Saturday, February 21, 2015

Topshop | Trending in London Now


Yesterday, my Trending in London Now display went up at the front of the Topshop store in Soho NYC in celebration of the upcoming Topshop Unique show happening during London Fashion Week on Sunday, Feb. 22. And I am so super excited about the fact that my styled outfits are on showcase in the store! 

Up on display are 6 total looks, with a pair dedicated to each major trend: Modernism, Utility and Seventies. I went in the direction of neutral blue and grey for the Modernism trend, with a futuristic pop of metallic for each look. The silver fanny pack was my favorite added touch out of the lot! 

For Utility I wanted to try two different sides of the trend, the more tomboy and casual side, and the more quirky/art student side. Cargo, stripes and distressed denim is a go-to combo that is always striking, especially with a little belly baring. For the other Utility look, I wanted to bring to life the cargo and tan color combination with an oversized floral print that felt both artistic and graphic to me. 

For Seventies, I had a lot of fun because bohemian and tomboy is totally me. One look is sexy and festival ready with the crochet and mini overall dress. The other more Seventies school girl with the high-waisted mini, stripes and bright yellow raincoat. I felt a close connection to this last outfit because it was so similar to something I saw my mom rocking in old photo of her. Plus, I love the added burst of brightness it added to the entire display as a whole.

You can catch the live stream of the Topshop Unique show on TOPSHOP.COM this Sunday at 10AM EST. Make sure to get up early enough to catch it because it is never one to be missed! Topshop always has something super London cool up their sleeves. I can't wait to see how my interpretation of the trends matches up to the one's coming down the runway this weekend.

Also, make sure to head to the store to check out the display and Topshop's other on-trend offerings for the new season. Grab a flyer at the store to find out how you can enter to win 5 of your favorite pieces from the trends!


Shop some of the pieces from these looks online:

19 comments:

Liz Lauren said...

so 70s

http://hashtagliz.com

Mindy said...

You did a fabulous job styling each trend! I freakin love the modernism and utility looks! Can't wait to check it out this weekend! <3
xo,
Mindy | Blonde Nouveau

The other half of Carol said...

Adoro todos os casacos! Tenho o verde e é mesmo quentinho!

Rosie May said...

Wow! This is so awesome! You did an amazing job.

Rosie www.rosiemay.co.nz

Jeanne said...

I love these silhouettes! Gorgeous zipeed dress!
♥♥♥
Jeanne
http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

Anonymous said...

It would be super nice, if you could post the shopping links for the looks!

Sina ♥

Shelby said...

You did such a great job with this! Love how each look is so unique, yet the collection really fits together.

http://www.stainedsilverblog.com

Ashlee Favro said...

Absolutely love top shop!! Amazing store

www.tusksandtails.com

Louise said...

This is a wonderful post! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog, always returning the support
http://thefacelessstyle.blogspot.com

aurora morales said...

oh wow you so talented girl and the styling is so awesome.

adrienne said...

I know you have such amazing talent but working with Topshop is totally fabulous.

Laura Mitbrodt said...

Great photos, I love Top Shop
xo
www.laurajaneatelier.com

theglamcurl said...

I really like the tan and white shoes on the seventies mannequin! Great stuff.

TGC
theglamcurl.com

Ira Kharchenko said...

Great post! Join my giveaway:

theprintedsea.blogspot.com/2015/02/caseidol-giveaway.html

FASHION SNAG said...

Love the retro vibes.

www.FashionSnag.com

Monica said...

Amazing collection and you did a great job!:)
Happy Sunday!
http://sunstreetbymonica.blogspot.com

Danielle said...

so cool that you got to do that, loving the looks you put together!

xx danielle // shades of danielle

Nikki Williams said...

i love everything!!

xx nikki
www.dream-in-neon.com

Chen Shania said...

Good post learned from it http://www.robesdemariee2013.com/