Friday, November 1, 2013

Don't Mess With Me With This Hat On


H&M leather jacket and fisherman's hat, Paige plaid shirt, Gypsy Warrior dress, Natalie & Dylana Suarez x Modern Vice Chloe boots

Missing those days dearly where I could bundle up on top, but keep things a bit more bare on the bottom. NYC is legit in winter mode right now, and I just realized that I no longer have black tights without holes and runs in them! Now, let's discuss hats. I've always stuck to the basic wide brimmed wool hat and the classic beanie in the winter, but I've always wanted to experiment with other styles. I saw the fisherman hat popping up a lot on the European blogs a few months ago, and I couldn't help but try it out for myself with this budget friendly one from H&M. I think the fisherman hat almost beats out the wide brimmed Zorro hat on the face flattering factor. It's unexpected for sure, and I definitely still get stares on the streets when I wear this one out, but I am delighted with it. It's a new staple in my wardrobe this season.

I'm back on a Lana Del Rey kick. And it might or might not be because of the fact that I spotted her shopping in Sephora this past weekend. I was like OMG it's Lana and I instantly started singing Young And Beautiful in my head all day afterwards. I am such a dork. Oh well. Gotta love me some Lana Del Rey every now and then. 

14 comments:

Michelle Lee said...

very edgy chic love this look on you!


www.pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

MacK @ SoulMakes Jewelry said...

The hat is amazing and you look gorgeous!
xx
MacK @ SoulMakes | Blog

Chelsea Elizabeth said...

That hat looks great on you! I've actually been considering getting one ever since I saw Taylor Swift wearing one on the cover of Glamour UK! They are adorable

Soha♥ said...

Pretty outfit! ♥ xx

www.sohamokdad.blogspot.com

Lady Vintage said...

Adore this look !

Robin Brook said...

So jealous you saw Lana Del Rey!!
http://bethebteam.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

Nikki Williams said...

love that jacket!

xxoo,
nikki

www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

rockwithfashion said...

So beatiful, the hat is perfecto for the outfit.

canvasofculture said...

beautiful outfit! love the layers, I definitely see the New York influence:)

canvasofculture.blogspot.com/

moustachic said...

perfect hat! x

moustachic ♡
www.moustachic.com
Facebook.com/moustachic
Twitter/Instagram: @moustachic

Moira Parton said...

Lovely! The hat and the boots look so good together. x

http://moiraparton.blogspot.co.uk/

Stephanie said...

Such a badass look! love it all!

X
StephC

http://sstephcc.blogspot.com/

Mackenzie Mancuso said...

Babe!

xoxo, Kenzie
easy-lucky-fr3e.blogspot.com

Jeans Please! said...

Good job Dylana!