Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Lucky Mag & Fossil // Lucky Peach



Autumn just doesn't feel right without a little grunge influence thrown in. It brings back that feeling of back-to-school camaraderie and distinguished teenage rebellion. And that's when the plaid magically appears around my waist. And every color imaginable in the form of ribbed beanies magically appear on my head. I wanted a way to toughen up these pretty and preppy Fossil accessories in a way that would have made Kurt Cobain proud and maybe dedicate a song to me. How sweet is the tone of this coral-peach messenger bag? A pretty springtime hue that works during all seasons as a little color palette refresher, especially against darker, grungier hues. 

As for the earrings, I really can't stop wearing them. To me, earrings are quite similar to lingerie. Not everyone can see them, since my hair is always down, but it's nice to know that they are there. These little Fossil floral studs are kind of like my little secret. Hush hush.

What this outfit really comes down to is color play, which is basically my favorite thing about getting dressed each day. If you really think about it, there's a lot of emotion that goes along with the colors you decide to put on each day. I'm drawn to all colors for so many different reasons. Memories. An emotional stir. Character role playing. Flashes of inspiration that has to do with a certain color flashing through my head is usually enough to make me where it in different ways for an entire week. I can be having the worst day ever, but throwing on this peach little satchel could be one thing that keeps me from going overboard at the end of the day. Every little details makes a difference.

Thank you to Lucky Magazine for having me a part of this Fossil collaboration :) 

24 comments:

walking dot photography said...

Bright pops of color in the fall make me uber happy. :)
xox
giedre

Unknown said...

LOVE the shoes!

Irene Buffa said...

Adorable!

www.OntoMyWardrobe.com

www.OntoMyWardrobe.com

momo said...

Beautiful! A very nice fall look, trendy! I love the yellow beanie particularly, it contrasts with your hair beautifully!
Check out my fashion blog over at thediaryofmomo.blogspot.com? Every visiter is a guest and it would be a honor!
Lovely post!
~momo

Andini Ria said...

Love this outfit so much, the beanie and shoes really take it to another level! <3

adventuresofananglophile.com

J and H from Beyond The Stoop said...

love the look! you pull off grunging up (down?) classy things in the best way :)

Jane said...

Such a cool set of pictures. You look amazing, bravo!!

rossana said...

you are so amazing and beautiful

EmerJa said...

Perfect Miista shoes!! :P Love this brand.



www.emerjadesign.com

Lindsey said...

I love the winter outfit with POPS! of color, but still bright autumnal colors. So stylish.

-Lindsey

madison said...

oh my god those shoes!! i need them. great look, lady!
xo,
maddie

http://feelingmagenta.blogspot.com/

Kacie Cone said...

I love the pops of color, your satchel, beanie, and shoes are awesome!

Leslie: DowntownHaute said...

Super cute!
<3

http://downtownhautefashion.blogspot.com

Rachelle (http://pinksole.com/) said...

Cute look love the jacket.


xo
http://pinksole.com

Seeking Style said...

I can't get the flannel off from around my waist these days either ;)

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Blaise said...

You beauty!! Love the shoes :)

http://blaiseruby.blogspot.com.au

@blaisedyer (twitter & insta)

x

Moira Parton said...

I always love everything you put together. And this is one of my favourites! I love love love the beanie, and those shoes, oh my goodness, they're amazing! Love! x

http://moiraparton.blogspot.co.uk/

Sabina said...

Congrats on the collab. Love the jacket and bag.

Jenn from Fashion and Fringe said...

Love everything about this look! Now where do I get that beanie!?

REDvalentinas said...

I'm in love with your shoes!!

http://www.redvalentinas.com

Jeans Please! said...

omg nice shoes!

Michelle Lee said...

always great photography! :)

pink.lemon.in.crystal

Nicollette Williams said...

those shoes are so great! and that bag is perfect. love the color!

xxoo,
nikki

www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

Estefania Laguna Etchemendi said...

I love your look,kisses.
www.fashionismylifeestefania.blogspot.com
FACEBOOK
BLOGOVIN