Monday, December 2, 2013

Coyote Moon


Gypsy Junkies velvet top and asymmetrical skirt, Forever 21 floral jacket, Free People tank, Rebecca Minkoff purse, Worth & Worth hat, Natalie & Dylana Suarez x Modern Vice Studded Jett Boots, Coyote Negro necklace

Recently, I've been feeling a little off center when it comes to my bohemian ways of dressing. I always blame it on the fast-paced New York City life that embraces functionality much more so than . . . well, flowing-ness. Also known as the fact that maxi dresses just aren't that easy to manage up and down those subway steps or the foot traffic during rush hour. Not too mention things getting caught in those subway doors. Those sliding panels are like monsters ready to eat you up or spit you out. Seriously. But really, you just have to laugh at these things. Still, sometimes I stop and have one of those "Dude where's my car??" moments, but with my clothes instead and without the unsubtle presence of Ashton Kutcher. Have I lost my spirit in my move to NYC? Am I turning into, I hate to say it, one of those NYC girls in head-to-toe black and only shops (or gives off the allusion that she shops) at Alexander Wang or BLK only????? Noooooooooooo. Maybe it really is the fact that I'm working on getting used to the city and all the conveniences, and (ahem) inconveniences of it that just down right don't allow for one to wrap herself up in the comfort of an extra long maxi cardigan and a 5,000 ruffle layered skirt that resembles a wedding dress (ok I'm exaggerating a tad bit) on the daily even though deep down inside that is all she wants to do. And she wants to do it with a guitar on her back and a wide brimmed hat on her head damn it! Oh yeah, and with a feather stuck to the side of it. Duh. Sometimes things need to be sacrificed, but it doesn't mean conventionality has to come out as the winner in the end. Fashion is all about change and experimenting and molding to suit one's environment and state of mind. The balance of the city I live in and the spirit of what my heart and head say are two very different things a lot of the times, but even so they complement each other quite nicely. I wouldn't appreciate the other if it wasn't for, well, the other. And with that said, here's an outfit inspired by the moon and witches and other bewitching things that are an escape from the sometimes grueling day-to-day of my so-called NYC life. Enjoy. Gonna go back to listening to Radiohead's Amnesiac album. On repeat. 

21 comments:

Am2Pm Chic said...

Love love that skirt on you, and how you styled the look.
xoxo
Christy

http://www.am2pmchic.com/

madison said...

Radiohead is incredible! also, this look is stunning...i love the boho vibe.
xo,
maddie

http://feelingmagenta.blogspot.com/

Natali said...

Fabulous hat and booties!

http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

Liezel Esquire (FASHIOLIEZTA) said...

In love with this outfit! Gorgeous x

Andini Ria said...

Ahh you look so amazing as always! I especially love that skirt and your tights <3

www.adventuresofananglophile.com

Kristen Lam said...

You perfect human being, you.

kristenglam x lulu's giveaway

Kacie Cone said...

That hat is amazing, so cute!

Jeans Please! said...

wow ur hat!

Nikki Williams said...

that floral jacket is amazing!

xxoo,
nikki

www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

April Onebane said...

I love your bohemian style. I have noticed you're style has changed since being in NYC which is perfectly fine and you still inspire me everyday and your outfits still have that little flare that makes them "you". But I'm so glad you recognize that you have to stay true to what you love. You're super rad no matter what!

http://pieceology.com

Stephanie said...

I LOVE this dark boho look, black is the new black ;)

xx
StephC

http://sstephcc.blogspot.com/

stephc16.tumblr.com

madisynavenue said...

So pretty I could die! The writing is fab here. Peeing over the subway comment - so true. xxx

www.madisynavenue.blogspot.com

rossana said...

you are so magical, love you .

The French Spy said...

True ! Where I live there is snow and ice about 6months of the year, it's so difficult to dress nicely and stay warn and not fall and stay dry ! So I'm thinking about dressing with Inuit inspired things but haha, they don't really sell these here (the Sami people does sell stuff but it's bright blue and red, and their reindeer clothes are a tad too much)(got the seal fur shoes though!)
I was wondering : where are your tights from ? they are sublime !

Seeking Style said...

Everyone goes through a rut! You will always be the ultimate boho queen ;) You look fantastic!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Moira Parton said...

So gorgeous! x

http://moiraparton.blogspot.co.uk/

rossana said...

that's was so stunning !!

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Love this boho look! Everything looks perfect! xx

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

ytoc said...

loveee this look!!! I cant beleive I never read your blog before!! xo

fililĂ­ said...

you look lovely with that lapis lazuli necklace grom Coyote Negro that I design! I will love to sent you more!

fililĂ­ said...

you look lovely with that lapis lazuli necklace grom Coyote Negro that I design! I will love to sent you more!