Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Where Do We Go From Here . . .


I cut my hair . . .


Just kidding!

The hair-in-sweater look is a good one though. I still contemplate sometimes chopping it to shoulder length, like I did over two years ago. But my messy un-brushable hair is such a fun accessory to head bang with. Wind in hair. I'm going to make sure I'm chilling on plenty of rooftops this summer just for this reason.

Looking down on the city from the perspective above is pretty mind blowing when you get to that moment of realizing (over and over and over again) that you live in such an amazing city. Foot traffic made by characters from all walks of earth. Lights flickering in the never ending distance at night reminding you that the world is so much bigger than the bubble of your own. So many different things happening in such a close capacity. It's all a little too much to handle sometimes, but really we are all here because we thrive off the hecticness. The bodies and personalities and events that surround us at all times in this city. The unexpectedness around each corner. The realization that you are running to catch the subway but really you have no reason to rush at all. But the go go go of the city pushes you to do so. But up on that rooftop, stepping away from it all for even just a few minutes, you get to breathe a little more. Removing yourself from the city, even in just altitude, can give you perspective. You're just a small pea in a big old pod. The thump of your heart starts to match the buzz of early evening Manhattan traffic. And you really hear it. The love/hate relationship one has with the city is an emotional stir that keeps us testing ourselves time and time again. Without that struggle, we probably wouldn't want to be here in the first place. I've only been here for almost a year, but I know that's why I'm here.
_________________________________

What I'm Wearing:

Lovers and Friends sweater | Forever 21 skirt | Vanessa Mooney necklace

17 comments:

fran said...

you look beautiful baby!!!!
see my new look, I think you'll like it

NEW OUTFIT IN THE BLOG! BLUE & YELLOW OBSESSION
http://showroomdegarde.blogspot.com.es/2014/06/blue-yellow-obsession-and-heart-of.html

ramli ahmad said...

beautiful.. ^_^

Nikki Williams said...

your hair is gorgeous! don't chop it off!! lol. and i love that sweater!

xxoo,
nikki

www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

Natali said...

Pretty photos! You look so beautiful :)

http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

I have to constantly talk myself out of cutting my hair to shoulder length! Haha Yours would look spectacular though!



xo Jennifer


http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Ellesse said...

You look stunning {love the all black and white ensemble} & beautiful photos! I live in Chicago and work downtown right by the trains to the burbs. Everyday at 5 when I'm walking out of work i see people running ~ running ~ rushing and I just think to myself "what's the rush?" : ) Everyone just needs to slow down ...

moustachic said...

you are gorgeoussss!!!


WWW.MOUSTACHIC.COM
WWW.MOUSTACHIC.COM
WWW.MOUSTACHIC.COM

Kacie Cone said...

Gorgeous photos! Loving that skirt!

www.shygirlloudvoice.com

Zoe P said...

Love it - gorgeous skirt

Z
http://www.are-we-on-time.com

Rory said...

ooo I love that skirt I'm bummed you don't have a direct link to it! I guess that's how it goes with forever 21 though...so many hot pieces and they change so fast! :)
Rory
www.WearAboutsBlog.com

Michelle said...

Gorgeous!

Rhiannon Lorenzo said...

so gorgeous!!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

amanda said...

you look gorgeous!

Run With Fashion said...

You are soooo prettty with this hair length! No need to cut it :)
Love what you are wearing, especially the sweater, I love the cut at the bottom of the sweater :D ♥
Beautiful pictures, as always :)

Elisa Taviti said...

Stunning! Love the post!!

www.MyFantabulousWorld.com

Stephanie said...

I lurve, esp that skirt!

x
StephC

http://sstephcc.blogspot.com/

brittanny said...

Rooftops in the city are the absolute best. Nothing beats it.

http://brittannytaylor.com/blog/