Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Weekend Snapshots


Some snapshots from last weekend in NYC. A weekend completely relaxing and full. Little moments that stood out to me enough that I thought it worthy being captured in time. It's crazy how much a picture can stir so much emotion up in me. I find myself becoming very attached to certain moments. Reliving them over and over again in my head. Like the very first time I came to NYC and felt overwhelmingly very much a part of something thriving and engine-like. Or the very first day I spent in Philadelphia. A day spent all by myself lost at every corner, yet I still felt completely at ease with myself and the alien place I happened to find myself in. Or that time my family and I got stuck in a tropical rainstorm in Penang, Malaysia, but felt no need to go back inside for shelter. Instead we let the rain come down on us and felt every drop because we knew we may never have another chance like this to be this close to nature. When I feel a little stir inside of me and I want to remember it, I'll take a picture. A visual complement to a memory of a feeling that is worth every single second it took to get the lighting just right.

21 comments:

aiken said...

i really love your photographs! <3
xx
aiken

www.shaveilachic.blogspot.com

Becky Temple said...

amazing photos! x

http://lifeinlipstick.blogspot.co.uk/

Kacie Cone said...

I love that second to last picture with the dogs, what a great moment to capture! It reminds me of the way my dog stands when another dog is trying to smell her! All these pictures make me long to be in NYC!

Seeking Style said...

Great snap shots!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Juliette Laura said...

Pictures are like that for me, too. Stiring up so much emotion and memories flood back. These photos are beautiful. Seems like a lovely weekend.

xoxo
Juliette Laura
juliettelaura.blogspot.com

monkeyshines ♥ said...

lovely capture!

monkeyshines
http://monkeyshines-monkeyshines.blogspot.com/

Gabriella BriceƱo said...

Love when you share with us your point of view on something, this time on the city. Lovely snaps, Dy.


Gaby,


www.saythefword.com

Jeans Please! said...

amazing pics as always!

Somebody said...

Wonderful photography!

http://somebodyfromsomewhere.blogspot.com/

Michelle Lee said...

amazing photos

www.pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

Rhiannon Lorenzo said...

great photos!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

Emily Jenny C said...

Love this photo diary! Wish I was in NY.

xo
Emily Jenny
Stiletto Beats

lifeisamaze said...

Beautiful photos !

Domonique Wilson said...

I guess you've just described me, it's strange but I've never really thought of myself being like this but I totally hold on to memories like this and can even go right back to how I felt at that moment :)

x

Jeannette said...

Really nice Pics!!!
http://rimanerenellamemoria.blogspot.de

Norah said...

Just discovered your blog..love it! x

Tanya said...

Lovely photographs!

Little Black Russian

x

Logan Payne said...

I love your description of how photos can remind you of a memory. Girl, I love the way you think.

http://ohwonderful.com

Idalyze Nasiha Rose said...

I thoroughly enjoy pictorials like this. Gives you a glimpse into someone's life.

www.theluxelifesociety.com

Rehan Ahmed said...

Looking for Best and Trusted PTC Site..?
Here is a Best and Trusted PTC Site where you can earn money online without any invesment, earn with Just Clicking and Earn upto Daily 10$, Earn More with Referrals, Paid to Click System, Best upgrade plans and Best Advertising Plans. Legitimate Earning Website for ever you want
HotProClicks.com

Rehan Ahmed said...

Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited. Visit the Best Lol Network Ever, where you can every thing is lol and Funny, Troll Images, Funny Vidoes, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, Awkward Text, Prank Text, funny comics, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Epic Videos, Prank Videos, Fail Videos and Much More Fun and Entertainment
lolsgag.com