Thursday, November 14, 2013

That Chill 90s Vibe Yo


The 90s really was everything. The music spoke of youthful rebellion. Funny fitting jeans and embraced androgyny. Bare faces and alternative apparel. I remember when I was just a kid in the late 90s, looking up to my older peers and the teenagers of my local neighborhood in the suburban valley outside of Los Angeles. I learned so much from cable tv and the Internet, two defining factors of media during this decade. News spread faster and music became more visible. MTV. The Red Hot Chili Peppers. The first rock band that I really jammed to, even though I had on idea what they were really singing about. All I knew was that I liked that long haired, brown haired guy who didn't wear a shirt a lot and liked to jump around. Oh man, Saved By The Bell.  Oh Zack Morris how I loved you in those high-waisted mom-ish jeans :) WAYNE'S WORLD. I'm not worthy. Seriously. Really, if you know me, you know how much the 90s have rubbed off of me. I reference it at least 20 times a day. I love the 90s. 

**All images found off Pinterest

12 comments:

Lindsey said...

Love these images! I always think of the 90s as a kind of odd, strange time in terms of fashion with a lot of really whacky stuff, and sometimes I forget there was a really awesome and even beautiful side to the fashions.

Thanks for sharing these pics!

-Lindsey

Lady Vintage said...

Great retro pics!! Irie 90's

REDvalentinas said...

Love 90's!!! <3

http://www.redvalentinas.com

Liezel Esquire (FASHIOLIEZTA) said...

Great pics!

Yonosoyunaitgirl Sandra CuiƱa said...

Nice pics! XX

ivette said...

love love love!

Sincerely Darcy said...

true dat!

Michelle Lee said...

great images


http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.kr

Robin Brook said...

Love this post! I talk about the resurgence of 90s fashion like oversized denim and cut off tee shirts in my new Thelma and Louise inspired post! http://bethebteam.blogspot.co.uk xx

Nikki Williams said...

love how so many of the 90s trends are coming back around!!

xxoo,
nikki

www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

regina said...

those polaroids made me so emotional

suzan said...

Great !