Friday, October 4, 2013

In The Middle Of It All


Minkpink dress, Free People halter bra, Modern Vice Carly boots, Vintage Salvatore Ferragamo

I work not that many blocks away from tourist central craziness, otherwise known as good old Times Square. An overload of shopping and lights and funny people dressed up in costume. I've only been here twice in the last two months I've lived here. It's not my regular hangout, that's for sure, but I appreciate it for what it instills in the minds and hearts of those who are first captivated by this city from what they have seen in movies or read in book. The dreams and aspirations it puts into our heads. I remember the first time I came to NYC, I was blown away by Times Square. Even though the NYC I know today is a far cry from the world of Times Square, my memories of my first trip to NYC never leave my mind. I've grown so much during my few years living on the east coast, and parts of it has grown with me and so much newness has been discovered. But it's always good to know that Times Square, with all it's foot traffic and bright lights and intense traffic jams, will always be waiting for us for when we want to immerse into a culture shock of grandness that usually defines everything about NYC to this city's first timers. It's amazing what an impression it makes. And it will never be forgotten. And so I appreciate it, even if I'm just passing through for a mere 5 minutes. It feels good to be there.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

20 comments:

Paprika said...

I love your style, the boots and dress together is loovely! I've never been to Time Square but it does looks pretty impressive, I think I'm more of a backstreet person though, I love exploring new placesxx

Becky Temple said...

Lovely outfit x

http://lifeinlipstick.blogspot.co.uk

pulchritude said...

My first glance of NYC was coming out of the train station into Times Square. I was terrified and overwhelmed. I hated it so much I started crying. I'm really really glad that New York is more than Times Square. - Leah, wisestyle.wordpress.com

Juliette Laura said...

Such beautiful photos, it is great because it is clear this is where you belong, right in your city!

xo, Juliette Laura
http://juliettelaura.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/InfiniteStyleShop

Seeking Style said...

Super cute dress!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Kacie Cone said...

Love the layering of the dress and halter bra! Looks super cute!

Michelle Lee said...

happy weekend :)

pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

Mackenzie Mancuso said...

Such a cute outfit! I love your shoes.
I first went to Times Square when I was about six years old. Major culture shock, but I'd love to go back!

Maria said...

I never know what awes me more, your style or your writing.

Adele Dattola said...

You look so comfy! I like your outfit, kisses.

Adele

http://thearmageddonflame.blogspot.com

Liezel Esquire (FASHIOLIEZTA) said...

Love the dress!

Mary Gui said...

Cute dress!

http://layersofchic.blogspot.com

Elisabet said...

I love your dress and how the white fabric comes out of it. I think touristic spots loose charm because of the crowds. But in every city there are hidden places waiting to be explored...

petal and plume said...

what a gorgeous blog you have!
xx

irene said...

i love the dress/bra combo. definitely going to try that out asap! i'd love it if you checked out the personal style blog i just started.

http://irenesimone.wordpress.com

suzan said...

The second photo is Great.
such a perfect face !

samantha mariko said...

K your skin looks AMAZING in these photos. Tell me your secret.

helter skelter

Random Revelry said...

I love your style. Love the blog.

ModeAmen said...

This is truly a great post doll! I love what you said about times sqaure you couldn't be mroe accurate.

xx,
http://modeamen.blogspot.com/

Adi said...

agreed!
the first time i went to Times Square was just unbelievable. So many people so many things going on. too crazy, i love NYC though.