Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Willie Nelson's Heartbreaker Banquet with Minnetonka Moccasin


One of our major stops during SXSW with Minnetonka Moccasin was the Heartbreaker Banquet on Willie Nelson's ranch, about a 40 minute drive outside of Austin, TX. Such an amazing experience! The ranch is an old cowboy movie set that literally transports you into a John Wayne western. The sun was beaming, horse dens lined the outskirts of the ranch and there was no concrete in sight, just dirt. So this is how the southwest is supposed to feel! We shot a mini look book with the Minnetonka team on the ranch grounds, using the cute storefronts as our backdrop. We took our last shots just as the crowds started pouring in for the awesome lineup of bands set to play. I haven't heard of the majority of the acts playing the Heartbreaker Banquet before, but boy did I leave with a few new favorites to add to my playlist, including Clear Plastic Masks, Shovels and Rope, Elle King, Willie Watson, Hurray for the Riff Raff, and Nikki Lane. We rocked our Minnetonka moccasins all day and felt perfectly in character with them on with the ranch as our setting. Natalie and I both couldn't have asked for a better introduction to Texas than this experience. Thanks for having us Minnetonka :) 

And here's the look that I wore to my very first day in Austin, last Wednesday. Casual and sporty with a twist. 


Lucy Paris bomber jacket from Bloomingdales, Stylestalker tunic, Citizens of Humanity jeans, Minnetonka Moccasin Bandera boots

15 comments:

Radhiana said...

love your maxi dress match with moccasin Dy :)

Raia-My Wardrobe

Liz Lauren said...

what a cool location! I love your moccasins!


http://hashtagliz.com

Juliette Laura said...

These photos are stunning. Perfect post!

juliettelaura.blogspot.com

►Nadush said...

great post !
please follow me :) COLORFUL THOUGHTS

Rossana Suarez said...

beautiful and love the boots for sure !!

Stephanie said...

I love!

x
StephC

http://sstephcc.blogspot.com/

stephc16.tumblr.com

Nikki Williams said...

love this look! and those moccasins are so awesome!

xxoo,
nikki

www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

moustachic said...

such a beautiful place!

WWW.MOUSTACHIC.COM
WWW.MOUSTACHIC.COM
WWW.MOUSTACHIC.COM

Rhiannon Lorenzo said...

so gorgeous!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

Run With Fashion said...

I'M SOOO IN LOVE WITH THE FURNI'S AND THAT THEY PUT IT OUT DOORS! SO BEAUTIFUL! ♥♥♥♥
I absolutely love the chandelier on the tree!♥♥♥♥
Absolutely love the photo's, so earthy, and love nature!!! :D
Love the oufit, and LOOOVE LUCY PARIS!!! I have been a fan of Lucy Paris for several years now, I found of the brand at a small boutique in Burbank, CA. :D So cool, I never saw a blogger wear Lucy Paris before! :)

Liezel Esquire (FASHIOLIEZTA) said...

Absolutely amazing! X

http://fashioliezta.blogspot.com

Mackenzie Mancuso said...

Cute photos! As usual.

x Kenzie
http://easy-lucky-free.com

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Amazing photos, and I'm loving your bomber jacket xx

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Elizabeth Hisle said...

I love love love Minnetonka. Great shoot.

http://lamentinglizzie.blogspot.com

Tonya Ruanto said...

I so love Willie Watson. Old Crow, while good, is not the same without him.