Saturday, March 1, 2014

Closet Tour // Forever 21



 I jumped for joy when Forever 21 asked me to do a tour of my closet, because that's something that I haven't actually done on my blog in all of the over 4 years of me updating this thing! So, here it is! A tour of my current closet, which I am endlessly adding more pattern to than ever in anticipation of the upcoming spring :) My room isn't the the hugest, but I've worked hard to utilize the space I've got. And yes, my entire room is basically my closet, but at least it's pretty to look at right? My built-in closet has basically been the living grounds of my winter coats and chunky knits since October. I converted my bookshelf into the place to store my denim and skirts, and now they are super easy for my to view and look through. It makes making the decision between blue and black denim much easier. I like having my clothes out on display like this. It's like showing off bits and pieces of my life in the form of my wardrobe.

As you can see, my closet is very, very colorful. Not many neutrals or basics going on here. But that's just me! Every morning I wake up to see my clothing rack filled with just about every print and hue imaginable. It's like a kaleidoscope of limitless options of outfit combinations. Not a bad way to get your imagination running each day. My most favorite prints happen to be the ones from all my old vintage hauls from LA and Philly, most of which are displayed on my clothing rack. I just don't ever see myself letting go of them. So many memories attached. Intermixed in my wardrobe of thrifted designer finds, vintage warehouse digs and high street wonders are of course my favorite pieces from Forever 21. A lot of my favorite go-to plaid and boho pieces are Forever 21! These plaid skirts and pair of pants are now foundation pieces in my wardrobe. I love them when I need to add a little punk element to my outfit. And the stitching on this boho sweater that I'm wearing is basically my dream.

Mixing high and low is the foundation of my wardrobe, and it always has been. It's good to find the potential in everything, no matter what the label says. I always feel a whole lot more like myself when what I'm wearing is a reflection of not just one idea, but multiple ideas . . . multiple stories, schemes, price points, etc. Sometimes it doesn't make sense when it's hanging all together in my closet, but once it's all on, I know that I'm doing something right. And out the door I go. Thanks Forever 21 for wanting take a peek into my closet. It was a pleasure :) Now lets see what I'll be adding to it next.

**Pictures taken by Natalie Suarez

28 comments:

Kacie Cone said...

Such a beautiful closet! I love love love that world decal on your wall!

Yonosoyunaitgirl Sandra Cuiña said...

Nice closet! XX

Rory said...

Wow this is so you :) Love the eclectic, unique vibe. WHat a cool room!!
Rory
www.WearAboutsBlog.com

jessica rose said...

Looks like a lot of vintage!

http://vodkaandarose.blogspot.co.uk

My Fashion Nook said...

wow, really great closet. love the color and prints and everything! :)

Chelsea Candelario said...

I love the way you took your photos. Your room is so beautiful. I always wanted a rack, but never got around to getting on or convincing my mother to get one :p

I'm striving to get a closet full of clothes like you. I like your style and Forever 21 is one of my favorites stores!

xx
destroyed-beauty.blogspot.com

canvasofculture said...

wow! love the whole world traveler vibe you've got going on:) to be honest its very refreshing to see more natural, personalized rooms with all the stark minimal interior pics around now!

xx
canvasofculture.blogspot.com/

Randi Zimman said...

Great post. Love all the colors. Def inspiring me to steer away from all the black I have in mine - and spice it up with prints. Thanks for the inspiration!

Xo, Randi
http://eye-see-you-randi.blogspot.com

Juliette Laura said...

Ahhhh this is so cool. Your clothes are so wonderful.

xo, Juliette Laura
juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Melissa Sanders said...

I love how passionate you and Natalie are about fashion and sharing it with the world! You guys are both the definition of boho chic!

Fashion Musings Diary said...

Lovely inspirational post!

Nina Heutinck said...

Waaauw your closet is like wonderland!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful room! I love everything and the decor is so cozy yet boho <3

x
StephC

http://sstephcc.blogspot.com/

stephc16.tumblr.com

AVY said...

I think I could spend an hour or two in there.

/Avy

http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

moustachic said...

sooo adorableee

WWW.MOUSTACHIC.COM
WWW.MOUSTACHIC.COM
WWW.MOUSTACHIC.COM

Sarah Smith said...

Beautiful, beautiful closet! You have the best style Nana!

Jenn @ hello, rigby! said...

love your closet, so many great prints! :)

xo. jenn @ hello, rigby!

Anindya said...

jealousy! I love your world wall sticker.

http://fioreblume.blogspot.com

Daria said...

wow! amazing pictures :)

Londyn said...

Oh, I love this post so much!! Your closet is such a beautiful representation of you! It's exactly how I would imagine it.

http://www.fashonistastyle1.blogspot.com

Robin Brook said...

Your wardrobe and room looks so incredibly beautiful! And I love your little Buddha :) http://bethebteam.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

Elliementary, My Dear said...

Your room looks so fun and boy would I like to have a wardrobe like your haha. Love the map print on the wall and Valley of the Dolls is one of my favorite books :)

PrncszTffny said...

thats one heck of a closet, you have so many clothes :o haha


http://shopaholicoverhere.blogspot.nl/

Nikki Williams said...

this is exactly what i would guess your closet would look like! it's so you! fun, colorful, and vibrant! love this space

xxoo,
nikki

www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

Sage said...

Your closet looks amazing! You have so many pieces that would look great on their own or paired with something equally funny, and I love your personal style. x

Grymche said...

Such a beautiful and colorful closet. There are only a few colors in mine :)

promstyling.com/short-dresses

Seeking Style said...

I would be in Heaven if I had your closet, well what is in the closet! lol

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Sophie said...

Does anyone know how that magazine is called on the 12th picture? It's the bottom one in the pile, something with dish?

Please help me!