Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Local Eats | House of Small Wonder

Brooklyn is probably one of my favorite places to go out and get some delicious food, and I'm not just saying that because I live in Brooklyn (Williamsburg to be exact). But there really is an amazingly widespread selection of super cute restaurants and coffee shops that I've discovered in the past year of me being a Brooklynite. House of Small Wonder is one of these fab discoveries. This small and charming coffee shop/sit-down eatery makes you feel like you are literally sitting in a tree house. The window panels on the ceilings let a bunch of natural light in, and there is a tree growing straight through the middle of the restaurant. Inspired by European cafes, but with a very zen, Japanese style influence thrown into the mix, House of Small Wonder makes for quite the unique lunch/late lunch experience. I say lunch because it closes at 7pm on weekdays and 5pm on weekends. The menu is quite extraordinary, as well. Every dish is an interesting fusion of all sorts of cultures. Everything I've tried so far has been out of this world divine tasting. The Grilled Chicken Sandwich Plate is one of my favorite dishes (see above). The chicken literally melts in your mouth, and the bread is slathered in the one of the most savory mayo spreads I've ever tried. A side of tomato salad is a refresher in between ever bite, which is basically heaven. Trust me. 

House of Small Wonder
77 North 6th Street
Brooklyn, NY


fran said...

a great place!!


Rory said...

That looks SO DELISH! I can't wait to live in NYC one day. Brooklyn seems so magical. Places like House of Small Wonder make it so!

Addictions to Shopping said...

Looks & sounds lovely! Maybe ill get the chance to go one day (im from Scotland) :)

Hayley xx

Diana Cloudlet said...

Dear, randomly found your blog and I’d like to say that you have amazing design, beautiful photos and interesting posts! I’m also impressed by your style! Everything is magnificent!

would you like to follow each other?
will be happy to see you in my blog)


Nadine Dubock said...

Looks like a pretty cute place, I will have to try and remember to check it out next time I am in NY. Looking at that sandwich is making me hungry, lol. Have a great day :)

Nikki Williams said...

yum!! everything looks delish! and i love the decor!



Holly Rose said...

Wow this looks so nice, I'll have to write all these places down so I can go to them one day! Love the decoration and setting, looks lovely x