Friday, May 29, 2015

Teva | Festival Style


After four straight years of attending music festivals I know what I like and don't like to wear when it comes to the fashion part of it all. I have found that I actually prefer the idea of less being more, but that no matter what, the foundation of my looks will always be bohemian and earthy feeling at heart. Not only that, but they will be inspired by my past travels and the places I plan to travel to in the future! I like to play with striking yet soft color pops, such as the turquoise on my belt or the trimming on my Teva Original sandals, to complement the neutrals I have on. Blue, blue vintage denim and retro florals are such staples in my closet that I will never let go of, so I always try to find a way to freshen them up each music festival season. So here is my new take on festival dressing in collaboration with Teva Original sandals and Who What Wear, inspired by the Bonnaroo music festival. Fashion and music go hand in hand for me, and it's a must that I be able to dance the night away in whatever I am wearing.


Look #1 is super 60's, with my paisley printed top and suede high-waisted mini skirt. Fleetwood Mac, Jimi Hendrix, and Jim Morrison of The Doors have always been my main inspirations, both fashion-wise and music-wise. I grew up with their music and watching their showmanship and styling on stage. It all had me dreaming. I still listen to them and similar artists on the daily, so incorporating belled sleeves and earthy tones into my daily outfits, whether I'm going to a music festival or not, has always felt natural and effortless to me. Soft-flowing and free-spirited are two ways to explain my personal style, and I try to maintain this vibe in everything I wear. Comfort is always key to me when getting dressed for music festivals, and these Teva Original sandals in braided suede are the next best thing to bare feet in the grass. So modern hippie of me :)


__________



Look #2 was actually inspired my recent trip to the Caribbean . . . San Juan, Puerto Rico to be exact. I've been a lifelong fan of Latin American music, and especially music from Cuba. When I think of the Caribbean, I think of bare shoulders and an uncovered neckline, high-waisted denim that hugs all my curves and Teva Original sandals on my feet. All while dancing with my hips underneath the sun and sipping on a drink made with rum. Older bands like Buena Vista Social Club and newer bands like City of the Sun create something beautiful with those Latin American guitar sounds. When I'm at a music festival, I want to dance like how I'd dance in the heat on a beach with my imaginary Puerto Rican boyfriend :) A little spice and some mysteriousness always needs to be incorporated into my festival fashion.


Check out the Who What Wear feature on my Teva looks HERE.

12 comments:

Natali said...

You look absolutely fantastic in both outfits, but the 2nd one is my favourite one! :)

http://lartoffashion.com

Cherie Tang said...

I bloody love both of these outfits! The paisley top is lovely, and I love the blue belt and sandals in the 2nd outfit. Love :)
https://cherieedle.blogspot.com/

Liz Lauren said...

love all these tevas


http://hashtagliz.com

Marta said...

Love the skirt! Great looks!

http://martasfashiondiary.com

marilyn said...

OMg my husband favorite sandals of all time and now it's my obsession too after seeing the beautiful sandals new from TEVA . Love your looks !!

Sasha Avgherinos said...

Really love both these outfits, and the tevas
x
www.thecowslip.blogspot.com

Ashlee Favro said...

Very groovy on both looks!!

www.tusksandtails.com

April Onebane said...

You reminded me I have a 20% off coupon at Teva's from my Bonnaroo kit. Just bought the mosaic pair in Vintage Indigo. Hoping you'll be at Bonnaroo. Would love to meet you!

thiang said...

love Teva !!

Marta González Rubio said...

Adore the suede skirt, it looks so retro, chic and the mix with the blouse is absolutely amazing. The 70s inspiration of this outfit is just perfect
Kisses
http://miss-key.com/

Summer Read said...

Love all these looks! I loove those burgundy flats!
xx

Rachel Ang said...

Great looks! The first one is my favourite!!!

Rachel x
thehappybits.blogspot.com