Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Sundown in Williamsburg


I got to know my future home a little bit more last weekend, and let me tell you, this girl is digging those Brooklyn vibes. The flea markets, the little shops, the art galleries . . . OMG . . . so much good food to eat around every corner. And I can walk it all. Now I get why my Brooklyn friends never leave Brooklyn on the weekends. These are some pictures I snapped a few weeks ago on the streets surrounding Bedford Avenue just as the sun was setting. Bedford Avenue is the main street of Williamsburg, full of bars, restaurants, cool shops and bad ass music venues. Not to mention great for hipster watching. And it's just a few blocks from the East River. All of my jams in one place. And still super close to Manhattan. Just a quick subway ride away. 

The sky was superbly stunning this evening and I couldn't help but get it on camera. Like a back lit watercolor painting. And the air nice and warm, but not yet as sticky as it is now. Graffiti and poster ridden walls add to the young and rebellious nature of these Williamsburg streets. You sense creativity everywhere. But it's not just cool kids hanging around. There's families, tourists, older couples, people looking for a change of scenery and maybe a good beer down the street. I'm looking forward to immersing myself into a little part of what I've already gotten to know of Brooklyn and make it my own. Enjoy these snapshots. I hope they give you the same feeling that they give me. The feeling of reliving over and over again the perfect hot summer nights of our youth. 

**Pictures by me

30 comments:

reread said...

Love them ... the one with the street lamp is my fave :)

Luba Dimitrova said...

Wonderful pictures !

XX Luba

Pairing peplum top with lace shorts and chic accessories in my look today

http://www.well-living-blog.com

Chelsea Elizabeth said...

These shots are incredible! Im so excited for you

Becky May said...

Beautiful pictures! Good luck with your move. I'm sure you'll have a blast :)

Becky May x
theflowergirlblog.com

Maria Aleman said...

Love your pics. I can feel the atmosphere :)

I'm in love with a little shop that you have in Brooklyn. It's a shop-gallery called The Cotton Candy Machine. I only know about it thanks for the pictures his owners post on the Internet because I live in Spain.
But I'm sure that the day I cross the ocean I have to go there.
Maybe you can go :)

fran said...

amazing city baby!

NEW OUTFIT IN THE BLOG! SPORTLY OR CASUAL?

http://showroomdegarde.blogspot.com.es/2013/07/sportly-or-casual.html

Michelle Lee said...

love these!

www.pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

DISOWNED said...

Great pics... welcome to Brooklyn :)

<3 dani
www.shopdisowned.com
http://blog.shopdisowned.com

Jeans Please! said...

1st pic - that guy! :D

monkeyshines ♥ said...

gorgeous capture!

monkeyshines
http://monkeyshines-monkeyshines.blogspot.com/

Juliette Laura said...

Ah perfect photos! You have clearly picked a pretty rad place to live! Love it!

xoxo
Juliette Laura
http://juliettelaura.blogspot.com
www.etsy.com/shop/InfiniteStyleShop

Nadush said...

Your photos is fantastic !
http://thecolorfulthoughts.blogspot.sk/

Shabrina Hazimi said...

Dy Dy! Loving all your pictures, your the Goddess behind and in front of the gear <3 wishing my photography ability can be as enchanting as yours !

xoxo from Japan,

www.shabrinahazimi.blogspot.com

Katrina Sophia said...

Those are so beautiful shots you took, may I ask- are you a photographer?

You captured Brooklyn so well, the colour and atmosphere are calming and at its top quality. And you are lucky that you are going to live there! I've never visited America but when I have money to be able to afford, I am visiting right on!

Katrina Sophia from The Young Bridget Jones

Kiara Schwartz said...

So excited for you! Cool pics babe!

Tobruckave Blog

xo
Kiara

Alexia Mickens said...

Your photography is amazing! Have you ever considered doing it professionally? xx

In the Mean
In the Mean

Oroma Roxella Rukevwe said...

Amazing photos <3

O.R.R's BLOG

g.ta said...

awesome place!! =`)

xoxo,
teru2xbozu.blogspot.com

Seeking Style said...

Beautiful photos. I loved this area when I visited last year!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Liezel Esquire (FASHIOLIEZTA) said...

Love the pictures!

Emilie said...

It looks super cool and I love your pictures! Definitely the place I would love to live in if I move to NYC ;)

Krissy ~ said...

Beautiful photographs!
It has such a mysterious but peaceful still vibe to it! Love it!

lifeisamaze said...

Amazing pictures !

Alexa said...

How have I STILL not been to Brooklyn!? Every time you post on it everything gets better and better than Manhattan...I need to make a trip out there ASAP.

ENTER MY NEW GIVEAWAY!

www.alifeinthefashionlane.com

xo

Zoƫ said...

Now I'm sure that I have to visit NYC again! Lovely pictures!

Hanna Lee said...

Love the rustic & calm feel of Brooklyn! And good food around every corner is always a must ;)
www.speakstyleandrock.com

Mariana said...

Great photos!

Brittney said...

The lighting was perfect for your photo subjects. Somehow, the murky, wet light (the only way I can describe it!) gives the graffiti and street signs more depth. I'm glad you're enjoying the neighborhood.

Brittney

anotherbeautifulthing.blogspot.com

Norah said...

Gorgeous pictures..I love that part of the evening when it starts to hit sunset x

Anna said...

Your photography is stunning! I am working on a photography assessment and this post was just the inspiration i needed. The way you capture light is really really beautiful!

Anna xx

http://annahigginsdesigns.blogspot.co.nz/