Tuesday, July 1, 2014

HOME SWEET HOME


There's nothing that brightens up my day and gets me daydreaming more than home decor inspiration. I'm moving in August (still plan on staying in Brooklyn), and I plan on getting rid of all my old furniture that I brought to the city from Philadelphia. Starting with a fresh slate. This means that all directions are possible when it comes to decorating my future apartment and truly calling it a home that embodies my creativity and personal style. The idea of finally investing in new plates and glasses get me just as excited as the possibility of a much larger cooking space. Exposed brick? Yes, please. A light flooded living room that makes me feel like I'm floating on a cloud? I'm getting shivers. A white washed wooden dresser to go underneath a wall full of differently shaped picture frames, and that sits upon a vintage Persian rug . . . a wall of memories and nostalgic inspiration. 

I've been renewing my obsession with Pinterest, taking a browse through the boards that revolve around home decor. I'm taking it all in, making note of what draws me in the most. A particular placement of a coral Versaille-style pillow upon a creamy bedspread is just the perfect amount of attention I want to be making. Dream home, you couldn't come to me sooner. 


Make sure to follow me on Pinterest HERE!

15 comments:

paseandoamissreichel.com said...

Love that pictures :)

www.paseandoamissreichel.com - New new post <3

Juliette Laura said...

Killer inspiration, def going to follow your pinterest!

juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Anika Miller said...

Love all the pictures :)

ANIKA MILLER // UK FASHION AND STYLE BLOG

moustachic said...

gorgeous inspiring pictures!

WWW.MOUSTACHIC.COM
WWW.MOUSTACHIC.COM
WWW.MOUSTACHIC.COM

Nikki Williams said...

so much good inspiration!! i love that turquoise tub!

xxoo,
nikki

www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

Amalie said...

Cool pictures, really inspiring.
http://quirkywallflower.blogspot.dk/

Yuri said...

The sheer American flag as a curtain is pretty fantastic.

Rory said...

Isn't pinterest addicting?!
Rory
www.WearAboutsBlog.com

Rossana Suarez said...

you are awesome and gonna have all that, it will bring you lotsw of fresh air and able to breath freely. Way to go dy !!

elly gray said...

I love the green doors and fairy lights, the high bookshelves, exposed beams... Sigh. Good luck with the move!

Anonymous said...

Gasp! How exciting, Dy! Love all the pictures! : )

-Ellesse

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Amazing inspiration! Love this. xx

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Elisa Taviti said...

Really fab post!

www.MyFantabulousWorld.com

Joanna Kr said...

Love your blog! Following! I'd love it if you check out mine!

Joanna
Snobpeople.com

Addictions to Shopping said...

All of these are truly amazing! I especially love the 3rd one, the bedroom.

Hayley xx
www.addictionstoshopping.co.uk