Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2015 Here We Come

WOW. What a crazy, unbelievable year. 2014, you basically rocked. Not gonna lie, you were also rocky a bit at times (mmm, well maybe a little bit more than that) but for all good reason. Without the lows, you can't get the highs. But man there were there a whole lot of highs. 2014 was a result of a big, life-changing move to NYC and a new job. I am so grateful for the people I got to become friends with and work with on a daily basis because of that job, despite the fact that the technicalities of it actually turned out to be more than just a little shitty. I was living in this amazing, beautiful, bright city and my heart and creative juices grew because of it. So I quit my day job so I could finally get the chance to experience it and take it on my own. It was a scary, scary idea. I didn't know if I could make it. I didn't have another full-time job lined up. All I had was my blog, my family and my friends. But it turned out being the best decision of my life. It was ultimate freedom and I worked harder than ever because of it. I got my own apartment that I love and actually fits all my things! I've gotten close to some really amazing souls that I know will be with me for the rest of my life. I turned 27, and actually have every reason to call myself an adult. I'm actually really proud of myself! I made a goal to do what I was truly passionate about with nothing holding me back. Nothing pinning me down to just one thing. This is what made 2014 the best.

May 2, 2014 marked my first day as a freelancer, and this blog has grown the most since then in all of the nearly 5 years of me running this thing. Putting my full focus and time into DYLANA/SUAREZ has paved ways for my career and has opened so many doors. I really have you all to thank for coming here each day and reading, or even just enjoying the images I put out there. I'm not changing the world, or saving lives, or talking about the most important of things a lot of the times, but I'm so happy to hear the reactions to a lot of what I put out there, and I'm just glad that I can inspire others here and there.

So much has happened this past year, and I have seen so many awesome places. Austin, Texas. Coachella. Miami. Stockholm. Berlin. But there's still so much more I want to do in 2015. I want to build my business. I want to design with my sister. I want to travel more. I want to see my family on a more regular basis. I want to develop myself even more as a photographer. I want to keep creating kick-ass content for you all on here. I want to keep meeting people who will make a positive mark on my life. I want to use my work to make more of a difference and support the causes I feel strongly about. And hey, if I find love, awesome, but if not, that's okay, too. I've had my heart broken by boys probably more often in 2014 than any other year of my life (thats NYC for you I guess), but I've come out stronger and smarter because of each and every one.

But most of all, I want to be happy and I want to live passionately and whole-heartedly. And I want to be patient and clear minded with everything that comes my way. 

I hope you all hope for beautiful things to happen in 2015 and know that you can get closer to them as long as you work hard and surround yourself with positivity. Failure and bumps just teach you things so you can get closer to what you want. Cheesy, I know, but cheesy is true. It's as easy as that. And it all starts with YOU. 

Thanks for everything 2014. All the bruises and all the smiles. All the tears and all the laughs. Here's to 2015. 

Photos by Natalie Suarez


Michael said...

I wish you all the best and joyful to year 2015 ^_^,

Cheers from Prague,

pancakeSTACKER said...

so happy for you! can't wait to see what you do in 2015 - come to sf and visit, please! i'll take you to all the hip spots :)


Laura Mitbrodt said...

Sounds like you had a great year!!

happy new year

Natali said...

Such a cute photos of you!! May you have a great NYE and I wish you all of the best things in 2015!

Liz Lauren said...

love these photos

Giveaway on my blog!

Rossana Suarez said...

So right Dylana you are amazing in every way, love your creative writing and all your posts. Lovely Lacey white top.

Sonia said...

You are like Snow White waiting for you prince to carry you away and it's coming . Happy new year.

Emma Corbin-Mckenzie said...

am so glad i found your blog. it is inspiring and makes me want to blog about all the wonderful things. also i wanted know what you use to edited the tone and quality of your pictures.

happy new year !

Kacie Cone said...

How inspiring! Sounds like a crazy beautiful year for you! Happy New year!

Holly Rose said...

This is so inspiring! I wish you all the best for 2015! x


Stunning pictures. I love the dress you're wearing! Happy new year!
x Fiona

Ashlee Favro said...

Beautiful!! You look amazing in white!

emily ramirez said...

flawless shot of you truely amazing.

Jeanne said...

I love your cropped lace top Dylana! Gorgeous pictures! Happy New Year Miss!

Nikki Williams said...

love that top!

xx nikki