Thursday, January 15, 2015

Beauty Files | That Smokey Eye


Guess what guys?? 2015 is going to bringing on a whole new lot of beauty content on the blog. Get ready to get puuuurtyyyyy. Basically flaunt what you got, just accentuate it! Excited to start sharing some easy girl-on-the-go makeup looks that you don't have to be a makeup pro to do yourself. Because trust me, if I can do it, you can, too. Let's start the year off with something subtle yet smokey. I've always admired the Hollywood actresses who rock the red carpet with a sexy yet perfect swipe of charcoal across their lids. Sadly, I've never before been able to recreate the look in quite the same way myself. I always just ended up looking messy, undone and a little bruised. AKA not cute. So I veered away from doing up the eyes too dark, even on nights when I've wanted to feel a little sexier than usual. 

So here is my latest attempt, and I think I've finally found the key to smokey eye happiness! Thank's to L'Oreal's Infallible Smokissime powder eyeliner. The sponge dip applicator makes it super easy. I use the tip of the point applicator to add a darker swipe of black along my lash line. Then I use the side of the applicator (which acts like a smudger) to gently blend the color upwards towards the outer points of my eyes. You can use your finger, as well, if you want to be even more careful and to have more control over the intensity of the smokey look. And the color didn't move at all throughout the day thanks to some Smashbox primer on my lids (helps keep the level of grease down). 

A swipe of super sheer nude gloss, full brows and a natural glow on the cheeks with a baked blush is all I need to finish off the look. 





And there you go! A subtly intense smokey eye that translates well for both day and night, depending on the lip you go for! Stay tuned for the next issue of Beauty Files!

24 comments:

The slow pace said...

Lovely make up! I love me some smoky brown eyes!
xx,
E.
www.theslowpace.com

Rhiannon Lorenzo said...

cute!

http://amoderngypsy.blogspot.com

Liz Lauren said...

so pretty

international giveaway on my blog!

http://hashtagliz.com

Natali said...

Yay!! Love the fact that there will be more beauty related posts on your blog since I love beauty and skin care related posts/ reviews/ suggestions, etc.
Looking beautiful, your make up is flawless!

http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

AVY said...

Bruised can be cute if it's done right. This is pretty.

/ Avy
http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com




Natalia/Shandrese said...

Love it!!! Your makeup is flawless!!

http://sincerelyrenay.blogspot.com

Rosie May said...

This is a really cool way of doing beauty posts!

Rosie x
www.rosiemay.co.nz

Laura Mitbrodt said...

pretty,I love your makeup
xo
www.laurajaneatelier.com

Randi Zimman said...

Love this look! It inspired me to back into eyeshadow
Xo, Randi

http://eye-see-you-randi.blogspot.com

Oda_a_la_moda said...

Love it! Great makeup, I also had problem with making smokey effect, it looks easy for do it, but in fact is not that simple.. :D Good work!


http://fashionistabih.blogspot.com/

Carmen Ri said...

The smokey eye looks so pretty on you! I was actually looking at that the other day, I may give it a second glance :) You've made it look so effortless!

Carmen Ri.

Eniwhere Fashion said...

You are a very expert of make-up! Smokey eye is impossible for me!!!! Have a nice day, kisses (and thank you for your visit),
Eni

Eniwhere Fashion
Eniwhere Fashion Facebook

Kacie Cone said...

Every time I try to do something fun with my makeup I totally fail! This looks awesome though, I'll have to give it a try!

Rachel Ang said...

Gorgeous as always!!!!x

Payton Rodewald said...

This look fits your complexion so well. Diggin' it.

xx,
thetinydarling.com

Rossana Suarez said...

So pretty love the shadow color on you

Aurora said...

Love love you so pretty!!

Cheyenne said...

This is a great tutorial, so simple to actually achieve this look!
I usually tend to go totally overboard too when I do a smokey eye, got to give this a try :)

xx Cheyenne
www.bohemianjourneys.blogspot.com

Charlotte said...

You make it look so simple! It looks lovely on you :) Nice post.

Yonosoyunaitgirl Sandra Cuiña said...

Nice post! XX

Holly Rose said...

I always struggle with a smokey eye, you perfected yours! Love it x
Holly x
http://the-twins-wardrobe.blogspot.com/

Nikki Williams said...

the frosted lip is gorgeous!

xx nikki
www.dream-in-neon.com

Vianey Gutiérrez said...

Love the makeup! A different kind of smokey eye!

Love it!

Vianey
http://whenvianeymetjane.blogspot.mx/

Jessica. said...

Beautiful! So simple & elegant :) Jessica x

fashion-bakery.blogspot.co.uk