Friday, July 24, 2015

See Green


Aerie swimsuit
Rhode Resort blouse
Crap Eyewear sunglasses

For someone from California and in love with summer, I definitely don't spend as much time by the beach as I should. I mean, I do live in NYC, and getting to a local beach is already kind of a trip if you don't have a car. But whenever I do get by the water, I make the most of my day. If I could live my perfect dream life, I'd be in a bikini every single day, running my own business out of Bali and eating breakfast of fresh fruits and nuts on a balcony overlooking my own private beach. But like I said, that's a dream life. The reality is a once a month (maybe two) weekend trip to Montauk. Sundays in Montauk are the best, because it's when everyone is leaving and I get to stay to roam a little longer with the desolate sands and waves. Always foggier in this part of Long Island, the beaches feel more beautifully melancholic. As if they were sad and missing the color of the people who took up their space just a few hours earlier. But so happy in anticipation of the upcoming weekend when it will have company and a buzzing feeling once again. And the cycle continues. As for me, I get to enjoy the artful and delicate sways of its melancholic in-between state. So much more space. So much more air. So much more free sea. Running around without the extra pairs of curious eyes staring at me jumping around in my bikini. Just me and a friend and the sand beneath our feet. No judgment. I could spin and get dizzy and fall on that lonely sand forever. 

Shop some other rad Crap Eyewear styles:


Natali said...

Lovely photos... Gotta love the Summer!

Mariel Parton said...

pretty bikini Dylana, love the colour and there's nothing better than a desolate beach all to yourself right :) so peaceful and lovely x

Summer Read said...

Love this beach look! I really wish I lived closer to the sea, nothing beats spending a few carefree hours on an empty shore!

Holly Rose said...

I live in sw france, there are some nice beaches not too far away from me that I should definitely visit more often! Although I can never spend loads if time out in the sun I do love the beach! Lovely swimsuit xx
Holly x

Liz Lauren said...

love this bikini

ChocolateFashionCoffee said...

love that swimsuit! :)

ChocolateFashionCoffee Facebook Page

Stegofashion said...

Amazing look ;)

Ashlee Favro said...

Now this is what a cover up should be!

LIVforstyle said...

Love your summer style.


Stephanie said...

Love the summer vibes and swimsuit!


Rachel said...

The color on the bikini is gorgeous on you! Love your description of the beach, too :)



mybeautrip said...

Great pics. Love the color of your bikini!

aurora said...

You look amazing love the 2 piece and the top over to look so chic !

rossana said...

Fabulous !!