Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Stockholm | Day 1


___

VEDA coat
Paige tank
Siwy boyfriend jeans
Modern Vice boots
Quay sunglasses
___

Natalie and I have finally arrived in the beautiful Stockholm, Sweden! Our first day here was absolutely fantastic. We arrived at around 8:30AM Monday morning, and hit the streets after a quick freshening up at our hotel in the center of the city. I didn't sleep on the plane, so by the end of the first day I was wiped. Swedish coffee did the trick when it came to keeping me going throughout the day. Thanks so much to the wonderful Videofyme team who is hosting our stay here as we cover the shows during Stockholm Fashion Week, as well as show you guys Stockholm through our eyes with the Videofyme app. The city is so open and bright with gorgeous, old-fashion architecture to complement the city's well-known appreciation for modern and minimalist design. Food of all kinds is everywhere, and Natalie and I especially fell in love with the indoor food markets, where we indulged in some of the best Turkish fare. By nighttime, the city turns a little sleepy and the skies more rainy, with things closing around midnight on weekdays (something so different from NYC's around-the-clock lifestyle that we've gotten so used to), but it was a perfect excuse to call it a day earlier and rest up from our endless trekking adventures around the city by foot and subway (tunnelbana). The subways here are each completely decorated with art. I think the last terminal we went through was a rainbow cave or something of that sort. Kind of cheesy, but heartwarming at the same time. Despite the difficulty Natalie and I had navigating the city's confusing subway system (we're getting used to it now), we still got around quite well for our very first day, hitting up the places around our hotel (this area is called Norrmalm), the magical narrow streets of Gamla Stan (Old Town Stockholm), and getting an amazing view of Central Stockholm from a park in Sodermalm, an area we want to go back to and explore more later this week. Not to mention, I'd say around 95% of the Swedish population is painstakingly beautiful. So many perfect looking boys, it hurts!! More on that later. And more to come on the shows we will be covering!

In the meantime check out my latest Videofyme video from our first day in Stockholm!




23 comments:

Avanti Garde said...

Love your photos of Stockholm! I really want to go there one day.
Look forward to seeing more pictures of your trip in Scandinavia.
Love your outfit btw.

Avanti
xxx
Avantigarde.wordpress.com

Sasa Zoe said...

Love these photos! Your jeans are so cool<3

www.shallwesasa.com

DISOWNED said...

It's so fun to explore a new city/country. I'm like you, though; I don't sleep on planes so day 1 wipes me out! I'm still getting used to things closing at a "normal" time now that I've moved from NYC to the UK... But it's kind of refreshing! Keep enjoying all of the good food you can - that's my favorite part of traveling :)

<3 dani
http://blog.shopdisowned.com

Natali said...

So many beautiful photos! Stockholm is one of my favourite cities in the world and I love going back there whenever I can.

http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

Paulina Villalpando said...

I love the look! http://www.thepaarblog.com/

mane untame said...

I am absolutely in love with your shoes! I definitely want to visit Stockholm one day and these photos just make that desire so much stronger

ManeUntame

Somebody from Somewhere said...

Nice photos! Have a great time!

http://somebodyfromsomewhere.blogspot.com/

Victoria said...

Hi Dylana !
I really love your pics... I would like to know which kind of lens you and your sister use please ?

Thank you and have a great time here !

A little frenchie,

Victoria

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

You look amazing, love your coat x

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Nikki Williams said...

looks like so much fun!! love your sunnies!

xxoo,
nikki

www.dream-in-neon.com

Claudia G. said...

Love the post! :)

-- I want to live in L. A --

Vera A said...

Amazing photos! Stockholm is such a beautiful city. And I love your coat! x
Verally, my personal fashion blog

Christina said...

Gorgeous and fun.

- christina www.cityloveee.blogspot.com

Liisa said...

Stockholm is amazing!! I hope you enjoy it!! :)

Lary Mello said...

woooow!! enjoy a lot!!! <3 I want to know there too!! :P

http://www.tastemycloset.com/

Rossana Suarez said...

wow very interesting gonna have to be in my travel plans , SWEDEN !!

eDina said...

Cool coat, enjoy every minute there!

xx Edina

Printed or Plain fashion blog

Natalie Suarez said...

GORGEOUS

Stephanie said...

Awesome pics, loooks like fun! Rad style and I'm lovin the pic with the abandoned chucks on the steps lol :)

x
StephC

http://sstephcc.blogspot.com/

liz said...

looks so fun!! love it! I wanna go there some day!


http://hashtagliz.com

Melanie Pangilinan said...

Love the photos and your shoes!! =)

Melanie
Aetherlily.net

Uang poker asli said...

POKER UANG ASLI

obat herbal alzheimer paling ampuh said...

pengobatan untuk mengatasi berbagai macam penyakit secara alami tanpa menyebabkan efek samping Obat Herbal Lambung Bengkak Obat Herbal Batu Empedu Kronis Tanpa Operasi Obat Herbal Polip Hidung Paling Ampuh Obat Herbal Anemia Akut Obat Herbal Tumor Jinak Obat Herbal Cacar Air Paling Ampuh Obat Herbal Varikokel Tanpa Operasi Obat Herbal Kanker Usus Besar Mujarab Obat Herbal TBC akut Obat Herbal Keloid Ampuh Obat Herbal Alzheimer Paling Ampuh