Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Bold As Love

___

Vintage silk blouse from Salvation Army in Birmingham, Alabama
Love Shack Fancy mini skirt // SHOP HERE
___

Since I haven't lived in California in over 4 years, it's not often that I find myself in a place where there is nothing but miles and miles of open land surrounding me on all sides. So when I come across places like this, I take hold for as long as I can. I run in all directions with my eyes closed because I know there is nothing to knock me down, and that there is nothing that I will run into or trip over (unless it's just my own two feet, which actually happens quite often). I love the melodic sound of cars and trucks zipping by on the freeway. It's like everything keeps going on and moving forward while you get to stay in a moment of peace that is separate from everything else. Anxieties and stress is in the cars passing by as opposed to in your mind for those minutes your feet are digging deep into the earth beneath you. Go out and try it next time you find the chance to jump into a field on the side of the freeway. Stand in the middle, close your eyes and lean your head back. Listen to all that is around you, yet at the same time drown the sounds out with your thoughts of how good it feels to be where you are standing. Even just for a little bit. 

And here are some lyrics to one of my favorite Jimi Hendrix songs, because the blouse I'm wearing was purchased purely because of the fact that I felt like Jimi would have worn it to perform onstage. This is the reason behind many of my vintage purchases. And there you go. 

Anger, he smiles,
towering in shiny metallic purple armour
Queen Jealousy, envy waits behind him
Her fiery green gown sneers at the grassy ground

Blue are the life-giving waters taken for granted,
They quietly understand
Once happy turquoise armies lay opposite ready,
But wonder why the fight is on
But they're all bold as love, yeah, they're all bold as love
Yeah, they're all bold as love
Just ask the axis

My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war,
and ribbons of euphoria
Orange is young, full of daring,
But very unsteady for the first go round
My yellow in this case is not so mellow
In fact I'm trying to say it's frigthened like me
And all these emotions of mine keep holding me from, eh,
Giving my life to a rainbow like you
But, I'm eh , yeah, I'm bold as love

- Jimi Hendrix, Bold As Love


18 comments:

Liezel Esquire said...

Love the shirt! x

http://www.fashioliezta.com

Natali said...

Gorgeous boho outfit, so simple and so stylish!

http://lartoffashion.com

Liz Lauren said...

that top is soo cute


http://hashtagliz.com

LIVforstyle said...

Love your printed shirt.

Liv

www.livforstyle.net

AVY said...

I know what you mean with listening to those sounds with your eyes closed. Feels like being alive.

/ Avy
http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com




Elle Nelums said...

that whole album was one of my favs when I was in high school. i think jimi would have approved of that top too.
-elle
gypsiblog.com

Rory said...

great pictures and great motto, Dylana!
Rory
www.WearAboutsBlog.com

Summer Read said...

I love that feeling, nothing quite like it! Love this look x

http://the-twins-wardrobe.blogspot.com/

Holly Rose said...

Love this post, love the feeling of standing in the middle of a giant field, the sun just setting, everything quiet.. Need to go on a walk now!x
Holly x

http://the-twins-wardrobe.blogspot.com/

Rachel said...

Everything about this is fantastic! Love the colors and the feeling :)

xo

Rachel

Victoria said...

Dylana,

Wow! That blouse really is spectacular and Jimi would definitely have approved. Would you say that most of your vintage buys are because they make you feel like a rockstar? I know most of mine are that way, or like a beatnik.

Being out here in California I probably too often take advantage of the free space that is all encompassing. You have inspired me to go out for a long walk to enjoy it. Like you I'm on the clumsy side so running with my eyes closed is a no go!

An amazing post again worth sharing. xoxo

aurora said...

Wow love that blouse and you as usual look amazing !!

Laurie said...

You so lucky to be able to travel and working on your blog , obsessed with it and can't wait for new styles from you .

Marta said...

Amazing outfit Dylana! Love your photos!

http://martasfashiondiary.com

mybeautrip said...

Stylish pics. Skirt is great!
xx

www.mybeautrip.com

Chavelle Galindo said...

Haven't been on blogger in yearssss. But I'm starting to blog again, just visiting pages from old comments.
I really love your blog though, the content is great.

xxxology.blogspot.com


xxx
Chavelle

aurora said...

Hi Dylana so obsessed with your blog and it's wonderful pics and a true fantastic writer !!

Oroma Roxella Rukevwe said...

I'm in love with this look and how the skirt elongates your legs <3

/ O.R.R. || A Personal Style Blog