Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Jungle Child


Vintage dress, Karen London necklace, Vanessa Mooney choker and cuff, Natalie & Dylana Suarez x Modern Vice Officer Boots and Jett Messenger Bag

I've been wearing more vintage than anything else lately. I can't help but give in to my soft spot for second-hand and earthy, bohemian prints from decades past. Interesting colors and touches of embroidery get me, too. Why pull out the cash for retro knock-offs at Barneys when you can get the real thing for just a few bucks? And I enjoy the act of digging deep and getting my hands dirty. And that feeling of accomplished luck when you come across a piece that is totally unexpected but screams out your name as if it was waiting just for you to come pull it out from a dusty corner. Now that's all worth it. My vintage collection are made up of pieces that I will never let go of, no matter how thread barren they eventually become. It's like adding to a story and waiting for the right moment to pass it on for a continuation. Pulled this mini out of a box labeled "90's Grunge" at the local vintage warehouse (that I sadly haven't visited in weeks). It stuck out from the plethora of overdone Courtney Love florals and Cher-approved plaid dresses. I actually think this dress is so much more Dy from Clueless! First thing that came into my head . . . African safari (which I still have got to do someday). But back to the dress. It's the perfect, no frills summer shape. And you can lose count when it comes to the amount of different patterns on this wild child of a mini. Bringing a little big of jungle to the city is always the way that I seem to swing  nowadays, so let's just keep it at that.

24 comments:

fashion-meets-art said...

gorgeous! i love your look. so artistical! fantastic.
lovely greets
maren anita


Giveaway Week on my blog:
FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

Moira Parton said...

Love vintage items! Thrifting is so much fun especially when you find gems you can't find elsewhere and you know you're going get loads of wear out of! x

http://moiraparton.blogspot.co.uk/

lifeisamaze said...

I love your outfit !

Seeking Style said...

Gorgeous Dy!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Jeans Please! said...

love ur bag!

monkeyshines ♥ said...

wonderful styling!


monkeyshines
http://monkeyshines-monkeyshines.blogspot.com/

Juliette Laura said...

These photos are incredible! I am the same way, I will never understand buying vintage style things when you can easily get real vintage!

xoxo
Juliette Laura
http://juliettelaura.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/InfiniteStyleShop

Zsa Zsa Zsú said...

Un look muy original con un toque étnico fantástico!!!

www.zsazsazsu.es

Kim-Tram Phan said...

my favorite outfit of yours yet! the vintage dress is too fun and adorable~! :D


kim-tram.tumblr.com

Mutsy's Pocket said...

The dress the bag ahh - Love love love it all!!! You're style is perfect :D x
Mutsyspocketfulofstyle.blogspot.com

Kacie Cone said...

Gorgeous, I love that dress on you! All the jewelry is so cute too!

Rebecca said...

Dear Nana, i love your perspectives on arts. It's very intuitive and bold. I am a vintage enthusiast myself! Look forward to more of your articles on this. -becky :x

GretchTM said...

Great look!

Linda Pili said...

that bag is something

http://pilisstyle.blogspot.com/

wllwproject said...

Most people would prolly avoid clothes in these shades to avoid looking washed out but you rocked it girl!

Dila Yazid said...

I share the same sentiment as you too towards second-hand boho clothes! Love the dress though. :)

XX Dila

www.dilayazid.blogspot.com

Tabet said...

Hey,
great outfit and sweet pictures. :)
Kisses
Tabea

http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

Photography Weer. said...

love

walking dot photography said...

It looks wonderfully light and comfortable, too! It's getting hot over here in Chicago and I suddenly realized I need some lighter options for my first summer in such a sizzling city. :)
xox
giedre
www.walkingdotphotography.com

Apneet Kaur said...

adore this outfit

Mimosa and Style said...

Love love love this look! Cute dress. :)

xxo,
Angela
Mimosa and Style 

Oroma Roxella Rukevwe said...

Love the dress. Amazing vintage find x

ORR's BLOG

Erika C. said...

WOW !!! <3

natkiryk said...

Love your thoughts on this one and especially the getting your hands dirty while digging deep ~ The rummage to find items is half the fun, the other half is rockin' it like no one else, cause its vintage baby! Thought i would jus say hi as I follow you on instagram and love your style and posts and just stumbled across your blog now. Looking forward to checking more out!

Nat from

Second Loves