Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summertime Baby

Even though it's been raining every single day, I still feel that sense of summertime freedom in the air. Hair down and messy. Skin glowing and dewy. Legs out and about. Faces round and smiling like sunflowers. And the fact that big changes are on the horizon makes things feel even more exciting and grand. My friend and I found the perfect place to live in Brooklyn and I'm stoked to make it feel like a real home. Summertime in the city 2013. Bring it on. And don't forget that the 4th of July is on Thursday! I plan on drinking some beers and tubing on a river with friends somewhere in Pennsylvania. Playing it up like a true American. Speaking of everything all American, I can't stop playing Lana Del Rey's American in my head. Her entire album has been blowing up my Spotify like crazy. 

Play house, put my favorite record on 
Get down, get your Crystal Method on 
You were like, tall, tan, drivin' around the city 
Flirtin' with the girls like, "You're so pretty." 
"Springsteen is the king, don't you think?" 
I was like, "Hell yeah, that guy can sing." 
Like ooh, ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh Ooh, ooh, ooh-ooh-oh 

You make me crazy, you make me wild 
 Just like a baby, spin me 'round like a child 
Your skin so gold and brown 
Be young, be dope, be proud 
Like an American 
Ooh-ooh ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh ooh ooh-ooh 
Like an American 
Ooh-ooh ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh ooh ooh-ooh 

**Pictures from Flower Child and Draw Your Swords


Marta said...

The pictures are incredible!


Michelle Lee said...

its raining season in Korea too :(
but love these photos!


Lady Vintage said...

Keep the good vibes on! Love your post xoxo from France M-C

Fashiable | Nanne said...

Luv all these photos! The pic with the sunflowers is so beautiful :) X

Kira said...

I love the vibe of these photos!
How I wish it was a warm and sunny season where I live..
xx, Kira

Olivilla said...

what pics!!!
so nice !
love them!

Kirby Bee said...

Lana Del Ray, Young & Beautiful, fave song right now. She rocks.


Chelsea Elizabeth said...

Beautiful pictures! So inspirational!

Jeans Please! said...

amazing inspirations

Juliette Laura said...

Love these photos, love that you quoted Lana Del Rey (which I did n my post that I typed up for tomorrow!).

Juliette Laura

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Love these inspirations x


Constance said...

love love love these inspirations!!

Michaela Petráčková said...

Amazing :-)

I love your blog, Would you like following each other by gmail?


Social Media said...

This post is really incredible, one of the most helpful I have ever read,indeed.Facebook Likes