Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Striped in Williamsburg

___

Fifth Label // SHOP HERE
Joie boots // SHOP HERE
Marie Turnor leather backpack // SHOP SIMILAR
Vintage neck scarf
___

Sometimes casual is hard to do without looking a bit on the boring side. Especially when it's hot out. This is one of my last summer in the city looks (I was sweating underneath my neck scarf). Even this dress seemed too hot on this particular day! But I was drawn to it when I sifted through my clothing rack for something to wear out. Recently, I feel like I've forgotten about stripes, viewing them as too basic and too classic of a statement. But now with fall coming around, I see them fitting into my life more often. Especially since outerwear will be coming into play very, very soon. Stripes are a good balance. They bring things back down to earth when you happen to initially go all out. I like a good balancing act. 

17 comments:

Camilla said...

You look gorgeous babe! So sad I missed you at LFW- definitely hop over the ocean for next season!

x Camilla

intothefoldmag.com

Natali said...

Looking so cute and Parisienne chic in this outfit!

http://lartoffashion.com

Liz Lauren said...

I've been wanted a t-shirt dress like this but I'm so short that they never look as good on me! This looks perfect on you and I love the boots with it



http://hashtagliz.com

AVY said...

Super cute, and a little French. Less is more.

/ Avy
http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com




►Nadush said...

lovely outfit ! :) amazing casual but no boring ! :)
my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

Ela BellaWorld said...

Beautiful photos! I like your outfit, it is so pretty! x

www.elabellaworld.com

Stephanie said...

Cute simple yet comfy look!

x
StephC

http://sstephcc.blogspot.com/

Suzan said...

Gorgeous. Love the dress.

Mary Gui said...

love the simple striped dress!

http://layersofchic.com

Laura Mitbrodt said...

Love your striped dress, great photos
xo
www.laurajaneatelier.com

Rachel said...

Even looking amazing in something so casual :) Love it!

xo

Rachel

Rachel Ang said...

CHIC!!

Rachel x
thehappybits.blogspot.com

The Sunday Mode said...

Great look, very Parisian feeling! Personally I'm a sucker for stripes all year round, summer is coming in Melbourne and I'll probably be wearing stripes the whole season.

www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

Ana Sofia said...

Stunning!

Check out my blog <3 | ANASOFIACHIC
@anasofiachic

thiang said...

amazing simple look and you still look amazing.

ndudlagirl said...

Love your style, so effortlessly chic!
xoxo,|
Nataliya

www.ndudlagirl.blogspot.com

Fabiénne said...

lovely post!! :) great blog as always!!
xx
THATGIRLKIP