Monday, June 29, 2015

The City of New Orleans


New Orleans, Louisana was one of the most visually stimulating places I've ever had the pleasure to visit so far, apart from Puerto Rico. The classic French architecture told stories  of mystery, intrigue, romance and triumph with very curved iron arch and every rectangular window. And I found the city to be one of the most musically infused. I found myself dancing to some sort of beat around every corner I took a turn at. Live music pouring out of the open bars. Full on jazz bands playing in the middle of the streets, or on a sidewalk at a busy intersection. No matter what, you had to stop to watch. And you can't help but feel apart of it as the heat rises from the ground and the sweat gather on your back and your hair starts to stick to the sides of your face. A city where it is very obvious that it's charm lies where the old meets the new, and nothing is lost in-between the story telling. The colors, the people, the smells and the tastes all mixed up together and rolling in and out of its French-influenced streets of The French Quarter. There's nothing not to love about New Orleans, and I have a lot more to share soon from our one day tour of the city that I hope to be visiting soon again :)


13 comments:

AVY said...

Oh, I've never been there but I want to go, for the warm nights if nothing else.

/ Avy
http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com




Liezel Esquire said...

Wow! It looks amazing x

http://www.fashioliezta.com

Liz Lauren said...

such a cool place -- I'd love to visit some day


http://hashtagliz.com

Rory said...

Wow, New Orleans looks awesome! I can tell from these pictures it's a very different vibe than NYC...but I kinda like that :)
Rory
www.WearAboutsBlog.com

elzbthchlmrspps said...

Wow these photos are amazing, I really to explore a lot of america one day, especially if I get to see places like this! I could actually feel myself dancing along the streets when you wrote about always hearing all the music, it really does sound like an amazing place to visit.

Manuela PiƱeiro said...

NOLA will be my next stop!

www.manipineiro.com

Ashlee Favro said...

NOLA is so high on bucket list left for the states, can't wait to go!

www.tusksandtails.com
@favro

Elle Nelums said...

New Orleans looks like such a magical city! So much color! I love beignets! Send me some of that awesomely packaged mix!!
elle
gypsiblog.com

Rachel said...

This post is so colorful and lively! It makes me feel like I'm right there in it :)

xo

Rachel

Stephanie said...

I love NOLA, was just there last month and also found it to be one of the most musical cities. I love the live music and jazz in literally every corner. Plus can't ignore the intricate designs and architecture in the French Quarter. Great pics! :)

x
StephC

http://sstephcc.blogspot.com/

Heloise said...

good post! thanks sharing!

Mariel Parton said...

New Orleans is among the top in my list of cities to see in the US and this post has got me yearning to see it even more.
So beautiful architecturally and like you've mentioned, the music..oh how I'd love to hear it live :)

http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

Carmen Henry said...

New Orleans looks like a beautiful city. I can't wait to go one day :)

http://www.theartofvintagerevival.com