Friday, June 26, 2015

Beauty | My Summer Skin Savers


___

O'Neill bikini // SHOP HERE AND HERE
Cleobella fringe dress // SHOP HERE
___

Hey ya'll! So summer is officially here! I've already gotten plenty of sun these past few months with my hot weather escapes to Puerto Rico, Indio and Key West, during which I made sure to slather on tons of SPF. But even so, all that sun exposure can make one feel a bit rough around the edges in the weeks afterwards. I made the huge mistake of using an oil-based tan extender in Puerto Rico, and my sensitive skin had some sort of breakout reaction that was not cute. So I've made a point to give my skin some extra tender love and care to reverse any of the effects from my sunny travels. Not to mention, living in a city full of traffic and subway care rides isn't the best thing for one's skin neither. All the more reason to treat the skin you are in just like a baby.

So here is what I've been using recently at the start of my day and at the end of my day. I juggle around lots of products throughout the year, trying to find my favorites. It's fun to experiment, but when you find a routine that works, the best advice is to stick with it. Let me know if you have used any of these products and what you think of them if you do!


Mario Badescu Fruit and Vitamin A & D Hand Cream SPF 10 // SHOP SIMILAR
No one should ever overlook the power of a good hand cream! Our hands are usually the last things we think about slathering sunscreen on. We use them all day long, so really they need the most love and protection. This one smells so good, it's hard to not want to use it in the first place. 

Mario Badescu Summer Shine Body Lotion
I love the dewy look, which is why I love this lotion! You'll look like you just came from a tropical beach shower 24/7 with this lotion.

Mario Badescu A.H.A. Botanical Body Soap // SHOP SIMILAR
The botanical fruit extracts in this body soap work like an acne wash, just in a more natural, less-abrasive way. My skin feels like heaven afterwards and I never feel irritated. 


Vaseline Intensive Care Healing Serum // SHOP HERE
The name says it all. This heavier serum literally heals dry skin and locks in moisture, with special ingredients that go beyond just a quick fix. This is my go-to body moisturizer for long-term protection.

Alba Botanica Acne Dote Deep Pore Wash
This product has been my LIFE-SAVER since I started using it a few months ago. I haven't had to worry about any sort of major breakout session since. And if I get a small case, it fixes it up quick! Plus it feels gentle to the skin because it's made of natural and organic ingredients. 

Garnier Fructis Marvelous Oil Deep Nourish 5-Action Hair Elixir // SHOP HERE
My hair has gone through a few bleach jobs during its lifetime, and I recently just went back to a darker, more natural color. But the abuse still shows through. That's when this hair oil comes in. Made with a mix of rainforest oils and butters, this elixir is the real deal. Just a pump or two worked into the ends of my damp hair instantly adds luster, shine and softness. 

L'Oreal Invisible Protect Sheer Sunscreen Spray // SHOP HERE
This spray sunscreen is just so easy and fun to apply! It makes getting your dose of sun protection a total breeze. Just spray and go!

Mario Badescu Hyaluronic Eye Cream // SHOP HERE
This eye cream is made to work on all skin types, including those with sensitive skin. It's not greasy either and is easily absorbed. 


Aerie Sugar Rush Raw Sugar & Coffee Scrub // SHOP HERE
The perfect scrub for the end of the week, or to start off your mornings on the weekends! It softens as it tones. Your legs will be summer ready in a hot second with this scrub.

Mario Badescu Flower & Tonic Mask // SHOP HERE
This purifying and calming mask is the dream! Just a light layer left on for 15-20 minutes gets rid of congestion, bumps and oiliness. You'll look and feel fresh-faced instantly. I love this after a long, stressful week. 

Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover // SHOP HERE
Because this makeup remover has never disappointed me. It lifts away everything so I can sleep at night knowing I have nothing leftover from the day.

Chantecaille Fruit and Flowers Acid Mask // SHOP HERE
This mask is really luxury in a bottle. It's super gentle in the way it works to re-texturize the surface of your skin. The AHA in this comes from sugar cane and dissolves dead skin cells. You'll look pretty as a flower afterwards.

Kiehl's Nashi Blossom & Pink Grapefruit Skin-Softening Body Cleanser
This cleanser smells so aromatic and exotic, you might mistake it for your next favorite fragrance. It's soothing infusions will leave you feeling super soft for 24 hours. You'll be amazed. 


14 comments:

Liz Lauren said...

I really like Khiels and I'm definitely gonna try some of these other products. I need a good moisturizer -- it's so important


http://hashtagliz.com

Jessica said...

Oooh I've been looking for hand cream with vitamin E -- this one sounds fabulous. It looks like we have similar skin care problems -- I'm so excited to peruse through this list here for my summer travels ^_^
Gorgeous photos -- you look amazing babe! Loving that fringed throw-over so so much!
xo
www.threadandbones.com

Rory said...


Love that fringe dress coverup! What beautiful pictures, too.
Rory
www.WearAboutsBlog.com

Marta said...

Nice post! Love the bikini and the black dress!

http://martasfashiondiary.com

Stephanie said...

so summery and fresh, love you gals' swim wear!

x
StephC

http://sstephcc.blogspot.com/

Laura Mitbrodt said...

Your swimsuit is so cute! I also love your fringe top
xo
www.laurajaneatelier.com

Amparo said...

Love the bikini!

Amparo

Mariel Parton said...

beautiful photos Dylana, I don't own any of these products but they all sound amazing and will definitely try them out :) <3

http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

mybeautrip said...

Love first vintage bikini!
xx

www.mybeautrip.com

Ashlee Favro said...

Both your swimsuits are amazing, want them!!

www.tusksandtails.com
@favro

Violet Roots said...

I don't use those products but I'm all about keeping hydrated, using sunscreen and making sure to moisturize and cleanse my face. The sun can make things oily and your skin can take a beating that way too. I also love your black bikini too!

-M
www.violetroots.com

Becca Barton said...

I recently made the switch from a face lotion to a face oil (almond & jojoba, I think?) and it's crazy— all the bumps are gone and my skin is just super silky smooth. Also, less ingredients has to be better for your skin, right?

Elizabeth J. Neal said...

We review the best Scars Removal Treatment Creams and serums for acne scars, surgery scars and more. scarremovalcream.co

Julie said...

In the beginning steps of deciding what type of skin care treatments you want it's important that you see to your own skin and recognize what type of allergies and other skin disfuntions you have. Here you'll find something you can do RIGHT NOW to improve your skin and become happier. skin care treatments