their latest collection and it's so unique. I'm wearing it just as much as my good old vintage cargo jacket. I love how a repeating floral print can keep a classic shape looking and feeling fresh. Good vibes. Good vibes all around.

And eeeeeps! I'm bringing more sunshine into my life with my yellow Natalie & Dylana Suarez x Modern Vice summer Jetts. Now my celebratory summer dance is complete with these on my feet. Things just keep getting better and better.

P.S. Today marks my second year of living in Philadelphia and working for Free People at the home office! Crazy how time flies and how much has changed in my life since I first moved here from California. Experiencing my early twenties in this city has been a fine time!

Pictures by Chesley

26 comments:

fran said...

baby you're geat

visit my last post, special

NEW POST: PARTY IN THE HOTEL!
http://www.showroomdegarde.blogspot.com.es/2013/05/party-in-hotel.html

Ancia said...

Great pattern mix!

EmerJa said...

Love the shoes:)


www.emerjadesign.com

Luba Dimitrova said...

Love the pop of yellow on your feet !


XX Luba

Look “working” con accesorios extravagantes en mi post hoy
http://www.well-living-blog.com

aiken said...

definitely love the look! <3
xx
aiken

www.shaveilachic.blogspot.com

Kacie Cone said...

Such a cute look! Dying for your shoes!

Elisabet said...

Lovely look, you know how to put clothes that apparently don't go together and make them look nice and cool.

Natali said...

Great backpack and jacket!

http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

Fashiable | Nanne said...

Great outfit and have fun in New York! X

monkeyshines ♥ said...

lovely!

monkeyshines
http://monkeyshines-monkeyshines.blogspot.com/

Jeans Please! said...

lovely shoes!

Seeking Style said...

Happy 2 year Free People and Philly anniversary!

I die everytime I see those yellow Jetts!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Juliette Laura said...

I've never seen anyone pull off a Hawaiian shirt as well as you. Love this look! Have fun in NYC!

xoxo
Juliette Laura
juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Lady Vintage said...

You are a beautiful bag! nice pics!

Domonique Wilson said...

Can't believe it's been two years, I remember when you were announcing on the blog about your move :)

p.s I'm still not brave enough to lose the tights either!

Lucia Flores said...

Congrats! You are totally living a dream. I wish I could work with Free People.. hopefully.. one day!

XOXO from the Netherlands,
Lucia

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

http://luciafloresdesigndiary.blogspot.com

Kim-Tram Phan said...

love your playful style!

kim-tram.tumblr.com

Claudia G. said...

:o awesome look!

xx

iwanttoliveinla.blogspot.com

Paint Me Blooming said...

Oh darling, what a cool island prints you've got there! I love these flowers, and I like your hair this long, I like when you cut it but now it's back to this lengh, I enjoy even more your outfits with it!

xx

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Love the look so much! Great shirt x

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Lydia Bishop said...

Cute shoes girl! x

herlux fashion blog
bloglovin

wllwproject said...

Absolutely adore the mix of prints and colours ;)

Michelle Lee said...

love these photos

www.pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

Alexa said...

Such sick shoes! What a cool/interesting color!

www.alifeinthefashionlane.com

xo

g.ta said...

love your jacket..=`)

xoxo,
teru2xbozu.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

nice nice nice !