Friday, December 26, 2014

I Love California


Hope everyone is still feeling refreshed and relaxed after the holiday :) I'm back in Cali after a two day trip to Las Vegas.

My first weekend back home was jam packed with lovely friend meet ups and sunshine. What's more Californian than Sunday brunch on Abbott Kinney in Venice, the epitome of the surf/skater lifestyle that we all covet and dream about. It actually got too warm to wear my cardigan and I breathed the greatest sign of relief that I could finally bare some skin and not feel an inch of cold. I've gotten so used to the weather in New York, that it felt sort of weird to not have to be covered up 24/7. I was born in Santa Monica but raised in the suburbs of the valley outside of the city. Even though I'm a valley girl, my heart was always by the beach and specifically on the west side of Los Angeles. Venice is a little bubble of laid-back cool, a mix of characters, quirky shops and some of the best food to nom nom on. Well, throw a little paparazzi in there, as well, and that's just about Venice in a nutshell nowadays. A lot has changed since two years ago, that's for sure! Sightings of a Victoria's Secret model and who we though was Bradley Cooper interrupted our chill vibes for a bit, but that's ok. Hey, it's LA people. Got to see my dear friend and ex-roommate Cheryl who was visiting from Philly and was taking me to a concert after our day in Venice. What a fab way to welcome myself back home :) My heart is feeling bright right now, and I feel so lucky to call Southern California home. 


16 comments:

Natalie Suarez said...

CUTE CUTE

The Fashion Lotus said...

Love this shoot and I loved Cali when I visited a few months ago.

Xo
Jeanie
www.thefashionlotus.com

eDina said...

These are really cool pics, you defo have good eyes for photography!

Printed or Plain

Natali said...

You're such a talented photographer! I've enjoyed these photos a lot and have fell in love with Cali even though I have never been there...

http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

Sheila Joy said...

lovely photos! I want to visit Cali so bad!

http://splitneedles.blogspot.com

Liz Lauren said...

omg gjelina is so good!


Giveaway on my blog

http://hashtagliz.com

ChocolateFashionCoffee said...

such great photos, dear :)



Saci
ChocolateFashionCoffee
ChocolateFashionCoffee Facebook Page

Jane said...

Venice is such a great little neighborhood!!!! Nice shots, makes me want to go there now!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful captures...no place like home! Wish my sis and I could run into you guys one day, you guys seem so chill! :P
Happy Holidays!!


x
StephC

aurora morales said...

so obsessed

rossana said...

wow so chic love you girls

susie said...

You girls are the chicest of them all , so stylish Dylana.

THEDASHINGRIDER said...

Same here! Can't wait to get back some day!
x Fiona THEDASHINGRIDER.com

Ashlee Favro said...

Beautiful! Growing up on the East Coast I can't imagine warm weather for the holiday season!
http://www.tuskstails.blogspot.com

Ria said...

Love that cardigan.

Nikki Williams said...

gorgeous photos!

xx nikki
www.dream-in-neon.com