Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Window Watcher

___

Anna Sui dress
Forever 21 lace top
Sabrina SL necklace
___

Read this amazing quote on one of my favorite blogs We Are 365. A blog run by two gorgeous bohemian sisters based out of Stockholm.

"Take wrong turns. Talk to strangers. Open unmarked doors. And if you see a group of people in a field, go find out what they are doing. Do things without always knowing how they'll turn out. You're curious and smart and bored, and all of you see is the choice between working hard and slacking off. There are so many adventures that you miss because you're waiting to think of a plan. To find them, look for tiny interesting choices. And remember that you are always making up for the future as you go"

- R. Munroe

The one major thing I get out of this quote is that fact that the act of actually living and experiencing is hindered by society's pressures and standards that keep us in an endless state of worry and over-thinking. I've had my fair share of of falling into a hopeless state of anxiety over the big picture of my current life and the road of my future. In college I dedicated over two entire years of what I now feel was a false future for myself. A biology major with hopes of going to either medical school or optometry school someday. But whose hopes were they really? The hopes of my parents and the uncles before me who went down that path. A mind game of doing what others thought was best for me, not what I knew was actually best for me. And even after the realization that not going down that path was what I was supposed to do, still falling under the microscope of my peers and friends who thought I was crazy. "But what will you do?" A question that I would always be asked and that each time sort of felt like a slap on the face. Words that made me feel sort of ashamed of my actions. Ashamed that I couldn't succeed so I was forced to change my path. But that's really not the truth. I succeeded because I changed my path to one that was completely my own. A path that left me feeling very vulnerable in the beginning, but more confident as time went on. And once I switched my perspective, my worries and anxieties slowly disappeared. What would I do? Well, that's an easy one to answer. I'll do anything and everything I want. It might not make sense, and it will most likely always change, but if I feel content that way, then that's the way it was meant to be. For me, at least. 

Life is meant for explorations and the extension of oneself to get outside your comfort zones and the comfort zones that others put you in. Boundaries don't always have to exist and adventures can always be at the tips of your fingers. Always remember that.


Now feel free to shop some of my favorite Anna Sui dresses right now:

22 comments:

Mariel Parton said...

your words are so inspiring Dylana..you're inspiring <3

http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

Vale ♥ said...

Wonderful post and I love that Anna Sui dress, it's beautiful

Fashion and Cookies
Facebook / G+ / Bloglovin

Liz Lauren said...

love this dress

http://hashtagliz.com

Nikki Williams said...

ahh that dress!! so pretty

xx nikki
www.dream-in-neon.com

Yonosoyunaitgirl Sandra CuiƱa said...

Great pics and nice dress! XX

Jeanne said...

Your lace top is perfect with the print of that dress!
♥♥♥
Jeanne
http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

Natali said...

Such a beautiful and deep post! Love how your posts are always so meaningful and I read them with a lot of pleasure.
I could TOTALLY recognise myself in every word that you wrote... I used to be you too and I am you too today as well! I used to do things that were expected from me and now I'm doing things that I want to do and not something that I feel the pressure to do.
We have only one life to live, one life to make it our own and follow as many paths we want and make as many "wrong turns" that we want as long as we're being true towards ourself and living the life that WE want to live the best we can!

http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

Helen Veyna said...

This is a beautiful post. I completely agree with your words. I've recently started to realize that I need to create my own path in order to be happy. Sometimes it's easy to just follow the path that other people expect you to.

-Helen

Sweet Helen Grace

Anonymous said...

This dress is so beautiful! Love it.
X
Miri

http://currentlywearing.com

Dana said...

Can't go wrong with a little Anna Sui. Great words, too. You never fail to inspire.

xo

Iliana said...

Nice! Thanks for the comment!

http://theragdolls.blogspot.gr/

Wioletta M. said...

Amazing dress <3

www.fashion-utopia.com

Ollyvia Laura Arnold said...

LOVELY PHOTOSHOOT

SRS BLOG
YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Stephanie said...

This is great! I read Natalie's post about you yesterday and she's right the way you write is just inspirational. Love this and thanks for sharing motivational quotes and The We are 365 blog:)

x
StephC

http://sstephcc.blogspot.com/

Katie M said...

You write such inspiring words! Fantastic post, and this outfit is just beautiful.

Katie
http://www.theaisleofstyle.com/

Ari Camacho said...

This dress is perfect!
www.thedoubledenim.com

Holly Rose said...

Thank you for writing such a beautiful and relatable post, I feel like so many people today are experiencing this, going to university and trying to figure out what path to take after it, feeling like you need to fit into a certain box. Lovely post! x
Summer,
http://the-twins-wardrobe.blogspot.com/

katherine lou said...

Gorgeous dress Dylana! The same happened to me. I went into college as a biology major hoping to fulfill my mother's dreams of working in the medical field since she worked in the medical field. She thought it was the safe choice for me (which I totally get since she was just trying to look out for me and my future) but it just wasn't right. I ended up graduating in business economics in hopes of being an entrepreneur. I don't think I'd ever been happier and although I know it's a tough road ahead of me, but I'm sure it will be worth it! Thank you for sharing your post and making me realize that I'm not the only one!

Mihaela said...

this is wonderful :) i hope you're having an amazing day!

mfashionfreak♥blog

Rosie May said...

I love this. You are amazing and so inspiring!

www.rosiemay.co.nz

rossana said...

Love that Anna Sui dress on you so perfect.

thiang said...

You are too perfect and your writing is so inspiring to follow your guts and believe in yourself. You have already succeeded my luv .