Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!


 Today marks a day that is very special. Mother's Day! In my life, every single day acts as a sort of Mother's Day. Not a day go by that I am not in contact with my wonderful, beautiful, smart and absolutely loving mother. Whether it's via a text message, a phone call, a late night Skype chat and a Google chat during my break at work, there is always something that I've got to tell my mom to get her opinion on or just to tell her because there is no one else I would rather tell. There is no one else in the world who cares or loves her family more than my mom. The best caretaker from day one, she has always been the shoulder for me to lean on. She never let me take any crap from anyone. Always pushed me to stand up for myself. To do the biggest things I could do. To never stop dreaming. To never stop working towards more. She would never settle for less. So many memories stick out in my mind from when I was a kid and my mom was there to play with me, to laugh with me, to help me with my school project, prep for the school talent show, to trim my hair, to read to me, to dance with me, to do everything with me. Mom, thank you SO MUCH for being there for me, for holding me, letting me know that was I strong enough and good enough to make all of my dreams come true. Even today, you are my number one support and motivation. I still have the most standout memory clear in my head. I don't remember how old I was, maybe around 7 or 8. But I was in my room one evening, getting ready for bed. And I just got this strange feeling that I would soon be 9, then 10, then 11, and I no longer would be a kid anymore. Growing up scared me. But what scared me he most was that I would no longer be my mom's baby anymore. That she wouldn't love me anymore like she did when I was younger. It scared me so much. And before I knew it, the tears streamed down my face and I roamed over to my mother in her room and stopped by the doorway. She saw me and wondered what was wrong, and I just told her with tears still freshly running down my face. I don't remember exactly how the feeling of being scared felt at that moment for me, but I remember how much it hurt and how real it felt. So she came over and hugged me so hard and kissed my face and made me feel warm, safe, and nurtured again. And she reminded me that I would always, always, always be her little girl. No matter whether I was 1, or 10, or 24, or 48. I could always rely on her to be the mom I've always needed and wanted. Thank you mom for making me feel special in that moment and every single moment after. Even during my most lowest points and days when I felt like I couldn't be myself or get to where I wanted, I had you to bring me back on track. And I will always appreciate you for that so much. 

I LOVE YOU MOM. I miss you. And I can't wait to see you again! Happy Mother's Day!

19 comments:

Elena Vasilieva said...

incredible photos. i'm mesmerised by your mom

http://www.vasilievablog.com

Juliette Laura said...

Thia ia a beautiful post, your mother is a true beauty it seems not only out but inside. Love these photos. Happy mothers day!

xoxo
Juliette Laura
http://juliettelaura.blogspot.com

marija said...

Very cute photos, the text almost made me tear up :)

aiken said...

you really look like your mom!! <3 happy mother's day to her!
xx
aiken

www.shaveilachic.blogspot.com

EmerJa said...

Beautiful post. She must be proud of you :)

www.emerjadesign.com

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

This is such a great post. xx

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Jane said...

SO cute pics <3 Pretty mom, pretty daughters !

Jeans Please! said...

so lovely post!

Francesca Rose said...

this is so sweet and your mum seems beautiful both on the inside and the outside

Francesca xo
www.yummylikecake.blogspot.co.uk

Michelle Lee said...

beautiful

www.pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

Nathalie said...

aaah LOVE these pictures!

xxx
Nathalie
www.styllist.blogspot.com

Paint Me Blooming said...

Waou, you are so cute! And your mom is truly a beauty as well, you and your sister are lucky :)

kisses

Domonique Wilson said...

This was slightly tear inducing :) What a lovely way to describe the love between a mother and a child. Also cutest snap shots ever!

x

canvasofculture said...

this is so beautiful! I see so much of her in you two:)

xx

Seeking Style said...

You look so much lke you mother - two beauties!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

wllwproject said...

Very sweet of you :)

M.from barefootcloud said...

I am in tears right now..full project tears running and cant see the screen..This is one truly beautiful post..one that makes all this blog world worthy..
Such an elegant soul..your mum..
One can see her beauty in many levels radiating through both of her daughters..
Be blessed..
Marita

Suresh A said...

property

i will visit blog again

Afifah Cahya M said...

im ur fans from indonesia :)

dresswallhomey.blogspot.com