Monday, December 23, 2013

Snow Monstress


Black Swan Clothing faux fur coat, Free People tunic, Siwy jeans from Crossroads, Free People scarf, Berry Brown leather satchel, SOREL boots, H&M beanie

Even though these past few days have been feeling a whole lot more like spring rather than the dead of winter, I still won't forget the snowfall a few weekends ago. A few friends and I took an adventure a little deeper into Bushwick during the snowstorm and I experienced my first legit experience attempting to dress and get around in this sort of weather. In Philly, it was easy because we all had cars we could hop in and out of, but NYC is a whole other story. Thank goodness I have my sweet furry coat to keep me from freezing my ass of.  But really, coming from California, where one does not see this sort of thing that often, streets covered in white really is a treat. I kept texting pictures to everyone I knew back home. "Look ma! It's snowing over huuuurrrrrrrr!!!" The thing that I love most about snowfall in NYC is that it doesn't stop anyone from going out and enjoying their day. Vintage shopping. Hot ciders and burgers at my favorite Bushwick bar Tutu's. Maybe taking the long way home. It really is fantastic. 

Oh yeah, and let's talk about my new favorite purse. Le chic, no? Berry Brown you are genius when it comes to the design of this satchel. Lightweight and the leather is so supple. So easy to carry everywhere, and so, so spacious. Everything I need fits plus there's room for more if I need it. This bag is saving my life right now.

19 comments:

Aline Aimée said...

Gorgeous!!!

Diane said...

love this coat!!!

Juliette Laura said...

Hey up in Maine it looks like this and then some, def not spring like here. LOVE the coat, seriously beyond.

xo, Juliette Laura
http://juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Kiwi Fashion Blog said...

Ohh these pictures are so romantic looking! You have got to be the cutest "yati" that's out there :) Happy holidays to you guys too!

Francesca Rose said...

This is amazing. I love the outfit/ photos

xo
www.yummylikecake.com

Natali said...

You look stunning! Oh that bag... It's everything!

http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

Jurgita K. said...

Amazing outfit :)
Muilo Burbulai

Stephanie said...

Beautiful pics, I kinda wish it was snowing out here too :)

x
StephC

http://sstephcc.blogspot.com/

stephc16.tumblr.com

Maricruz said...

Loving the four coat!

www.lam-style.blogspot.com

Natalie Suarez said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE x

natalieoffduty.com

Natalie Off Duty

Leslie: DowntownHaute said...

Your coat is so rad!
<3

http://downtownhautefashion.blogspot.com

Debby said...

That coat screams warmth and comfort. Love the look.
xoxo, Debby

www.debbyboo.blogspot.com

Kacie Cone said...

Ah so perfect, loving the coat!!

Bianca said...

Killer purse! xx

blancheneve.blogspot.com

Nikki Williams said...

i'm dying over that coat!! so beautiful!

xxoo,
nikki

www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

Seeking Style said...

So pretty Dy!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Loving the coat! You look great x

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Ria said...

Kinda making me miss the snow because these shots are so damn pretty.

xx

Lainey said...

You look like magic! Hope you had a very Merry Christmas! xo