Friday, June 28, 2013

With A Little Help From My Friends


I feel like I haven't posted in forever. And it's probably because life has been more than the normal sort of hectic it usually is. Big changes are on the way and everything is happening so quickly! In two weeks I will be officially moving to New York City for a brand new job. Leaving Philadelphia after growing to love this city for all its grit and charm for the past 2 and something years is going to be extremely bittersweet. I have fallen in love with Philly during my time here, and most of this love is because of the wonderful people I have made a part of my life. So many shared sets of laughs, explorations around the brownstone lined streets that never seemed to end, the best brunches I have ever, the cutest dogs that will ever get to know, and the strongest feeling of community that I have ever felt in a while. Coming from California, where everything is so spread out and scattered, moving to Philadelphia and being able to walk nearly anywhere and everywhere if I wanted to was super refreshing. And working for Free People has definitely given me an eye opening experience into the fashion world and my place in it. I know I won't ever find a working environment like the Free People home office ever again, but sometimes change is good. With this move to NYC I see fresh possibilities, grand adventures and a whole new discovery of myself and my dreams. Since I was just 15, I've always wanted to move to this city based on what I read and seen in the movies. And now I finally am. My impression of the Big Apple since moving to the east coast never dwindled to anything less than the glow of the brightest star, and even though I've been back and forth so many times between Philly and NYC, I know I still have so much more to explore. It's funny how things work out. And always when you least expect them. I know that I am going to miss the best friends that I have made here in Philly oh so much. They make me laugh non stop and never fail to make me feel like my best self. Going to miss those chill Philly weekends with my favorite girls, but that doesn't mean they have to end. I know Philly visits will always be in store. And here are the pictures to let you know why. Taken by moi.

26 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Dylana congratulations!

I have loved seeing every moment of your adventures in Philly and can't wait for what lies ahead in News York.



Elizabeth said...

Perhaps New York was what I was attempting to write.

Best of luck!

Jana K. said...

awwww dyl i love these!!!! <3

Juliette Laura said...

Love these photos! From one great city onto the next. I am dreaming of working for free people when I am done college, because it does seem wonderful. Good luck with the next chapter of your life, I can't wait to see and read all about it!

xoxo
Juliette Laura
http://juliettelaura.blogspot.com
www.etsy.com/shop/InfiniteStyleShop

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations! I love these photos. So fresh and summery.

http://thebombshellblues.blogspot.ca/

Steffi Santa said...

Congratulations and good luck with the new job and the new city. New York is amazing <3 <3

reread said...

Awesome pics ... cute doggo!

fran said...

THIS IS VERY NICE!

NEW LOOK: LINEN
http://showroomdegarde.blogspot.com.es/2013/06/linen.html

Luba Dimitrova said...

Enhorabuena por tu nuevo trabajo !! Muy bonitas las fotos de este post !!

XX Luba

Únete a nuestro movimiento positivo y gana una camiseta de algodón orgánico de Etrala London

http://www.well-living-blog.com

Somebody said...

love your photography!

http://somebodyfromsomewhere.blogspot.com/

Sylvie said...

Perfect post! Love how you express your feelings.
And these are beautiful moments captured.

Claudia G. said...

Love the post! And luuuuuuuv ur blog :)

xx

-- I want to live in L. A --

dolceedamara said...

Great pics!
xoxo
dolceedamara.blogspot.com

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Nice photos! xx

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Random.Mess said...

LOEVELY PHOTOGRAPHS! GOOD LUCK IN NYC!! HOPE TO HEAR ABOUT ALL THE COOL ADVENTURES YOU WILL GET UP TO!!

http://lerandommess.blogspot.co.uk

wllwproject said...

Congrats and savour this opportunity! X

Numie Abbot said...

Love this post. Gonna miss you do much dy dy!

Seeking Style said...

What a beautiful group of friends!
What is your new job in NYC?

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Dulce said...

So happy for you girl, moving is always bittersweet, but at the same time exciting!

Michelle Lee said...

congrats Dylana!
wish you all the best :)


www.pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

Kirby Bee said...

Congratulations! New York, it's the city of dreams right, well mine anyway!

xx

Margarida Rodrigues said...

Aprecio muito o seu blog. Todos os dias tenho visitado o mesmo e delicio-me com os seus posts. Espero que continue com o bom trabalho.

Cumprimentos

Margarida Fonseca Dias

www.europeanemaildatabases.com

Inggih Laras Ati said...

I always see you and your friends in Instagram.. and I think, they are Roccckkkk!!! somuch fun in everywhere, I really want to join in that crazy time with them :D

Xoxo,Ila

alice san said...

congratulation and good luck with the new job at NYC babe!

Anastasia Reztsova said...

I love your pictures! Very great ;)
www.throughthesunshine.blogspot.com

saeed ahmed thanvi said...

Its Awkward to Say some one you are doing Lol.... Every thing you want in Lol and Troll, Now you Get all in one Network, LolsGag, Lol Pictures, Lol Videos, Lol Peoples, Funny Peoples, Troll Images, Awkwards Text, Funny Comics, Jokes, Funny Jokes, Funny Facts, Humour, Funny Planet, troll pictures, funny pictures, Facebook pictures, facebook funny pictures, facebook lol pictures, Funny videos and Much More only Laughing out of Laughing
lolsgag.com