Friday, July 25, 2014

Pool Party


L*Space one-piece swimsuit (SHOP SIMILAR HERE)
Blackswan crochet shorts (SHOP HERE)

There ain't nothing like a nice long dip in the pool on a hot summer day in the burbs. This one-piece from L*Space might have given me the funkiest tan lines, but I'm totally okay about it. I love how much it reminds me of a ballerina's leotard. Brings me back to my dance team days as a kid. My friend Kiara's cousin's house made for the perfect suburban weekend getaway. Big backyard, something always grilling on the BBQ, a dog to always cuddle with, good conversation with good people, and an endless supply of beers to sip on while you float in the pool. Now this is why I love AMUUUURICA. 

As work has become busier and busier for me these past few weeks, these sort of weekends are what I try to indulge in the most. To keep my mind sane and regularly refreshed. It's easy to get burnt out in the city, even as a freelancer who sometimes gets to work out of the comfort of her own bed. The daily grind finds us everywhere we may be. I'm officially moving to my new apartment next week, my parents will be back in town and more projects are piling up. All while constantly coming up with new things to add to the blog. All good things, but for me all good things usually means no sleep and too much coffee. But I'm loving every second of it and just taking it as it comes. 

So now, when's my next day at the pool going to be?

27 comments:

Juliette Laura said...

Your swim suit is perfection and that pool looks lovely!

juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Andini Ria said...

Cutest one piece ever! xx

Adventures of an Anglophile

Cee said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous girls! Love your suit - you rock it.
xox,
Cee
www.cocoandvera.com

Georgie Lowen said...

Love your pool outfit. These photos are beautiful.

Georgie
xoxo

styleprincessdiaries.blogspot.com

DISOWNED said...

I adore how the little surprise side detail turned this simple black one-piece into something really cute and special.

<3 dani
http://blog.shopdisowned.com

Rossana Suarez said...

love the black swim suit and you look fantastic in it so slim.

fran said...

cool post! love you so much
girls!! you can see my new look with my new swimsuit!

FRIDAY NEW OUTFIT IN THE BLOG: PROTECT YOUR SKIN ( with my new swimsuit)!
http://showroomdegarde.blogspot.com.es/2014/07/protect-your-skin-with-farmapolo.html

Anonymous said...

This is seriously the cutest. I always love and look forward to seeing your new posts! xo

Francesca Rose said...

ok, I wish this was my garden!!

xo
www.thisisfrancescarose.com

Paris said...

I love you! You're beautiful.
I hope we get to meet this summer.

xo xo xo

Paulina Villalpando said...

Your bikinis are great! http://www.thepaarblog.com/

Liz Lauren said...

so cute


http://hashtagliz.com

Natalie Suarez said...

SO RAD i love this!

Natalie Off Duty

Christina said...

Some cute suits in that pool. Weekends are the best! Looking forward to what you have in store for your blog, Dylana!

- Christina www.cityloveee.blogspot.com

Jeanne said...

Wow! Your swimsuit is amazing!!!
I love the side details!
XO
Jeanne
http://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr

minnja said...

Amazing.I love your swim suit and the photos are pure fun !!!

Love Minnja - minnja.de

coline said...

looks amazinngggg !!

http://munchmecat.blogspot.ch/

Mayflower said...

Big love on your shorts ♥

hassan mouse said...

Find best Online Jobs on Facebook...
JobzCorner

Diana Cloudlet said...

Dear, randomly found your blog and I’d like to say that you have amazing design,
beautiful photos and interesting posts! I’m also impressed by your style! Everything is magnificent!

would you like to follow each other?
will be happy to see you in my blog)

www.dianacloudlet.com

Nikki Williams said...

that swim suit is amazing! you look fab!

xxoo,
nikki

www.dream-in-neon.com

Kacie Cone said...

looks like fun! Loving that one-piece!

www.shygirlloudvoice.com

Comtessesofiaparis said...

Good article, i love your swimsuit ; very beautiful. Nice photos.
http://scarves.comtesse-sofia.fr/

Michaela Jean said...

What a fun day and more importantly, what amazing swim suits!

xo

Michaela

http://michaelajeanblog.com

Diane said...

that swimsuit is fabulous!

Arlene Keller said...

Oooh! That looks so much fun! I, myself, haven't been to any beach or pool this summer, but seeing both of you being gorgeous under the sun makes me wanna see to it that I do, ASAP! Hahaha! Anyway, kudos to you for moving to your new apartment. Also, the house and the backyard of Kiara's cousin look spectacular. Thank you for sharing! Stay beautiful!

Arlene Keller @ Scott Sauer

Joanne Henry said...

Pool parties are always part of a happy summer time. It's really hard to resist the temptation of that fabulous pool. Hahaha! Anyway, I do hope you'll be able to share more photos of your pool parties. I’m sure you’ll show another awesome swimsuit by that time. Have a great day! :D

Joanne Henry @ Tranquility Pools, Inc.