Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I'm Howling For You


Vintage Nanette Lepore top, Hudson moto skinny jeans, vintage wool cardigan, vintage Brahmin bag, Alexandra Beth necklace, Natalie & Dylana Suarez x Modern Vice studded Jett boots, Dylana hat by Worth & Worth

So much catching up to do still with posts. Okay guys, time travel back to California with me ONCE AGAIN. I mean, not that this is a bad thing at all. Downtown Los Angeles. Summer in winter vibes. Can't deny that it's pretty spectacular. Right now, back in NYC, I've just been focusing on work and more work, and editing too many photos for you guys, prepping for NYFW and throwing myself into the madness leading up to it AND trying to find time to make it to the gym and do my laundry. Life is kind of insane right now, but I did manage to finish season 1 of Game of Thrones. And I'm all caught up with GIRLS. Wahoo! Making progress. haha.

Now let me tell you a little something about this blouse. It was originally a vintage Nanette Lepore babydoll dress that I hemmed up into a tunic-style blouse. Worthy of either Keith Richards or Jimi Hendrix, or both. It reminds me a pirate witch princess, and that means that it has Dylana written all over it. My friends know how much of a freak show I can be when it comes to my I make certain clothing choices. This is one is subtle. Easily one of my most beloved items in my closet right now. The ruffle trimmed neckline and sleeve hems are one-of-a-kind. I don't want to wear anything on top to cover all this detail up! You don't find masterpieces like this in your everyday shop anymore.

27 comments:

Sandra said...

u look super stylish as always!
XX

Moira Parton said...

I love this outfit, the addition of the hat and bag, with the cardigan makes it look all that much more interesting. Ohhh, and Game of Thones, ahhh, I can't wait for the new season to come out! x

http://moiraparton.blogspot.co.uk/

Juliette Laura said...

SO obsessed with your outfit. The cut of that top is perfection.

http://juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Stephanie C. said...

Love that ruffle detail and the boots are just so awesome!

baconsquared

Natali said...

This outfit is just perfect! Great blouse and boots!

http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

Londyn said...

Love that sweater :) Plus always gotta love a hat!!

Kiwi Fashion Blog said...

Such beautiful and romantic shots Nana! Love the wide brimmed hat on you! Hope you are enjoying your day. Is it freezing out there in NYC?

canvasofculture said...

your jetts <3 lovely outfit! I've finally caught up on girls too, and I know what you mean about life being crazy busy!

canvasofculture.blogspot.com/

Kacie Cone said...

That top is so perfect! I love it!

www.shygirlloudvoice.com

Maddie Toy said...

beautiful blouse! it looks amazing on you!
xo,
maddie

http://feelingmagenta.blogspot.com/

moustachic said...

flawless!

moustachic ♡
www.moustachic.com
Facebook.com/moustachic
Twitter/Instagram: @moustachic

Robin Brook said...

You are seriously the most effortlessly cool girl ever! http://bethebteam.blogspot.co.uk/ x

Bianca said...

Love your hat xx

blancheneve.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

Perfect look, you def made that top work!


x
StephC

http://sstephcc.blogspot.com/

stephc16.tumblr.com

Lyn said...

Nice jeans & booties !! xx
www.blondebutterflies.blogspot.com

Elizabeth Hisle said...

1. That top is too die for. Good for you on finding that gem.
2. OMG Game of Thrones. You just got cooler.

http://lamentinglizzie.blogspot.com

Seeking Style said...

This is super cute Dy!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Nikki Williams said...

i love the all black! those pants are so fun

xxoo,
nikki

www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

Liezel Esquire (FASHIOLIEZTA) said...

Love this look! x

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

This is so perfect. Love the cardigan and boots! xx

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Laia Varela said...

Love the look! You look really nice in black!
XXX

Tonya said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love the pop of color the hat brings to the look!
<3

Kaoutar Talibi said...

Your blog is cuuuute !!
Love it
www.lifebykaoutar.blogspot.com
xxx

Paige said...

so beautiful! And your cardigans so cute too! Also not just a pretty face! You have AMAZING taste in music! Im loving half moon run at the moment!

heldtogetherbypins.blogspot.com

Paige said...

so beautiful! And your cardigans so cute too! Also not just a pretty face! You have AMAZING taste in music! Im loving half moon run at the moment!

heldtogetherbypins.blogspot.com

Oroma Roxella Rukevwe said...

Your boots <3

O. R. R.

Brandi said...

Favorite outfit. It's perfection.