Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Things That Are Important

A few weeks ago, my blog was down for 3 days because of a virus that was found in the html coding. I freaked out for maybe like a hot second, emailing Google and every techie person I knew. What if it was going to be gone foreverrrrrr??? We did get rid of the bad code, but it was basically out of my hands whether or not Google would decide to let my blog go public again. So all I could do was wait it out without any sure idea of when I would get it back. But you know what, I actually wasn't too bothered about it at all. It was actually a pretty GREAT 3 days. Yes, I had some blog-related projects I had to work on, but I decided to put them on the back burner and I didn't let myself constantly check my email to see if an alert from Google came in. I felt sort of free from the endless need to update and upkeep my "social presence".  And it gave me some time to focus purely on myself and what's most important to me. 

In this point in time, being a blogger has sort of just become a way of life for me. Second nature. I LOVE taking picture. Simple as that. But it has never overshadowed what is most important to me in life. It hasn't made me a different person. Yes I am far more aesthetically conscious, but that's because I've grown to open my eyes to the beauty of what is around me everyday. Yes, it may have shifted my priorities when it comes to career-wise things, but this has only made me more creative and open to new things. How can one say no to this? I've never let my blog stray me from being myself. When it comes down to it, blogger or non-blogger, the decisions I make in life, the ideals that I believe in, the people I choose to surround myself with, and the adventures I choose to throw myself into, will alway be the same. I just happen to like to share them all (well at least a good chunk of them all) with those who like to come here to feel inspired to do the same. 

Sometimes I wonder, what would I be doing if I didn't have this blog. Really, I don't think I could ever be sure, because I've fallen into so many wonderful things because of the existence of this funny little blog, and for that I am grateful. But I do hope that what I would be doing would still be what I love, in the city of my dreams and lived to the fullest. Put your heart into everything. 

And here I'll leave you with a little Instagram update because life has just been really rad lately, I can't deny it! xo


Juliette Laura said...

Ahhh I feel the same way about blogging. So scary about the virus though! I hate situations like that. Your instagrams have been so rad lately, glad your life has been wonderful!


Liz Lauren said...

omg that's so scary and annoying!! I lost my original domain somehow and had to start with a new domain! And months of content got deleted!!!

Nakia Pleasant said...

oi !I love Pho !!


Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Love everything! Love these photos! x

Fashion Musings Diary said...

As long as you're happy with the way you live your life...

Am2Pm Chic said...

Lovely photos, and I do feel the same way about blogging.

Fabrizia said...

Lovely shoots!
Fabrizia – Cosa Mi Metto???

Elisa Taviti said...

Amazing pics! :)

My Fantabulous World

Maddie Toy said...

you are so inspiring!!! love these photos and i adore your blog!!

Nikki Williams said...

love this post. i'm glad you do what you do, but a little break is always nice :)