Friday, January 24, 2014

A Stroll Around Gramercy


It's not too often that I find myself in this part of Manhattan. Usually it's when I have family in town and we have to make a touristy pit stop at Eataly, but sometimes it's nice to take some time out of your regular routine to get to know the parts of the city that are so "Manhattan" that you wouldn't normally think them worthy a second glance. The idea of Gramercy is just this, but boy is it beautiful, you can't help but meander it a little longer than normal. Ritzy as hell, but the architectural stimulation makes up for the upper class air of dapperness of it all, if you know what I mean. Or maybe it's the fact that I sort of feel like I've time-travelled to London every time I come here.  Gramercy feels very old New York City, and makes me want to dig up a history book on Victorian-era America, and drink a hot toddy to go along with it. Nothing wrong with that now is there?

8 comments:

Juliette Laura said...

Eeee, so wonderful. Would you believe I have never been to NYC? I want to so badly.

xo, Juliette Laura
juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

Beautiful pics, makes me miss NYC like crazy! Can't wait to go back soon <3


x
StephC

http://sstephcc.blogspot.com/


stephc16.tumblr.com

Kiwi Fashion Blog said...

Pretty scenary for a nice stroll indeed <3

Kacie Cone said...

Oh the city is just so beautiful!!

www.shygirlloudvoice.com

Bernadeth G. said...

i'm in love with this! great post x

Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.com)

Moira Parton said...

Lovely photos! I really would love to explore this city one day. =) x

http://moiraparton.blogspot.co.uk/

rossana said...

lovely pics

Margin and Column said...

I always love your NYC photo posts, what a beautiful city