Monday, February 16, 2015

Bite of the Cactus

___

TYSA kimono // SHOP SIMILAR
The Fifth Label dress // SHOP SIMILAR
Lack of Color hat // SHOP HERE
DANNIJO cuff // SHOP SIMILAR
DV by Dolce Vita boots // SHOP HERE
Custom Dooney & Bourke bag // SHOP SIMILAR
___

Currently in the middle of a pretty hectic NYFW. It's always a love/hate relationship with NYFW (or any fashion week in general) for me. It's like one of those suffer for fashion sort of things, ya know. But deep down, I really do enjoy everything I get to experience during it. Fashion week was a pretty huge dream for me when I was a little girl, even though back then I never thought that little old me would ever someday be sitting front row at my favorite designers' runway shows. Like wuuuuttt???!!!?? No way. I still feel like I have to pinch myself when the first model steps out onto the runway. This is my 8th New York Fashion Week, can you believe it? Now that's just insane to me. For some reason it still feels so fresh to me each and every time, despite the extremely shitty weather we always get during it (always too cold or too hot) and the broken feet (all that walking in pretty shoes is a killer). I think it's because each season marks new friendships and inspirations. And with each season I become more comfortable in my own skin and more confident with what I offer the industry, and that makes a huge difference. I've never appreciated being a part of the industry's favorite week EVER more than right now. I don't even mind the frostbite! 

Anywhooo, just wanted to update ya'll with a little something to make up for all the white noise. And so to let you forget about the frostbite and legit suffering for fashion we all are experiencing in NYC right now, here's another look from California that I haven't gotten around to posting yet. One of my favorite spots to rediscover time after time in my sleepy hometown of Santa Clarita is William S. Hart ranch and museum. Hart was a silent film star of the western movie golden era, and the land he owned is just so beautiful and oh so California. Darted with cacti and rugged trails that lead up to his home that is now a museum, the ranch holds remnants of his life to be explored and shared. My very first school field trip was to this exact museum, and I remember feeling like it was miles and miles away, as if I was in a totally different state. Really, it was just right next door. Long live the Southwestern soul and cactus dreams. 


Shop my look:

23 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow I love these photos and the outfit, beautiful! <3

XX www.laurenlouvaine.com

Michael said...

8th? Wooow, that's co cool!! It must be such experience..maybe you should do some resume for all of them in one post ;)
Michael
www.ontheleaf.net

Natali said...

Beautiful photos! You look stunning and that kimono is such a unique piece.

http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

Nadya from dushonok.com said...

Dylana, a lovely look!
I envy everyone who's in California now, and I so feel for the ones who's in NYC at the fashion week! I just came back from NYC, so cold there. As cold as here, in Canada. I did two fashion photoshoots in NYC, and I thought I would freeze to death! Poor fashionistas

http://dushonok.com/

Rosa Bueso said...

ohhh love this look!! amazing jacket

Hannah Anderson said...

That cardigan is gorgeous! Love it!
-Hannah
www.sweeterthanserenity.com

Liz Lauren said...

love the hat

http://hashtagliz.com

Blonde Nouveau said...

In love with this hat Dylana! and those shoes!! Ahhh <3

xo,
Blonde Nouveau

Nikki Williams said...

that kimono is gorgeous!

xx nikki
www.dream-in-neon.com

Marta González Rubio said...

The boho-chic inspiration of this outfit is just amazing, adore the kimono, it's so beautiful and chic. Those boots are pure rock.
Kisses

http://www.misskeyblog.com/

Sara Inga Catrin said...

STUNNING pictures! Loving the outfit & setting, x S.

http://saraicg.com

Yonosoyunaitgirl Sandra Cuiña said...

Great look! XX

AVY said...

I miss New York but I refuse to go when it's that cold.

/Avy

http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

Shelby said...

I love this look! Especially the hat:) Also, what lipstick are you using? It is beautiful.

http://stainedsilverblog.com/

L.T. said...

Great photos! Love the patterns

Leeanna
elle-tea.blogspot.com

Vanessa said...

Beautiful post! I'd also love to know which lipstick you're wearing.
-Vanessa
http://babe-sicle.com/

Lary Mello said...

you look great!! love it <3
http://www.tastemycloset.com/

Rosie May said...

Stunning photos :)

Rosie www.rosiemay.co.nz

Ashlee Favro said...

I just want to decorate my place with cactus's!

www.tusksandtails.com
instagram: @favro

Sabrina T. said...

love that kimono!!!
kiss from

Patchwork à Porter

Maddie Toy said...

i love that kimono! and the desert plants make the perfect backdrop for this outfit! gorgeous.
xo,
maddie

www.feelingmagenta.com

Natalia/Shandrese said...

Love these photos!

http://sincerelyrenay.blogspot.com/

Michelle Lee said...

love that boots!




www.pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com