Friday, August 9, 2013

Hola


Vintage dress, Vanessa Mooney necklace, Free People sunglasses, Urban Outfitters sandals

One of my very last shoots taken in Philadelphia, and one of the best weekends ever catching up with friends I haven't seen in a while and doing a little Fishtown exploring. I think this was the weekend I was waiting to hear back about whether or not I got the job I interviewed for in NYC, so I was a little on edge, but at the same time I wanted to completely enjoy myself no matter what the outcome was going to be. I always appreciated Philly for being being extremely chill and laidback. Always Philly willy nilly. Anyways, this dress is one of my favorite vintage finds. At $40, it was a little pricier than I normally pay for vintage (you're talking to the super duper bargain thrifter here), but it was well worth it. My friend who was with me at the vintage store this day told me that the dress made me look even taller and lankier, in a really good way, which was surprising since it kind of hung like some sort of mumu contraption on the hanger, all lonely in the corner. But I swooped that up and claimed it as mine, and life has been dandy ever since. Never before has a Mexican embroidered dress felt so connected to my soul as much as this one. It speaks loads to me. And makes me want to take a colorful trip to some of the most beautiful and luscious parts of Mexico. Gosh I miss traveling. Gotta get back into that soon.

37 comments:

Andrea Hinostroza said...

Amazing dress!!

http://bitacoradelua.blogspot.com/

DISOWNED said...

That dress is absolutely extraordinary.

<3 dani
http://blog.shopdisowned.com
www.shopdisowned.com

Natali said...

In love with your dress!!

http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

Nikki Williams said...

love this dress! suits you perfectly.

xxoo,
nikki

www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

Seeking Style said...

Oh my goodness you look gorgeous!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Zoë said...

Hola chica! You look really pretty. Beautiful dress!

Ana Iherina said...

I love that natural look! So pretty!

soliloquiaa.blogspot.com

Lady Vintage said...

Great dress! you're lovely

Juliette Laura said...

Oh goodness this dress DOES look wonderful on you, and it does make you look taller! You look so so beautiful, and I love your dress! And yes, I've gotta get back on that whole traveling thing as well!

xo, Juliette Laura
http://juliettelaura.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/InfiniteStyleShop

ivette said...

♥I've got a ton of mexican dresses like that.. they're awesome aren't they?...looking pretty cool! ..like we'd say in México, bonita!

Elizabeth said...

That dress is perfect for you! I love the detailing. So beautiful.

http://thebombshellblues.blogspot.ca/

Kacie Cone said...

Wow what an amazing vintage find, it looks amazing on you!

Rhiannon Lorenzo said...

that dress looks gorgeous on you! what an amazing find!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

Beautiful look, I LOVE that dress!


xxx
StephC

Daria said...

beautiful dress!

Maricruz said...

Stunning dress I love everything about it! You look amazing xx

www.lam-style.blogspot.com

Rimma Rivera said...

Very Extravagant!

Come back to my blog:
Always Fashion Girl

canvasofculture said...

stunning dress! and you found the perfect backdrop to match;) can't wait to see where your nyc job takes you!

xx
canvasofculture.blogspot.com/

irene wibowo said...

lovely dress! so fantastic! :)
Irene Wibowo

Natalie Rose said...

Oh my goodness, too cute!!! I'm in love with that dress! A good vintage dress can do no wrong :) As always, loving the great outfit inspiration!!!
xoxo
Halfway to Harmony

Adele said...

your dress (and whole look) is so lovely and cool.


livelikeadreamer.blogspot.com
livelikeadreamer.blogspot.com

Liezel Esquire (FASHIOLIEZTA) said...

Love your dress!

Natasha Burton said...

That dress is absolutely amazing!

http://quirkyprettythingz.blogspot.co.uk/

Nina said...

Your sunnies are amazing! Very boho chic :)

sartorially challenged

Arushi Khosla said...

So much perfect.

Arushi // www.bohemianlikeyou.net

Stellar Inc. said...

This dress is beautiful. Very boho-chic!

Stellarinc.tumblr.com

Hannah Gottlieb-Graham said...

This dress is stunning! Love the embroidery and details!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Tyrene Hickman said...

SO in love with this dress and your style! I just bought my very first vintage maxi last night. :)

Am2Pm Chic said...

Lovely dress!!!
xoxo
Christy

http://www.am2pmchic.com/

minnja said...

wow, love it.
Such an amazing summer dress <3

Love
Minnja

Minnja Blog
Minnja Facebook

Marina said...

Like your dress! Grest look!

xx
Biskvittka.blogspot.com

Jeans Please! said...

love ur sandals :)

Michelle Lee said...

yes looks amazing on you!

www.pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

wllwproject said...

That print looks ridiculously good on you! x

REDvalentinas said...

Love the dress! amazing outfit
<3 hippie

Folk and Fables said...

I love that dress. I just discovered your blog and am smitten!

Folk & Fables

vanessa acosta said...

gah damn! this outfit is so cute!

xo
www.fromabolivian.com